[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Imbalanced Games!
Forum Index » General Discussion
Xtynct

Xtynct

I love Uniwar. It's the only game I play. But how many thousands of ads must I watch in order to obtain the new units?

I play someone online. They have the new units, I do not. The game is therefore quite lopsided and not fun. Yes, I know some of you will argue to the contrary; this is my opinion so I thought I'd express how I feel. And trust me, I'm not the only one!
The Impaler

The Impaler

I agree with you. However, you should look at it a bit differently - This is a paid game with a free trial with 100% of features unlocked besides units. Then on top of that, you can earn in game currency and never pay at all. From the dev's perspective, it's unfair to expect an incredibly polished game such as Uniwar to be free. It's worth the money.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 16, 2017 18:36

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Just playing the game, doing the campaign etc gives you in game credits. If you play for about 6 months i think you can get all the units without watching any ads. In the mean time use the 15 credit unit tokens when you need to build a unit you don't have i.e. 3 ads. The more games you play concurrently the quicker you earn credits too. Infinite undo is still worth paying for imho.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
NinjaPoutine

NinjaPoutine

Yes this is absurd. The guardians pretty much ruins everything for me.
Did they had to go for the OP units? They are locked for certain players, fine. Did they have to make them way too strong?
When a war can be won simply because one side has access to a specific unit while the other doesn't... It's time to move on to another game
To me it is a blatant sign that the people behind Uniwar are ---------- -------------. By creating these units they made their strategy game a lot less strategic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24, 2017 17:16

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

NinjaPoutine wrote:Yes this is absurd. The guardians pretty much ruins everything for me.
Did they had to go for the OP units? They are locked for certain players, fine. Did they have to make them way too strong?
When a war can be won simply because one side has access to a specific unit while the other doesn't... It's time to move on to another game
To me it is a blatant sign that the people behind Uniwar are ---------- -------------. By creating these units they made their strategy game a lot less strategic.

All units are avaialble to all. There is currently an error in the ad-watch feature (for players that dont want to purchase them). It will be fixed soon.

And please dont be rude towards the developers.. it will not get you anywhere. Constructive critisism - yes, rudeness . no

And... you are wrong about the guardian being OP. At higher leveles you will not see it buildt so much.. it is very hard to protect properly

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24, 2017 17:26

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
NinjaPoutine

NinjaPoutine

simsverd wrote:
  NinjaPoutine wrote:Yes this is absurd. The guardians pretty much ruins everything for me.

All units are avaialble to all. There is currently an error in the ad-watch feature (for players that dont want to purchase them). It will be fixed soon.

And please dont be rude towards the developers.. it will not get you anywhere. Constructive critisism - yes, rudeness . no

And... you are wrong about the guardian being OP. At higher leveles you will not see it buildt so much.. it is very hard to protect properly

They are just as hard to protect than any other unit you want protected
They are being built. Doesn't matter if it's "so much" or not. For what they cost they give such an advantage VS whoever doesn't have that unit unlocked. That's pretty much the highlight of the game. "Player 1 built a guardian. GG"
Funny how, in your argument, you're setting yourself up to be a mighty and experienced player while anyone who doesn't agree with you is ignorant.
I think you play too much of this half dead game and spend too much time on their forum with your Ned Flanders attitude.
You sir, are a loser.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25, 2017 12:31

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Strong opinions for someone who registered their account 2 days ago! Have you even completed the campaign?

I am fairly sure I will be able to beat you without using any new units and I am no where near as good as Sims. Feel free to challenge me as Titan, I'll even choose Kharlean. Map "Round we go again". (or accept here and I'll set it up)

Assuming you don't want to pay real money, you can build the new units at the expense of watching an Ad, either in game as you buy the unit or by buying build unit tokens in the shop. You also get coins for completing the campaign.

Or you can continue to throw abuse at Sims and the Devs and see where that gets you.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Redfog

Redfog

wookieontheweb wrote:Strong opinions for someone who registered their account 2 days ago! Have you even completed the campaign?

I am fairly sure I will be able to beat you without using any new units and I am no where near as good as Sims. Feel free to challenge me as Titan, I'll even choose Kharlean. Map "Round we go again". (or accept here and I'll set it up)

Assuming you don't want to pay real money, you can build the new units at the expense of watching an Ad, either in game as you buy the unit or by buying build unit tokens in the shop. You also get coins for completing the campaign.

Or you can continue to throw abuse at Sims and the Devs and see where that gets you.

Yes, please show me as well how the Guardian is op, I wanna know what I've been doing wrong all the time!
Pento

Pento

By the way, is there anyone still working on this game?
Everyone thinks balancing is fine right now?
The last balancing changes have been 5 month ago.
There were lots of discussions but nothing happens
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Pento wrote:By the way, is there anyone still working on this game?
Everyone thinks balancing is fine right now?
The last balancing changes have been 5 month ago.
There were lots of discussions but nothing happens

Spookyhouse devs are working on the game, but it takes some time to get to know the codebase...

We are discussing balance, but we dont want to change much before the subs are released to all.. as we want to see the impact they have before making changes.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Pento

Pento

I see, but how much will submarine change it?
There are few maps that even offer a harbour.
When will they be released?
Redfog

Redfog

Well. On maps without a harbour you may be right. But on those that have it this will have the following effects (assuming the players have access to all units or unit tokens). If a ship normally would be a viable option (the Leviathan for instance is like a better Wyrm or the Hydronaut a good alternative to a Walker in several situations), their counters (especially the Kraken) might reduce their appearance. On the other hand, units such as the Skimmer or the Submarine which are sort of harrassment/blaster-units might make some appearance. Especially in TvT I might imagine the Skimmer as a practical alternative to a guardian (as Titans have no air units to properly chase down sea units). There is a lot more to say about it than I just did but as Sims mentioned, there is good reason to wait with balancing until subs are released for online play (for now you can try them in offline play). Hope that helped
Pento

Pento

In know that.
But just waiting and not doing anything is no solution.
And at least small adjustments should be made, even if you have to take them back later(worst case).
Because still people play mainly ground units and this will be always be like that and there you should work for a descent balance.
But this is not happening for month.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Pento wrote:In know that.
But just waiting and not doing anything is no solution.
And at least small adjustments should be made, even if you have to take them back later(worst case).
Because still people play mainly ground units and this will be always be like that and there you should work for a descent balance.
But this is not happening for month.

We dont think there are any big imbalances atm, and we have choosen to wait for the subs release before making adjustments.
This is ofc a selfimposed restriction and we will do changes if they are important. Can you elaborate end exemplify what changes you think should be done ASAP ?

[Email]
The Impaler

The Impaler

NinjaPoutine wrote:

LOOK AT ME I JUST JOINED A GAME AND KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!

I am a loser.

Another big man who doesnt know what hes talking about insulting people on the internet, what a shocker. normally id endeavor to explain what he is missing but nah, I'd rather he just leave the game.

If any polite people feel the same as him I'd be happy to discuss how to deal with the unit i havent seen used in top level competitive play for over a month...

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion