[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: cmbaptist
Forum Index Profile for cmbaptist »» Messages posted by cmbaptist
General Discussion » The art of bidding » Go to message
I also would agree with those implements, But more importantly "ski" you gotta give that guy at least 5 points for the fine use of the term bellicose rhetoric.
@The Dragon: Also the points you bring up could be solved in 1 of 2 ways. A handicap button could be placed in the bidding process that would allow one bidder to bid higher than the other in order to allow for things such as 2:1.

But the easy thing would be to just have the default of a minimum 5 point bid on a disputed bid cycle.
Yes. Disputed bid cycles would always conclude with 5 points as the wager. Regardless of how many points were on the table, to ensure that an uneasy player wouldn't be forced to lose a substantial amount of points. Where as current system gives players no option. What Duaneski suggests as far as having this apply to 2000+ players would not be a bad idea, or a simple tutorial added to campaign mode would help mitigate any issues for newcomers. Not to mention we have a VERY helpful community that seems to always be more that ready to help moderators with questions from from new players.
What would happen with the current system? You would stand to lose a heck of a lot more than 5 points. The whole idea in random games unless I'm wrong is to overcome what are sometimes less than great conditions... The only difference would be is that you wouldn't have to risk a great deal of points where as current system gives you no say. So in the scenario you have given, the conservative thing to do would be to go through the two bidding rounds with minimum bid of 5 points (which would be the default for a disputed bid cycle anyway or anty of you will) then just play the game with little to lose but still enough to make you " try ". Make sense
Well the 5 point minimum bid would still be better than current system and as minute as it would be, would still give you something worth playing. If all you want to risk is a point. I'd say just play a bot.
Hello Uniwarriors!

I've been rolling around this idea for a while now and I am under the great impression that this would be a major help to the unbalanced map factor,as well as solve a few other issues encountered at the top tier of play.
I'll begin...

Let me introduce you to a new method of acquiring points which would allow players to put they're proverbial " money where they're mouth is, "and that system is bidding.
I propose that at the start of every match in random ranked there be 2 turns per player of bidding. Here's how it would work.
Both players would get to view the map as well as the race they were playing with, like normal. So all could be taken into account for the bidding process to begin between the two players. ( Like I said, this would only last for 2 rounds ) at the end of the 2 rounds if no agreement could me made among the 2 players, then a minimum bid of 5 points would be placed on the match. I propose a max bid of 25 points be allowed in this method of play.

This would solve a couple problems were all griping about.

1. Unfair/ unbalanced maps

If you don't like the race/ map combo you drew for that match, bid low.... On the other hand if same scenario happens and your facing someone you think you can beat, bid high. But then again this puts a "poker element" into it which again, for my strategy loving Uni brothers and sisters should fall as well received.

2. I would love to see how this would shake things up at the top.

I've seen many times in chat on multiple occasions, top players complaining about the scoring system greatly favoring the lower scored players and that there are not enough 2600+ players to make current point system fair.

I agree with them.

With the bidding system, both players would have agreed to what's at stake before the match ever starts.

I think this would be a very satisfying method for all parties who have the grit to compete in RR games.

General Discussion » Great disrespect calls for even greater tolerance. » Go to message
No one gets the last word on my thread but me. %ITLER was never my main concern to begin with, so why he keeps coming up is beyond me. Jade hawk felt he should reopen this topic/debate so I await his response. Apercent I love ya buddy but if your not gonna add to discussion... Don't shush me plz.

General Discussion » Great disrespect calls for even greater tolerance. » Go to message
It seems to me hawk that you have a narrow perspective when it comes to such things. I get that people have surnames and so on and so forth yada yada yada. But just because you don't single someone out does not mean people are going to tolerate your diarrhea of the mouth. I most certainly will not! As for this topic of discussion... It was dead ... Move on....
General Discussion » The UniCommandments » Go to message
"Thou shalt say thank-you when thine opponet waits for thee in battle"
New Feature Request » Uniwar Race Skins » Go to message
Obviously..... I was only using well knowns for a visualization factor if that makes sense.
I'm talking more than color schemes

SAPS
TITANS
KHRALEANS

Are your given races upon download as usual, now I propose an alternate variation of each race. Or same race but different appearance/color scheme that could be purchased individually per unit, or as a bundle package.

Now I also propose entirely new races, ( I know this not an entirely new idea) that could be purchased for each stat group, this would have to be a bundle purchase only. And I'll use similes everyone can relate to for clarity.

Stat groups

Humanoid race
Saps/Romulan/Klingon

Robotic race
Titans/Borg/Terminators

Parasitic race
Khraleans/ ? Need ideas ?

I know my examples are probably corny/cliche but it's just to get my thought across. I think using new races as skins would give UniWar a new flavor and source of income without disturbing current balance.

I also think this would be a feature worth a few unicoins myself, but why go backwards in time with the skins. I'd like to see something like this....
Each race variation would attain the current stats in order to not get too swept away in game balance. I'd also like to see each race with alternate appearances as well as entirely new race variation for said race. In other words the saps would have multiple skins that would not be playable by other races and so on.
General Discussion » only paid undo will work soon » Go to message
If you like the game and foresee yourself playing for years to come as I do, just support the game by buying some coins...
General Discussion » only paid undo will work soon » Go to message
That's an easy stance to take apercent.... In that you yourself have not purchased any unicoins.
Forum Index Profile for cmbaptist »» Messages posted by cmbaptist