[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: cytivrat
Forum Index Profile for cytivrat »» Messages posted by cytivrat
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rules and registration » Go to message
  darf nader wrote: Is there an active bracket posted somewhere so we can se what the progress is and who we are going to be up against in the next round?

There is a nice topic, its first post includes links to two types of the documents both of which are dedicated for this purpose (and also you are supposed to report your rounds in that topic instead of this one )
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rounds and statistics » Go to message
  Mantis Lord wrote: OH! So the sap-titan sap-sap games were made automatically by the system? And we need to play the mirror games of those 2?

All 4 games are created automatically, you don't have to create any mirror game manually. And yes, you have to play all 4 games.

Mantis Lord wrote:
And it's a 24 hour turn timer this round apparently?

Did you play in first round? They are created as 24 hours at first, so everyone have time to notice that games are there, and then after couple of days they are switched to 12 hours, I prefer Xavi sent notification about it 12-24 hours before he does that change, but most likely he will switch and notify after that
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rounds and statistics » Go to message
  Sweetleaf wrote: In the first round, my games were automatically created. I won them, did not notify anyone, and the results were logged in the bracket. Now it appears that the second games are not being automatically created, as my opponent has also moved on from his first round and is ready to play.

Should I create the games, or wait for them to be automatically created for us? Thanks.

You should wait with this question till first round ends. This moment is scheduled to July 16th, so don't worry about this till that day
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rules and registration » Go to message
  darf nader wrote: When will full results of the first round be posted? Is there a cut-off time? I don't want to miss the start of round 2!

Each round is given 2 weeks to finish. First round started on July 2nd and must be finished on July 16th. So second round will start approximately July 16 or 17. Of course, there is always probability that all games will be finished earlier and maybe organizers will decide to start games earlier, but it is not very likely
Tournaments » Spring Freshet: 4 tour » Go to message
ttdanimal, open tournament table http://www.uniwar.com/tournament.html and you will see all the flags
Tournaments » Spring freshet: 2 tour » Go to message
Jens.adler, oh, ok, thanks for clarification, just tiny note - this topic is about tour 2, tour 3 results are supposed to be posted in another topic (but no need to repost it there now, I guess)
Jens.adler, are you sure that the posted data is correct? Your tour 2 game against Zxander2 was marked as won by you some time ago and you say that you are still playing it
extremedna, there are no special skipping rules. You may skip as soon as game allows (after your opponent is not making any move for 12 hours), but you may not skip him as well. It is up to you to decide.
Tournaments » How about team tournaments? » Go to message
First of all, there were at least two team tournaments, one organized on BaseGalore map by J.C. around 1 year ago http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1653.page but it never finished. Another one is "Clear Prop" http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1825.page which is still underway, hope it will be finished some day.

Real problem is that team tournaments are usually long. If you have 3 players in a team and 24-hours per move, then it can take up to 6 days to complete single round! And if it takes 20 rounds to win, then it results in up to 120 days per one game and if you have 3 or 4 rounds, then one tournament can take whole year. Yes, usually people make moves faster at the start of the tournament when they are excited about it, but there can be mirrored game which adds time too, also different situations could happen in real life of adult people, and there is really high probability that something happen in a game which depend on 6 or even 8 people, and this will either ruin game (because you will have to skip player) or will delay game for long-long time. That's why there not that many team tournaments or they are not finished. If you know how to solve this problem, then I would really like to hear this.
Bug Reports » Random game creation bugs » Go to message
This is no bug. Its how its supposed to work

That's the favorite excuse of all developers all over the world It works as it was implemented, but it is still not supposed to work this way and it is a bug
Technical Support Questions » autostart of rating games » Go to message
Seems like there is some bug, maybe it is somehow connected with recent updates.

I'm available to 5 random games since this feature appeared, and today I've got 3 additional games which weren't requested (now I have 8 of them instead of 5). Please fix this
New Feature Request » "Current games" Option in game menu. » Go to message
If you don't use certain menu options, it doesn't automatically mean that no one uses it and that it can be removed easily.
Tournaments » The Snowy top » Go to message
luis91, Thanks for update.
wow, that was fast I've reposted those results on runiwar.ru, they will be in tournament table soon. Now you will have to wait until others finish their games before you will get your next opponent.
One update,
results should inlcude your opponent name, who won and how long did it take to win, also races and maybe which game it was (1,2,3 or 4th based on invitation order) would be also nice to see, something like this:

luis91 blue sap vs StylePro red titan, game 2
luis91 wins in 143 rounds

You or your opponent (probably it is more pleasure for game winner to do it ) should post it either here or on runiwar.ru
Including number of rounds (that's why it is adviced not surrender and play till both bases are lost).

System is not that straight-forward. It is something like 2 rounds of Swiss system.

For winning each game you will get 1 point, for losing - 0 points. In case of 2-2 each of you will get two points and some additional statistics like number of rounds which took you to win/lose.
Then all participants (not only you and your opponent) will be sorted by points and in case of equal points by round difference. Then you will get next opponent based on your results, so if you won 4-0 you will get some strong player in the second round, if you lost 0-4 then you will get a weak one. Then statistics from two rounds will be accumulated and best 16 will proceed to the next round.
Forum Index Profile for cytivrat »» Messages posted by cytivrat