[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: join wang
Forum Index Profile for join wang »» Messages posted by join wang
Bug Reports » Map Editor Bug (FIXED) » Go to message
  SCV wrote:I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but whenever you select a tile in the map editor, your view centers on the middle of the map, making it difficult to access the edges of a larger map.

Wait I thought they fixed that bug a couple months back.
New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
also look up above and read what i said. how do you like my ideas other than the things the other person pointed out and has not responded to my last question?

I looked and they seemed fine I just don't like how there are two spiders I think you should have one of them modeled after a different animal. Don't get me wrong but I just don't want someone to mistaken one for the other especially if they don't have infinite undos.
User Generated Maps » Collection of Solid Capture the Flag Maps » Go to message
  copeab wrote:My MadDash map has been rated a couple of times, but suffers from the current limitations of CTF maps.

[link://1,38704,MadDash3,0,2]

How do you see what the rating for your map is?
What's New in the Latest Updates » Server update 9.6 - REWARD SYSTEM is LIVE » Go to message
  Lunatyk wrote:
  join wang wrote:
  Lunatyk wrote:Hi Xavi
Isn't the daily cap of 10 uni-coins too small?
I think that 15 or 20 would be better

Don't complain xavi doesn't have to give out free unicoins doing this is the equivalent of him spending money to buy us unicoins. SO DON'T COMPLAIN WHEN U GET SOMETHING FOR FREE!

Hi,
I didn't complain about it, and I never said that Xavi have to give them. I just stated my opinion... Please, there is no need to start attacking other people

Sorry if I over reacted I'm just tired of people complain about not getting enough free things, and other things of the sort.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Server update 9.6 - REWARD SYSTEM is LIVE » Go to message
  Lunatyk wrote:Hi Xavi
Isn't the daily cap of 10 uni-coins too small?
I think that 15 or 20 would be better

Don't complain xavi doesn't have to give out free unicoins doing this is the equivalent of him spending money to buy us unicoins. SO DON'T COMPLAIN WHEN U GET SOMETHING FOR FREE!
  LkASr wrote:
  join wang wrote:How does anyone feel about a worm that can move and then unburrow to attack in the same turn. This unit would deal less damage against heavies than underling but more against infantry. I feel like they should add this because it would allow burrowing to be more useful for surprise attacks as I can never pull one off as kharldeans as everyone is just stepping on my poor underlings who are then never able to resurface unless they are far from the battle.

or maybe turn it into a nydus worm, basically bury and it connects from where you buried it first to where you can unburrow it, basically a biological transporter to where you can send your ground units instantly and attack on its own as well, but not very strong

I never heard of a nydus worm before so I did some quick research and it lead me to believe that unless it has a strong close range attack wouldn't most players just quickly destroy it unless I just happen to have a bunch of pinzers to send in right away? Also wouldn't this require a lot of work from xavi programming in this completely new ability?
How does anyone feel about a worm that can move and then unburrow to attack in the same turn. This unit would deal less damage against heavies than underling but more against infantry. I feel like they should add this because it would allow burrowing to be more useful for surprise attacks as I can never pull one off as kharldeans as everyone is just stepping on my poor underlings who are then never able to resurface unless they are far from the battle.
I was going through the old tournaments when I saw one that mentioned something about mind snakes. The little bit of text also seem to suggest that they can control sapiens and titans do you guys think this would be a new unit?
Heres the link: http://www.uniwar.com/tournament.page?tournament=sneakysnakes
General Discussion » New Units and why IAP can/will be a bad idea!... » Go to message
I was going through the old tournaments when I saw one that mentioned something about mind snakes. The little bit of text also seem to suggest that they can control sapiens and titans do you guys think this would be a new unit?
Heres the link: http://www.uniwar.com/tournament.page?tournament=sneakysnakes
New Feature Request » 18 New units are coming... » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:Okay consider the terraform units I suggested. Can you imagine a way any of these would break a map? And mind you that's a very 'off the top of my head' idea.

I can't see them breaking any maps. At worst the Khral one maybe. But the cost of those could go to 300 and then i feel confident it would be fine.

So yes we can't just make a 50 cost unit that can build mountains every turn, but I don't think that's the idea at all.

If you guys have specific worries I would love to hear them though. So please provide some specific scenarios if you would ...

Much love

GravitySE because I feel that the defining feature of the map is the mountains keeping the players apart to remove would ... well you get the idea.
New Feature Request » 18 New units are coming... » Go to message
  xavi wrote:Yes, 18... You read well! 6 per race, multiplied by 3 races. Is that enough for you ?
The creation process of the new units has started. I will release more info along the next days. Here is the beginning:

1. Units of Mass destruction
Goal: to break defense walls with AOE. These units are the most powerful and destructive units in the game. They will be expensive and one time use with a very long cool down.

2. Tank buster units
Goal: to inflict high damage to heavy ground units from ranged attacks

3. Amphibian units
Goal: to increase diversity in naval fights and favor skirmish from ranged attacks. Amphibians are versatile units that can go on land and in water.

4. Cheap under water units
Goal: to counter heavy aquatic units.

5. Anti aerial unit
Goal: to counter standoff aerial fights.

6. Terrain mutator units.
Goal: to transform terrain.

Thank you xavi finally we can have interesting naval battles. But are you sure about terrain mutations sounds a bit overpowered and tricky to balance.
New Feature Request » Proposal: Make buried underlings visible to the enemy » Go to message
  japhib wrote:I don't like not being able to see buried underlings. They are already quite powerful, since you can't attack them when they are buried, and they can move past the enemy line of defense without any trouble at all. GH's do a little bit of damage but even that is negligible (1 damage per turn to an underling with 10 health? Not a big change .... And GH's are nowhere near as cheap as underlings, so trying to damage them this way is VERY cost-inefficient.) PLUS, whatever 1 or 2 points of damage you do manage to do to the underling before it pops up again are pretty meaningless considering the bonus attack it gets when unburying.

I'm only around 1950, so not a super high level player or anything. So maybe it's different for the top players. But at my level, it's already hard enough to protect your batteries/walkers from buried underlings in a siege situation, and making them only revealed at the end of the turn basically means there's no hope at all for combatting them. On low- and medium-income maps, it's already hard enough to get a tank line AND a walker so you can do some damage as Titans, and basically with the underlings' bury ability, you have to spend even more of your money spamming mechas just to stand on them.

I'm not saying underlings or the bury ability need a nerf, I just think that not being able to detect them with undo's is a HUGE unnecessary buff.

I understand were you are coming from but I just don't like the feeling of constantly undoing my moves to detect underlings. The feeling I get from it is like I am cheating and it kind of takes away from my enjoyment of the game. Furthermore I tend to play on larger maps and it gets extremely annoying at that point as once an underling is detected by that method it gets nothing done as there is almost always a unit that can keep up with so if the opponent is even a bit cautious they will keep something on top of it this I find extremely annoying as the only way I am able to even unbury the underling is by retreating it behind my lines or moving it to a spot so removed from the battle that the opponent just stops caring. Furthermore it becomes difficult to launch ambushes using them as the moment a unit with low health moves next to them the opponent would most likely just undo their move and move the unit elsewhere .
New Feature Request » Proposal: Make buried underlings visible to the enemy » Go to message
  Angkor wrote:Agree, it's a waste of time. But let me suggest that only titan player should see burried unders. Simply 'cause: (1) it would be more fun in team games (2) it's not always perfectly possible to detect where unders stand (3) let's have this little advantage over players who aren't aware how to detect yet ;P (4) sap vs khral and khral vs khral games have very little of those, so it's not annoying in that cases. (5) titans have overwhelming ultrasound detection technology duh!

I think also this is a bad idea to let only healing units the detection feature, as well as any other, because it would a little break balance and force to choose between building perfect unit or having more fun and less minesweeper stuff nobody likes.

What you guys think?

I like this idea but what would be in place to prevent them from constantly undoing until they find all the underlings can we make it so that only underlings next to titans are revealed when you end your turn. This would allow some degree of stealth for the underlings.
P.S so glad to see this conversation revived.
I know I'm REALLY late to the conversation but can't you make it so that underlings next to your units appear only when you end your turn that way you can't undo your moves and you don't have to play minesweeper. This is also good for khaldeans as it keeps the "invisible" aspect of underlings.
Forum Index Profile for join wang »» Messages posted by join wang