[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: youownme
Forum Index Profile for youownme »» Messages posted by youownme
Tournaments » dan1 tourney 5 » Go to message
Just so everyone is aware, I am now playing with bongpanda.
Technical Support Questions » Is this cheating or am I missing something? » Go to message
In order to accomodate for 1st turn advantage, second player will get credits from the bases after the starting credits. As blue, you only get the starting credits. All other players in multiplayer matches get more. Think of it as getting half your credits before everyone, and half after everyone moves.
General Discussion » The censor » Go to message
  Brice K wrote: The purpose of the chat room is to discuss the game. It may get off topic which is fine, but it is not the chat to blow off steam. Go find a chat more appropriate for your purpose.

Last time I checked, it is a button labeled 'chat', not 'chat designed specifically to discuss the game'. Uniwar has a unique audience, it's hard to replace. If we only talked about the game with the current progression of it, chat would be empty six days a week.
New Feature Request » Our Balancing Salvation! » Go to message
  StarryBlink wrote: About Waxoid's Battery +1 ground heavy attack and move after attack mobility to 6 :
It may help kill plasma tank easier. But it still doesn't help against walkers.
Increasing ground heavy attack is useless when walkers are out of range.
For sapien players. The only way to kill walkers by batteries is to gang 2 batteries on 1 walker.
Thus I think the simple and the best way to improve batteries against titan is just reducing batteries price.

About sapien's tank improvement :
Increase tank's mobility to 9 or 10 should make Sap vs Tit balance better.
It will easier to rotate injured tanks back and send healthy tanks to fight plasma tanks.

+1 tank's defence will surely improve game balance.
But it will make tanks become resemble to pinzer.
Thus decrease diversity of this game.

Starryblink brings up some great points. A lot of ideas are being thrown around, but we need to try and find out the specific imbalances between the races, and create solutions to fix these specifically. We do not want batteries running around with +5 aquatic damage and +10 defense when that ruins other aspects of the game and does not even solve the problem at hand.

That being said, I also like the idea of sap tank mobility 10. It would increase imbalance in close quarters, but honestly sap usually win those battles anyways. I have also been toying around with the idea of battery splash damage. Maybe regular attack in target square but less in surrounding?

Sorry cpt, but Nitro is situational. Jeeps are already the most powerful unit in the game... And nitro plus 24 mobility allows for some mean base coverage.
Tournaments » Defense Zone tournament » Go to message
Looks like a few scrambles meshed together. A little steep calling it the 'most difficult'. I will say I like it more than the other map however.
Feedback on the following titan changes would be appreciated:

Eclipse aerial to 14, UV on buried and assimilator mobility to 7.

Any other ideas to consider would be apprciated as well.
Tournaments » dan1's tourney number 2 » Go to message
Go waxoid!
New Feature Request » OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas! » Go to message
This would be a titan unit, and I would call it the fortnight. Its stats would be as follows:

Unit type: Ground heavy
Cost:300
Mobility:8
R ange:3
Ground Light: 6
Ground heavy: 2
Aerial:6
Aquatic: 3
Defense:3
New Feature Request » Bury Suggestions » Go to message
A couple other ideas to toss around are UV on buried and burlyings having no zone of control until their next turn.
Bug Reports » Auto joined 2 games without consent? » Go to message
It took me a long time to get that change into effect. The change was a little off, nothing a little adjustment won't fix.

As for this issue, to stop yourself from getting a bunch of games you don't want, I like to set up a bunch of unrated 'filler' games and leave room for the ones you want. This is just a little workaround, but it will work to some extent.
General Discussion » Sept 10 changes... » Go to message
If you feel this way, please invite me and demonstrate why. It would help greatly.
I personally do not think this is a good idea, because then range 2 units have a much harder time countering battery. Range two to four will not help against titans significantly. And Talone if you could give some examples of such maps where balance is skewed, I would like to test them.
As you are all aware, plague range 2 and battery move after attack will be put into effect soon. There has been some concern about repeated plaguing, and battery cost. If battery cost is too much, devs will lower it too 600. Unfortunately, plague cannot have a cooldown via server update, so if plague is unbalanced they will bring it back down to 1 as well. After these changes have settled, here are my proposed titan changes:

1. Assimilator mobility boost to 7.
2. Stomp damage increased to two.
3. UV on buried.
4. Eclipse decreased penalties in terrain.

Please tell me what you think of all of these, and which should be put into effect. (Or all).

I have already been told price will be reduced if it is too much.
New Feature Request » score manipulation/abandon losing positions » Go to message
I am under the impression that they would lose the same amount whether they abandoned or lost. Half points are for custom games and kicked first round players, and full points are for randoms past round 1.
Forum Index Profile for youownme »» Messages posted by youownme