[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UniWar 2 Suggestions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

That will definitely happen.
poison

poison

After playing a couple games the other day i just came across some ideas in my head.

Now im not gonna complain or whine if someone rejects or critics my idea, just please if u do so give feedback as y and possibly ways to make it better.

Heres some new units i thought of:
-Sapiens
--Sniper - A unit that gets an attack bonus when attacking from afar, can only attack from 2-3 spaces. I.E. when attacking 2 spaces a +1 bonus and when attacking 3 spaces a +2 bonus. This would be a light unit. i was thinking for stats something like 7ground light, 4aerial, 4heavy, 3aquatic, 6movement, 5defense.
--Stealth Bomber - High movement/attack but low defense. Like 11movement, 12ground light, 9ground heavy, 0aerial(cant shoot bombs in the air), 9aquatic, 3or4defense.
--Demolitionist - light unit with good ground heavy attack. 6movement, 2ground light, 8ground heavy, 0aerial, 8aquatic, 3defense.

-Kraleans
--(ins ert name), a light unit that can spray an aerial unit, bringing it to the ground for 2 turns allowing other units to attack it. When surfaced the aerial unit will be considered a ground heavy unit. 9movement, 3ground light, 3ground heavy, 2aerial, 3aquatic, 4defense, and attack range will be 1-3.
--Stranticle - a ground heavy unit that can hit multiple units in a circular range up to a 2 tile circle. 8ground light, 10ground heavy, 2aerial, 9aquatic, 6movement, 11defense.
--Bio Suicider - A unit who attacks by blowing himself up. These units are very handy as it not only damages enemy units but ranks up any nearby khralean units by 2 from its bioplasm. 5movement, 8ground light, 6ground heavy, 4aerial, 6aquatic, 2defense.

-Titans
--lightn ing trooper - a ground light unit with an electrical shock. 1-2range, 9ground light, 5ground heavy, 4aerial, 8aquatic, 3defense 6movement
--Static Tank - a ground heavy unit with good defense and recoil ability. 1range, 9ground light, 9ground heavy, 4aerial, 9aquatic, 10defense, 5movement. Any unit attacking this unit will be hit with 1-2 recoil damage. any hit above 4 results in 2damage recoil.
--Aura machine - a ground heavy unit that gives nearby friendly units a +2attack. 8movement, 0ground light, 0ground heavy, 0aerial, 0aquatic, 8def.

These are just what come to mind, ill update these if i think of more.

-Also i would like to see a terrain affect for air units. i.e. fog which reduces atk and def by 2.
poison

poison

-continued

-also with the new units, you can only bring 6(7 with aquatic) units to battle but u choose the 6(7) to bring.
-another aspect could be nuetral units, units that all races can use but shouldn't be more useful than that of your race. i.e. a unit that can capture bases, and a flying unit(thinking of titans), and some others.

-well these are my ideas for now, hope you like them, and please give me feedback on them, whether it is good or bad feedback dont matter, i just want to know what the community feels should fit with this game

-Poison
greenfaced

greenfaced

Maybe an option to boobytrap spaces... sapiens could have buried mortars that hit a flying unit passing over, titans have landmines that trigger when ground heavy units cover, and kraleans dig trapholes that stop a ground unit that passes over or lands on and disables for a round like the emp as it tries to dig or tow out. To keep from overuse of the feature you can have the medics in each unit have the power, or give them a cost on their own to build.

Also was reading about tournaments being set up which is a nice idea and could be implemented in the sequel. A section to setup different themed tournaments or certain maps to play on. Maybe even a league where trophies are issued and kept track of in your profile. Some you could buy in with rating points and those points are divided between 1st 2nd and 3rd place. There are a lot of people that play on the same team over and over... a team tournament would be fun to see how well your team really plays.

A lot of games are over in the very first few rounds when an advantage is taken over. The idea suggested earlier of having set income instead of income based on bases could be interesting, even if it is just an option when setting up games. This would allow a player who made an early mistake to have a chance to get back in the game and have a chance to win. It would decrease the early surrender.
nobody774

nobody774

The "Fog of War" in UniWar is too thin to hide strategic movement on both side. If the game shows less information behind the front line, the strategic interest of the game will be increased. We will need to take care more on recon, surprise attack, reserve forces, etc.

There are some idea to increase the "Fog" of war:
* Just shorten the range of view of each unit
* Enemy ZOC shortens the range of view, but long range unit reveals its position when it fires
* The range of view may be shortened by terrain

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

* Just shorten the range of view of each unit

I'd do that only that if no other options pleases me, as this one doesn't either but seems the most reasonable

* Enemy ZOC shortens the range of view, but long range unit reveals its position when it fires

Against the shortening of the range view with ZOC, you're not controlling 900 meters high units that prevents you from seeing whats behind or what they're sitting on...
For the revealing long range fire, i can't remember if that was in advance wars or not, but seems like a good idea.

* The range of view may be shortened by terrain

If it applies only to ground units and for example works only with forests and mountains, yeah why not.

I would suggest more terrain types for the water, for example reefs or troubled water to add strategical choices for the naval war map for example, because right now as sapiens mass spamming destroyers powns everything, poor khraleans can't repel such a powerful force and I have yet to see a titan player give me a good whopping on that map recently (of course I got one as I started...)

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
fonix232

fonix232

Some little ideas if you don't mind:

- more buildings (capturing points will cause a building selection menu pop up, where you can choose to build a standard base, an armory (heavy units, air units, or over water water units), a farm (more points, no defense, no unit building) or a defense turret (no points, hard to capture (more turns needed), very powerful)
- a proper research system. People can spend money on researching technologies, what can be applied on units later. Researches can also unlock new units, weapons, buildings, or special weapons
- a global weapon. This would need many researches, and a few turns (5-10) to load. After loading, the player can fire it. If fired, it destroys all enemy units and buildings on the map, except the main base.
- some rechargeable specials , like healing, or scanner (looking through FoW for a limited time). Of course they aren't global, affects only a small territory.
- researching enemy units. This is gobal-global, so if you research a given unit, it will be added to the profile after the match ends. This way more researches are available (weapon-specific, like flamethrower or acid-thrower against bugs, and Virus against the Titans).
- Selectable weapons. Every unit after completed shows a popup, where the player can choose between a few pre-set weapon set, or create it's own.
- Built-in updater for fast updates
- A proper chat system, separate in-game chat, chat with friends, and so on
- Possibility to play through Bluetooth
- Hero units. These are extremely powerful, costs a lot of money, and can be customized
- Global researches. Just like normal researches, but added to the player profile. With these, the hero unit can be customized.
- A global map. All the player's gets a field on it (can be sat up, like it is a hill or a desert and so on), and all fields are separate maps. All player home maps can be customized (to a logical limit of course)
- A global money system. This does not affect the in-match money (so it can not be added to it) but with every match the player can win or lose from this. Also, home modification and personalization items, global researches, home expansions, and many other things are bought from this. Also $ can be exchanged to this in-game money (like 10$ is 10k money) and can be transferred between players (so I can give some cash to my friends). Also this adds more risk to the games, as with it you will not just lose rank, but money too.

More coming in next post
fonix232

fonix232

Continuing from the post before:
- Championships. The players match their hero (based on a level system) and the final winner gets some cash. Of course players have to pay in some, but the prize can be even 1000x huge.
- Clans. Even the Titans has clans, and they fight for the control of the nation. The nation leader can be chosen (sapiens), or the biggest clan (bugs) or the most improved (titans). The clan leader can call the members into fight, and the nation leader clan can call into global battle all clans.
- Special events. If the user is logged in and playing at the given time, for an hour a popup appears, and tells the player if he clicks ok, then he gets some cash/technology/units/points/e tcetera.
- Some GUI improvements.
- Bigger maps
- Custom made maps can be installed and used separately (no need for the uniwar.com check). These are automatically downloaded to the user, and after it ca be used.
- Custom graphics. The player should be able to modify the graphics of the game, like the tiles, the GUI elements, or even unit graphics
- Clicking on the money tab should show a summary of incomes, like a graph of incomes pro turn, or the incomes of separate buildings. Also a nice unit/building summary would be nice.
- In-game map editor.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

What I'll say about this:

-Not a bad idea, except for the turret, we don't need those
-NO! For crying out loud! It's a TBS not a RTS! All the great TBS games I know of don't have this research crap, only the RTS does, and I don't want them to turn that game into RTS!
-I'm not sure what to think about that...
-We already have specials like you say, we could get more but depends what it is...
-What the hell is this for?!?
-Utterly useless and unbalances the game a great deal. You're better off making other units.
-Why not, but that's up to Apple with their Appstore
-Yes! I fully support that idea! Add with some moderation against spammers and we're done!
-That also could be a nice feature
-Again, hundred times NO! Like I said above, this is a TBS for crying out loud!! Stop trying to make it a RTS!
-Nope, see above
-What the fuck? Who would want that? That's not Sony's home or any of that crap, go get animal crossing if you want that feature...
-Meh I don't really support this, why money? Why not give it for free?
-That's ridiculous, now we get RPG elements... Did I mention it's a TBS game?
-Clans, yes! Your idea, what? I'm not sure what you're trying to expose, but I support the idea of the game supporting clans.
-NO! I said enough already...
-Yes, excellent idea, and also less symetrical maps!
-Ah, the long waited map editor... I see no reason to oppose myself to this, I'd like to see new maps.
-Why?!? I really don't see the use to code such a stupid thing... Also I don't think uniwar is open-source...
-In-game you mean? I wouldn't have real use myself... Dunno about others though...
-Hmm when I was told about the map editor possibility, I thought of something made on the computer, making it directly on the device seems kinda difficult to do, so if they can okay but I'd prefer to have a full and properly working editor on the computer than a uncomplete and hard-to-use editor on the device itself.

To sum it up, you have some ideas, maybe too much. You are mixing all game types and tend to want to turn this into a social place where you have a "home" and some "money". No one has any use of this, some developpers tried it in the past, and the feature was enjoyed 3 days, after that it was just a burden to everyone. So you would be what I call a "casual gamer", okay play what you want, but don't dare transform one of my favourite games on the iPod into a casual gaming piece of crap, thanks you!

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
thethanx

thethanx

I would like to see some of the special abilities that already exist maybe used more often.
For example:
a sapien unit with teleport or a titan unit with bury.

Maybe a unit that can attack buried units?

I agree that untying income from base control might help make maps (especially ones like bases galore) would make games a little less inevitable once someone holds an advantage. HOWEVER

I think theres something to be said for the way the game is now, and I think it would be a nice OPTION to create games either way.

phishster

phishster

Submerged units-
Titan-submarine, range 2-4, can submerge/resurface, when submerged can attack only aquatic andreceives no retaliation from surface aquatic, can attack all surfaced. Sonar- increases aquatic vision from 4 to 7 and attack range to 5 for one turn. Strong against aquatic, ground heavy.
Sapien- minelayer, range 1-2 similiar to submarine. Releases submerged mine unseen by surface units, does decent damage and stops unit on that space. Aquatic units can detect similiar to buried ground units, submerged units simply see them, submarines must go around them, one turn cooldown. Not very powerful.
Krahlean-kraken, range 1, attack bonus +3 when resurfacing. High mobilty, can bypass mines but cannot stop on without taking damage. Constrict, can hold aquatic unit above it, dealing damage every turn and preventing mobility, when constricted unit or kraken are attacked, hold is released. Can attack ground light without surfacing. Strong against aquatic, ground units, cannot attack aerial.

Further tranformations-
Assimilator can turn infected marine into android, sacrifices assimilator. Android is a biomech in be general shape of a human, good attack/defense, can teleport and UV.
Engineer can turn cyberunderling into cyberengineer, uses engineer, new unit appears on Eng.'s area. Good attack/defense, heals by 3. Keeps EMP and reprogram ability, increased movement.
Kind of stuck on infector/mecha II. Comments

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08, 2010 20:31

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Oh wow you have GREAT ideas man. I'm not too fond for your version of aquatic units, but the idea seems great, submarines...
Also that sort of hyper engineer, GENIUS
No really don't have false modesty, i'd love to see that, and to use it! Seems damn hard to do so though, so it compensates it's power!

I really hope x-pressed listen to you man!

Wandering...
phishster

phishster

Thanks nicko.
Thought about infector, best I could come up with:
Mecha infector- good defense and movement, buries, can move well and have good vision underground. No attack, but can use biobomb, 1-3 range and deals plague/light damage. Can infect all adjacent marines and overtake enemy infected marines as well. Devour, leeches decent hp off enemy ground lights. Adjacent units receive +1 defense.
Spanone

Spanone

ipad?
deowulf

deowulf

More like advance wars. Seriously, apart from overpowered CO powers, that was an amazing series.

Suggestions:
Make bases have capture points, and make it so that weaker units get fewer capture points per turn, so weak units take longer than 2 turns to capture a base.

Make one base per player an HQ. The HQ gives units on it a defense boost, and is worth more credits per turn. Lose your HQ, lose the match.

Play all the games in the Advance Wars series. Seriously, I think they had great balance Especially the newest one. Learn from them and improve on them.

Give each unit ammo and fuel, and give each race a supply unit. When air units run out of fuel, they crash.

More variety in units, such as:
Fighter, good rmovement, strong VS air but nothing else.
Bomber, good vs ground but nothing else.
Transport heli, weak and vulnerable but can airlift tanks.
AA gun, strong vs air but weak vs all else.
Keep the current naval units as a "battleship" class, but take away their ability to attack air.
Aircraft carriers. Weak and nearly defenseless, but able to build and resuply air units.

Forum Index » New Feature Request