[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
metadeity

metadeity

Though i like multiple others on this forum don't think too many air units are a good idea i think the tita could have 1 called a buzzer or a drone, but this would take away the advantage of underlings.

For sapiens personally i enjoy the thought of having snipers with say a range of 2 but low defense and low effectiveness againts birdies and tanks

For kraleans i think having a certain type of parasite that spews spores from it's hindlegs might be good anti air as it could slow em down on the retreat that way garudas can get an attack on heli's

As for boats i have 2 ideas for the sapiens, 1 an aircraft carrier which could just be a walking healing spot for heli's for when it sets anchor, but it should be very vulnerable against other units. My other idea for saps is a speed boat with a movement of 6 and a range of 2, it should give them a better chance against titan navies which i think should be nerfed in the aquatic damage department

My idea for a krahlean boat would be a serpent which could be like a super mega underling useful only for talimg out enemy boats, as the leviathon gets blown outta the water in that category
metadeity

metadeity

As for titan boats i say nerf the hydronaught just a little, but give them a new unit for naval protection of the hydros. This unit would be called the disassembler it would have low range low motion but could go deep under water like the serpent in my idea and protect hydros from serpents should they be introduced and it should be able to temporarily wall off destroyers.

It shouldn't be super durable but it should have decent damage and be relatively cheap
youownme

youownme

This would be a titan unit, and I would call it the fortnight. Its stats would be as follows:

Unit type: Ground heavy
Cost:300
Mobility:8
R ange:3
Ground Light: 6
Ground heavy: 2
Aerial:6
Aquatic: 3
Defense:3

-_-
SS Hunter49

SS Hunter49

I like the idea of a superunit but here is another idea, Elite Units. Basically all of our existing units except with maxed experience. For example. A titan tank; normally costs 500 credits. Perhaps for 1100 credits you could build a upgraded titan - 2 rounds to build with 20 health. This unit can also come under attack while under construction without being able to return fire.

I am thinking perhaps when purchasing ANY unit you have an option to buy an elite version of the same unit, maybe with 20 health over 2 rounds for 210% of the original cost. Of course this elite status should also be able to achieved through gameplay. Experience should go past two ranks. If an elite unit IS introduced in the manner I suggested I think that the experience cap should stop at 20 (opposed to the existing 12). Elite units cannot achieve any additional experience.

Maybe an elite unit should have a little bonus feature/ability instead of double health. For example, an elite walker may be able to charge a shot at a hex and the next round it releases that shot, doing significant damage at that hex and some damage to adjacent hexes. Maybe the Eclipse and Mecha can charge their teleport prior to actually teleporting (no cool down, just a charge up). Sapien infantry can plant mines, Engineers must disarm mines?

Finally, I am thinking of an additional navel unit for each faction and perhaps downgrade the universal power of navel ships as is and make more specific types. For example, what if the Titans' ship was slightly downgraded such that is was less effective against ground units in one form or another. Then they were given a weaker ship that was an artillery/aircraft carrier which we had a range of 4-6 or something of that nature. Perhaps a ship which is anti-air/infantry for the sapiens. Some type of alien submarine that could surface and fire in the same round but could not fire against land or air units? switch 'em up? Aircraft carrier for sapiens? anti air ship for Titans?

Throwing ideas out there guys, Let me know what you think!
ppdashing

ppdashing

Transports for each race. Air transport for Titans. High mobility. No defense no attack. Same for Khrals with buggy appearance Land transport for Saps. Less mobility but can carry 2 light units.
Air units for each race:
Saps: Jets with anti air only, 2 range. Bomber with high ground damage.
Khrals: I think they have good air units. Ground units needed here. Short ranged units can be added.
Titans: Capital Ship with splash/AOE damage. Long range.
Naval Units: Submarine good idea for saps. If it can hide underwater., then great. Chimera ship for Khrals with depth charge (underwater bomb). Runners for Titans, low damage high mobility.
New idea: Titans should have unit that has detection for burrowed lings or submarines or depth charges.
P.S. I'm a noob. So my ideas are not balanced. Just enough to give a start. Request to Devs: If you're releasing UW2, please don't increase hardware requirements. I've a low end android.
muchensmile

muchensmile

I have a new unit for the sapiens its called the Roller! It costs around 700 because it has 14 defence. Basically it rolls on top of units and dealing-4 damage (no damage for aerial). However it is disabled for the next turn so the enemy may attack it, however it has 16 defence so its pretty safe. It has a max range of five , which means it can roll over four other units until it reaches the fifth unit, the units crushed along the way takes-2 damage. And you can choose the path of the crushing so it may roll straight into the enemy walker or roll in a semicircle dealing -1 damage to all the plasma tanks it crushes. This unit ignores the "area of guard". I wanted to make this unit as sapiens seems to be the weakest race now.
igniz13

igniz13

I think each side should have a few more units but I don't think all of them should be air and sea. Going with the idea of them being an air and sea unit for each side, however, i'll suggest the following.

K:
Air unit would be a Mauler, a flying anti heavy unit that's weak against air to air and not strong against ground troops but eats up ground units fairly well in packs. It could be a 200 credit unit that can be useful for stuffing out early heavy unit rushes or a 600 credit Leviathan that eats tanks.

Water: 900 credit 1 range Kraken that can easily turn the tide against naval forces, especially when backed up with assistance. It could also act as a crude bulwark from getting your naval bases over-run by superior units.

S:
Air unit I'd like a cheap air-to air dog fighter which is great against air units but otherwise near useless. 300g and fast moving should be okay

Water: 500c Primarily anti-air battery with long range, weaker against other units but can act as a costal defence against swarms and assist against longer range ships.

T:

Arial Buffer unit which is slow moving. 600c maybe with an AOE special attack. Could be like a slow moving eclipse but better against heavy units than light units.

Amphious Tank: has limited movement over land or sea (faster moving in the sea). 350c cost and like a weaker plasma tank.
arlyb

arlyb

Here's my idea for a new Titan unit:

Name: Agitator
Cost: 350
Terrain Stats: Same as Mecha (so it can move through mountain hexes)
Movement: 11
Attack Strenghts:
Ground Light: 5
Ground Heavy: 5
Aerial: 4
Aquatic: 4
Defense: 10

Abilities:
1. Buffs the defensive strength of all Titan Units in a 1 hex radius by +2
2. Cause all buried underling units in a 2 hex radius to be unable to heal and to take 1 damage/turn.

I don't like the idea of flying Titan units, but I do like the idea of at least one more Titan unit with better mobility. The basic idea here is to give Titans at least one more unit that can move through mountain hexes and to give Titans a way to fight Khralean buried underling spam.
aklab

aklab

Only suggestion is this:
Aircraft carrier: Sapien naval unit that can act as a base and build air units. Would have low mobility and high defense. No attack
sephyy

sephyy

I really like the idea of new sea units and transport type units. But balance is key ^.^
regard87

regard87

There should really be more sea vessels and sea tiles. It could be expanded enough to make all sea battles just as interesting as land battles. Which would give us all some new things to get into and try to master.

Also if each race gets another ground unit or two it would be nice for the Sapiens to have a unit with a range of two like the Swarmer and Eclipse. Not sure how it should function, it would have to be carefully designed so that it doesnt take away the effectiveness of the Swarmer itself.
The S&K balance now is pretty good with every unit and tactic being countered by a different unit and tactic. Obviously that makes adding new units difficult. They need to cover up any race defenciancy while countering each other in every matchup.

Wat does everyone feel are the key points to pick up with new units?

ISSUES TO BALANCE WITH NEW UNITS
Kraleans
Kraleans vs Sapiens
? Ability to counter mass marine spamming?
Kraleans vs Titans
Usually I do pretty well but on maps with alot of space inbetween bases when it takes a long time to get ninjas across your opponent could have an impenatrable wall before you can counter. So something to help break the siege?

Sapiens
Sapiens vs Kraleans
??
Sapiens vs Titans
Obviously something to help break the wall in. Battery change helps a little.

Titans
Titans vs Kraleans
Help deal with ninjalings when thier massed easily?
And/or deal with thier speed on large maps.
Titans vs Sapiens
Help to deal with thier manueverabilty?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05, 2012 10:48

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
[Avatar]
calden

[Avatar]
calden

Is it possible for one unit to have 2 different weapon ranges, one for anti-air (say, 2), and one for ground combat (say, 1)? I have thought up a few units that could use such a mechanic. I think splitting air/ground weapon ranges might be a good solution for designing new units. It would allow for units that are more finely tuned for their purpose. This could be useful for fixing game imbalances.

One of my ideas is for Anti-Aircraft Marines for the sapiens. They would be like regular marines, but their anti-air attack range would increase to 2, while their ground attack would remain with a range of 1. I like the idea of a multi-ranged sapien infantry unit better than creating a new sapien unit that simply had a range of 2.
The main reason for making this new unit is that sapien's anti-air units aren't that good, and helicopters are much better than the rest. So, when sapiens are attacked by air, they rely on helicopters extremely often (batteries are expensive and vulnerable, especially against multiple enemy units like swarmers, and marines/marauders have significant drawbacks). In sapiens vs khraleans, K will use air a lot, while sapiens often respond with helis, and air-to-air battles are frequent. They often become helicopter-fests. I think it gets repetitive, and sapiens would benefit from a decent altermative anti-air unit. This would allow more variety in strategies.

AA Marines would look something like this:
Cost: 200
Movement: 7
Range vs. aerial: 2
Attack vs. Aerial: 5
Range vs. ground: 1
Attack vs. Light: 4
Attack vs. Heavy: 2
Attack vs. Aquatic: 2
Defense: 4
Can capture: yes
Repair: 1
Vision: 3
(Vision could be set where designers see fit, anywhere from 3-6. I just chose 3 because engineers have that).
Possible additional abilities:
- Unit could provide neighbouring units +2 air defense and/or +1 air attack.
-Regular marines could get an option to upgrade to AA marines at bases. It would take a whole turn, and you could maybe get a repair for that turn too.

*** If however the developers decide that having units with two different attack ranges is a bad idea, here is an alternative unit proposal:
Instead of a anti-air weapon with range 2, give the AA Marines a special ability which attacks air units, at a range of 2 or 3, with a short cool-down.
[Avatar]
lord9e9

[Avatar]
lord9e9

I think we need transport units With high mobility.

Sapiens: aerial vehicle that marines can "parachute" out of.
Khraleans: some sort of hive queen
Titans: basically can carry mechas and bury itself

Some other ideas
A titan heavy unit that can "phase" through mountains and rough Terrain, would be kind of a scout unit that can hold its own in an attack.
Another ranged unit for sapiens
Amphibious units
Some sort of unit that can possibly save you when you get swarmed by literally 20 khralean units or just on multiple sides in a 8 person match
Also I agree with the idea of adding some different Terrain for water

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01, 2013 07:18

Mabye I could write something useful here such as maps or something...but... why in the world would I do that. :p

And, just so you know, the titan apocalypse is coming. Will you be on the winning or losing side?
[Avatar]
calden

[Avatar]
calden

While I have many ideas for possible new units that I have thought up, I believe strongly that on a basic, general level, these are two imoprtant things that really need to happen:

-Sapiens need an anti-air unit that is competent and reliable in that role other than the helicopter.
-Khraleans need a medium ground unit, so that they don't have to rely on flyers so much.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01, 2013 18:41

regard87

regard87

calden wrote: While I have many ideas for possible new units that I have thought up, I believe strongly that on a basic, general level, these are two imoprtant things that really need to happen:

-Sapiens need an anti-air unit that is competent and reliable in that role other than the helicopter.
-Khraleans need a medium ground unit, so that they don't have to rely on flyers so much.

Sapiens DO have a great anti air unit! The marine. You shouldnt be using Choppers to counter Kral mass, you should be spamming Marines. They dont have any drawback, other than you have to protect them from Infectors. Thier cost is only 100 credits and thier well worth it. Choppers vs Kral will lose everytime. They cost more than Garudas which will fight them evenly. Lots of Marines backed by Choppers is how to do it, together they even up the cost.

Giving Marines 2 range vs Air would make Swarmers pretty useless in SvK, dont think the Marines need an upgrade.

Now maybe each race could be given a second base ground unit if that made sense, and the Sapiens could have a Sniper, with slightly increased range but also slightly more cost. Like a 150-200$ Sniper, slightly advanced Underling and Mecha.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
Forum Index » New Feature Request