[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The Beach Wars: rules and registration
Forum Index » Tournaments
[Avatar]
Your Turn

[Avatar]
Your Turn

OK thanks for the info, Talone. We'll be patient as always
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Dear friends!
I hope that the tournament "Beach Wars" will continue very soon. Be ready!

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Friends!
The third round started!
Deadline of the round - 10 October

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26, 2014 02:47

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

4 games with Ivanavich all sitting at 0:00 on their turn. Inactive player for over 32 days. Don't want to skip/remove but worried I'll have to...

Heads up if anyone knows Ivanavich and can ask them to log in. Thank you.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Mantis Lord 4-0 vs Ivanavich, who never showed up.

[Avatar]
Your Turn

[Avatar]
Your Turn

Yesterday I opened UW and found out, the new round has started. My opponent Pipka has removed me from both mirror games, so only two games are available. He didn't accept my new invites to replace the mirrors and he doesn't respond to my text. What will happen now?

Personally I think it's insulting, that he would either consider removing me. The tournament is progressing very slow, so one should at least give his opponent some time to figure out the next round has started. The fact, that he deliberately kicks me from two games as soon as he got the chance, makes me wonder how he got his 4k+ score. If he is really that good, why not beat me fair and square? Then I looked at his friend list, which cleared things up.. The 'preferred by' part is filled with a huge number of anonymous players. You do the math.

I will not continue with the two current games, untill my question is answered. If this means he'll skip and remove me from the other two games too, so be it. Either we play four games or we play none at all. And so it happened (update): he didn't respond to chat, skipped me in the two other games, so I surrendered in the 2nd round. Have a nice life.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16, 2014 08:06

[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Your Turn wrote: Yesterday I opened UW and found out, the new round has started. My opponent Pipka has removed me from both mirror games, so only two games are available. He didn't accept my new invites to replace the mirrors and he doesn't respond to my text. What will happen now?

Personally I think it's insulting, that he would either consider removing me. The tournament is progressing very slow, so one should at least give his opponent some time to figure out the next round has started. The fact, that he deliberately kicks me from two games as soon as he got the chance, makes me wonder how he got his 4k+ score. If he is really that good, why not beat me fair and square? Then I looked at his friend list, which cleared things up.. The 'preferred by' part is filled with a huge number of anonymous players. You do the math.

I will not continue with the two current games, untill my question is answered. If this means he'll skip and remove me from the other two games too, so be it. Either we play four games or we play none at all. And so it happened (update): he didn't respond to chat, skipped me in the two other games, so I surrendered in the 2nd round. Have a nice life.

All this is not good. But Pipka not violated the rules. And the moral aspects player decides for itself its own.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

But he should start the other two games. If he does not, he will be disqualified.

Date of completion of this round - 27 October

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16, 2014 08:24

[WWW]
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

Your Turn wrote: Yesterday I opened UW and found out, the new round has started. My opponent Pipka has removed me from both mirror games, so only two games are available.

Sorry man, but these are the rules - time limit 24h. It's on his conscience. Personally, I would never do, but he do it.

Also, Pipka can`t remove these two games, all games create automatically - look into archive games, maybe Pipka was kicked you in this two games.
[Avatar]
Your Turn

[Avatar]
Your Turn

@fobos_rus: Yep, he kicked me from those and skipped me in the other two. He never replied to my text either. Anyway too bad we didn't meet in two rounds, that would have been challenging.

@all: In that case you can donate the four wins to our Russian friend and stick them, where the sun doesn't shine. It's been 3 months since the start of this tournament. I've beaten 3 opponents during that period. Yes, that equals 1 opponent each month. Still you expect me to login every DAY? Perhaps this makes sense to most players, but I only play tournaments. Regular matches are simply boring due to overly defensive gameplay. Nowhere on this forum was an announcement for the next round and I instantly started UW, when my red notification label showed new games. And for the record: I did login almost every day to check if the tournament was progressing.

Hiding behind the rules is a choice. So are skipping and kicking. So is using multiple accounts to reset your actions. So is carefully selecting noob opponents to grow a 4k+ score. These are not my choices though. My choice is to simply delete UW from my iPhone and stick with doing things I enjoy. Don't mistake this for rage quitting, cause I considered it properly. And I'm fully aware nobody will cry over me leaving, neither will I. Best of luck to most of you and much wisdom to others.
dalli

dalli

Hello! My opponent is not the first time late. I don't want to skip and kick him, I can win without it. But I don't want to be disqualified with him and I ask you to consider this, if we fail to finish on time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19, 2014 23:52

[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

dalli wrote: Hello! My opponent is not the first time late. I don't want to skip and kick him, I can win without it. But I don't want to be disqualified with him and I ask you to consider this, if we fail to finish on time.

Yes, skip - bad variant
Well, we consider your remark

[WWW]
dalli

dalli

Olegko-by, sorry, but it's time to skip!

I have a big advantage in two games and an equal chance in the other two, so that doesn't matter, I'll skip or we'll play.
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Zergjah advances to next round, winning 3 games to 1, after skipping me this morning in 3 games when the turn clock changed from 24 hours to 12 hours while I was sleeping.

They were very close matches. Good games, good luck next round!

sdrawde

sdrawde

Enjoyable and tough games with HustlerOne.

I have won 2 games, in 13 and 15 rounds, the other games are beyond this number of rounds so a comeback is impossible, so whilst we continue to battle the last 2 interesting games and scoreline will likely get closer, for the tournament the result is known.
Forum Index » Tournaments