[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: 5200
Forum Index Profile for 5200 »» Messages posted by 5200
Bug Reports » buried underlings under enemy's army » Go to message
There seems to be a bug where sometimes the game won't let you move under a unit. I think it's after you move another underling first, and/or may have something to do with canceling a move as well. It may also have to do with moving under heavy units, perhaps something to do with losing 1 health point for doing so?

Whatever it is I do notice it frequently and the only option seems to be quitting to the main menu and joining the game again. Then you can make the move. It's definitely a bug though.
New Feature Request » Three ideas I had... » Go to message
I was thinking about the UV and you're right, it could really be improved. Titans are just pretty weak right now. If they can set up a solid wall with a walker or two, great, or if they can spam mechas on an exploit map, great too, but when it comes to straight-up battles they're strangely the weakest race.

So what if the UV took did one point of damage to all as now, but also lowered attack, defense and movement for all enemy units for one turn as well? That could be a good tactical advantage on par with the plague and EMP (and it would be temporary, but could stack with multiple assimilators, so you could really weaken them temporarily for one turn)
New Feature Request » *ONE* titan unit that can resist EMP » Go to message
... Please! I like the EMP, but it can really be unbalancing, especially on small maps. What if one Titan unit (say, the Speeder, which is underused right now anyway) was able to resist it? Or, Mechas, so EMP only affected vehicles, and Mechas teleporting into Sapien territory would be more of a threat (and not an instant capture?)
Guides & Tips » unfair advantage for second player? » Go to message
One player or the other has a big advantage on a lot of maps. The first player on Montevideo or Desolate for example can completely dominate the game. That's why I think the 1st/2nd player slots should always be randomized.

However, I'd also say that Titans are slower to capture their first bases on many maps, not just this one, and Khraleans can capture first bases faster than even sapiens on other maps. That's intentional, Titans are meant to be slow (but powerful), Khraeleans to be quick but weak and disposable.
New Feature Request » Penalize players that drop out immediately » Go to message
I think it should be after each makes their first move myself.

There's too many good reasons for dropping someone before the game starts (like it's a random matchup you don't want, the same person joins multiple games you set up, you have a bad experience with them before, etc.)

I could come up with more, all valid. It's an annoyance when someone drops out but it's a lot better that they do it at the beginning than disappearing altogether when you're 10 rounds in.

If you ask me the big problem is people joining games then disappearing and never making a move. A lot of people try the game out and then disappear, that's way, way more annoying than someone dropping out right away, and there's nothing you can do about that.
New Feature Request » Three ideas I had... » Go to message
Marines are great, actually. They have good offense and can attack flying units so they're murder on Khraleans. They're pretty mobile so they can really slow down titans. And don't underestimate the value of cannon fodder.

They're actually the most useful in direct combat, I think, of the three races. Underlings are too fragile and can't attack air units (but they're murder when resurfacing.) Mechas are strong but not mobile at all and are easy to grab with engineers-- they're the easiest of the three to capture, since they can't get away easily and they can be disabled with EMP.

Swarmers are a little weak-- I wish they were 200 instead of 250-- but they're great units when they, well, swarm to get the gang-up bonus. One-on-one they kind of suck, but a bunch of them can really turn the tide in a battle. I do with they were a little more disposable though.

Don't forget they can attack a unit 2 hexes away so they can completely bypass a 1-layer wall to hit a healing unit or walker/battery behind a tank, or attack a unit blocked by impassable terrain. You just have to know how to use them.

The sapien battery is basically fine, I think, as well. It's not a popular unit but I don't think it's meant to be.
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message
Great, thanks. $10 definitely isn't worth it for what iPod touch users get in return, from what I can see.
General Discussion » Attack calculations » Go to message
I agree. If you want a higher ranking you can just challenge yourself on several accounts over and over. If that's how you want to spend hours and hours of your life. It means nothing. I prefer my ranking to be low actually because people expect less of me and it's easier to execute a sneaky trick or two. But if your rank is high it's really easy to lose it anyway since someone of much lower rank gets a lot more of your score if they win than you do theirs.

But most important.. We're all just random aliases on a marginal game (sorry, love the game but it's not Halo!). Who really gives a &^# who's at the top ranking? Try bragging about that to your friends and family and see what they say.
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message
Will updating to the new iphone os be mandatory to keep playing? Because i don't plan to any time soon (and many ipod touch users may feel the same way, or at least be putting it off as long as possible, since they have to pay $10)
New Feature Request » improving "start random game" » Go to message
"Start random game" has been useless for me since I could just as easily go find the same game on the server list, and because so many games are set up to totally favor the guy who set them up.

So what if instead of "start random game" sending you to a random game someone else set up, what if it put you in a pool that matched you in a truly random game with someone else of your skill level (who would also have joined the pool)

So you wouldn't know which map you'll be playing, what race you'll play or who goes first. Only that you'll be randomly matched against someone within 100 or 200 points of your skill level, who will be randomly matched as well.

I'd be playing this all day if it were that way..
General Discussion » How you start your games » Go to message
1 day games are the best for me. 3 is way too long and 12 hour is too short. But i have a ipod touch not a phone and can't guarantee i'll have wireless access every 12 hours or time to play if I do. 1 day does seem long but most people don't wait that long every time to make a move, that's only the maximum down time you get.
General Discussion » Helicopter change » Go to message
Helicopters mixed with infantry is still really powerful vs khraleans, especially considering infantry can do a lot of damage to air units. It's just more of a fair fight now. No the sapiens tanks and batteries aren't good vs kharaleans but they're not supposed to be.

Also for those saying they didn't like how the change was handled... I don't know what you guys really expect but this is a 99 cent game, or maybe 2.99 if you bought it at the wrong time, and there's not exactly a huge community and I don't think the developer is a big company either. Lower your expectations of what you want from them as far as notice about updates and stuff goes. They're doing a great job and made a great game but it's not like they're Blizzard and this is Starcraft.
Forum Index Profile for 5200 »» Messages posted by 5200