[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Xenai
Forum Index Profile for Xenai »» Messages posted by Xenai
Khraleans » Beating Sapiens » Go to message
Your statement that there are no prominent khral players seems strange, since there are many in the top 100. If in some way they didn't get there legitimately, I've played at least 1 khral ranked over 2300 myself. Pinzers are quite effective as a meatshield for your Wyrm, and as an anti-marine later on, particularly on Piriapolis. Infectors are also very good on closer maps like Jungle. If we must bring rank into this, I'm 2075 as a sap player who recently switched to Khrals (on the same account).
New Feature Request » A vague ramble about things I find annoying xD. » Go to message
I think it's worth noting that an infector cost decrease of 50 may be much more significant than it seems on the surface, as it will reduce the number of terms required to get a garuda/infector combination out from 4 to 3 on 2 base maps and 3 to 2 on 3 base maps, and will also make that combination available from the second round for red on certain maps.
New Feature Request » Stats » Go to message
It'd be nice to have some more stats on each player, though obviously not a terribly important change I think it would help to improve the (admittedly already impressive) online system, which I think is the biggest selling point of the game. Some suggestions:

-Race Specific Stats: It would be interesting to compare how multi-race players stats compare between races. It would also give credit to those players who get good with 2 or 3 races instead of just the 1.
-Average Rank of Opponent: This would be a nice one to have since it's difficult to tell whether someone has an impressive record only because he goes around bashing beginners, or whether he actually earned it.
-Win %: Yes I know you can do the math yourself off win/loss, but it would still be nice to have the exact easily available.
-Record Last 10 Games: Just to track how well you/another player has been doing recently.
Khraleans » Beating Sapiens » Go to message
Nice stuff in general, but I somewhat disagree with the point about not building Pinzers, I find them very useful as a meatshield because saps don't really have anything that can take them down in anything like good time.
Sapiens » Beating Titans » Go to message
Alright, thanks for the help.
I just can't seem to beat titans on dead monk. Plasma/Speeder combos break a cheap meatshield and you won't have enough batteries out to counter his first walker if you put a tank at the choke. Or at least that's my experience, I don't know if you've got any tips? I tried the single battery rush but the better players just retreat until you over-extend or they have enough tanks+speeders to break through before you can do much damage with your batteries.
Sapiens » Single Helicopter Push - Dead Monk » Go to message
What do you against a wyrm rush? First unit is a wyrm, then underling meatshield, garuda, infector to heal.
Whats the most effective counter for a fast walker protected by a meatshield of mechas?
Titans is definitely my most difficult match as saps, thanks for the pointers. I've been using tank/engi walls but they often get overwhelmed as you mentioned, so I'll give the marine/marauder/battery strat a try.
Forum Index Profile for Xenai »» Messages posted by Xenai