[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Race Idea: Pyreans, Masters of Land and Air
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think I found your race style....

No, my name isn't captain obvious, before you ask. Allow me to explain myself. Your races style is to do as much damage as possible.

You see, every unit here takes advantage of at least one attack stacking power (excluding the infantry). Burst fire and radient fire is especially good for this, because they both allow you to attack with more power than usual. Magma golems have extra gang up bonuses. Shifter and snakes are made with not getting hit back specifically in mind. This leads me back to my conclusion, your race's style is to do as much damage as possible.

Like I just said, all of the unit abilities stack up to do more and more damage. Literally every combination will do significant if not killing damage to an enemy unit as long as burst fire is used. And if that isn't enough, your units don't even have to heal! Slingers can shoot then health! Which allows them to kill even faster!

I rest my case.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 18, 2016 16:26

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

note: Radiant and Burst Fires only amplify 1 additional damage, not 2

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Rebalancing Information: Phoenix Rider, Blast Terror, and Slinger

Phoenix Rider:

- Pyrean Synergy's ability range is reduced from 2 -> 1

Blast Terror:

- Repair is reduced from +2 -> +1
- Vision is reduced from 4 -> 3
- Fixed rate if damage is reduced from 5 -> 4

Slinger:

- Attack vs Ground Light is reduced from 8 -> 7

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 00:43

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:note: Radiant and Burst Fires only amplify 1 additional damage, not 2

Yea, but the slinger does 1, and 1+1 is 2.

I thought that the old riders synergy range was good

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 02:11

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Let's take a look on Phoenix Rider's ability:

by tiles, it'll have a very high repair if in a very large group, it doesn't have a cap to it

1-tile: +6 repair max
2-tile: +18 repair max
3-tile: +36 repair max
4-tile: +60 repair max
5-tile: +90 repair max

In short, repair rate is too much (yes so many wasted, but-) and it's too convenient for them, as well as if it is with a wisp! So for the Slinger's balance, PR ability is nerfed, plus its GH and Aerial are buffed (maybe Defense too), so as Blast Terror as it can do a whopping 6 Hp (with Radiant Fire or Burst Fire) upon kamikaze.

Also, every unit can deal 1 more damage with Radiant (or Burst) Fire and also, Radiant and Burst Fires don't stack

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 02:42

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Rebalancing Information: Pyre Snake

+ Attack vs Ground Light is increased from 6 -> 7
+ Attack vs Ground Heavy is increased from 4 -> 5

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 21, 2016 01:54

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Now for the story of the creation of amplifiers:

As our basic attacks will eventually be obsolete against anything in the future, we decided to develop a weapon enhancer that can match any weapons that any infantry have. Our first tests were mere failures, we couldn't make our enhancers stable enough to operate. We waited and waited for what solutions we can make. As a millennium passed, the Sapiens have discovered a way of how things can work called "Physics" but unfortunately, we won't be able to steal their books as they are made out of paper and we'll burn them easily. More years passed, our tinkerers have found a way how to handle them without burning them and we made pair of metallic gauntlets with a kind of cloth that can withstand the heat when we would wear them. We made an attempt to steal a "Physics" book and it was a success. We can now learn how to make our enhancers work with "Physics"! Our early enhancers were not that strong, but it was strong enough at its time. We upgraded our enhancers to catch up with the Sapiens' weapons and few more centuries passed, the Sapiens' knowledge and technology have surprised us a lot and we decided to steal more for our race. Thanks to much more advanced "Physics", we have evolved our enhancers and since they are now a lot more powerful, we now call them Amplifiers. They now make our attacks much faster, much hotter, much further, and much deadlier than what we used to have. Well, it is bad to steal, but it is for our own progress as well and more than a millennium later, since the Uniwar has began, now let's test our Amplifiers against everyone else.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 03:35

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

The story about how their armor is created:

As we have been stealing Sapien technology, we are also influenced by their armor. At first, they only made their first armors out of metal and cloth, which can be problematic if we would wear them ourselves, but we do get to solve that problem, by adding thin layers of crystals inside those armor so we can protect our cores better, though the crystals inside didn't last all day because of our fiery bodies and they're also heavier than the Sapiens' armor, so we would unequip them and put them somewhere shady to cool off and be used another time. As time passed, advances in knowledge have grown fast, but our knowledge of technology is not very bright, but we still explore our own other than to steal from the Sapiens. With the help of Sapien advancement, we have created combined material armor to lessen the complications of wearing them and they can now be worn everyday, though they are rather a little more expensive to make, but it's worth the labor. A more than a millenium passed, the emergence of the Khraleans were unknown, but may provide us some more technology from them to our own. We decided to raid a base for autopsy and research and we easily surprised them with our advanced weaponry but unfortunately, they don't have a lot of technology unlike us and the Sapiens, but we never wasted our efforts on researching for more. On one part of our research, we find out that their Underlings have the ability to reach temperatures 75% to our temperature, yet their bodies are very resistant to Sapien small guns and it takes less resources grow them than Sapien armor, but the Sapiens use automatic weapons to nullify it overtime. To our case, we use the combined material technique to intergrate Khralean body into our existing armor, which is now less expensive to make while retaining the same armor values. Now everyone in our race who are in the ranks have affordable armor so we won't have to die easily. As the Uniwar emerged, we've heard that a race called Titans have heavier armor and they can regenate energy from any heat source. That should be a very helpful technology for our Amplifiers, but we haven't aquire it yet. Well, there's more to research and we'll fight to get them on our hands.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 06:30

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

As archenemies, which race do you think will win, Pyreans or Atlantics?

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:As archenemies, which race do you think will win, Pyreans or Atlantics?

Wait a second, that anime girl isn't a girl!

But... ( •)(• )s.....
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:
  LkASr wrote:As archenemies, which race do you think will win, Pyreans or Atlantics?

But... ( •)(• )s.....

hmm, what was that for? anyways, long story, plus those are fake. Yes they exist in forms of prosthetics, which works in a lot of ways.

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:
  Apercent wrote:

But... ( •)(• )s.....

hmm, what was that for? anyways, long story, plus those are fake. Yes they exist in forms of prosthetics, which works in a lot of ways.

Why did she get fake boobs?
drumstep

drumstep

@Apercent: I think you would be interested to know that the second result of a Google search for that image is your convergence race topic.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

drumstep wrote:@Apercent: I think you would be interested to know that the second result of a Google search for that image is your convergence race topic.

Yay? We are more popular than the 3rd results of an anime
(Of course, the Twitter posts don't count)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 21, 2016 12:11

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The slinger is op i say because it has
a) 1 point versus a plasma
b) 3 points versus a helicopter
c) 5 versus infantry

"But chad!", you say, pulling a random guy off the street and into your face,"Whats wrong with 1 point versus a plasma tank?",
Well it also has burst fire which means that it will end up doing +1 damage along with the original damage. So it would actually be more like this
a)2 points versus a plasma
b) 4 points versus a helicopter
c) 6 points versus infantry

In other words, that is NORMAL artillery stats for something that is normally priced for artillery...
but with a one to six range and the ability to move after attack! That is op.

In case you are wondering, I did make an imaginery unit calculator. It doesnt use percentages (unfortunately) but it should give you a pretty good idea of what kind of damage you should expect out of a unit
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/98661096/
Forum Index » New Feature Request