[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The convergence; new race
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:if armor consist of cells, like skin, then it will be very, very soft comparing to any normal armor.
if armor consist of something that cells makes, like shell, so it will be non-organic, then it will take very long time to fix it. practically it will need to grow again, layer after layer.

But tu controls cells and multiple bodies that can work as cell factories, so it doesn't take as long as you would think. I'm assuming each round is 3 days, I think that's ample time for engineers to repair tanks and give them reinforcements.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 17:12

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

This thread is most certainly getting a repost now that it has 9 pages

If you can rerange cellular structure and have the mind power of a god, you can definitely make cell factories

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 17:12

amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:40

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

"But a%! "You say, determined not to be beat by some random guy on the internet, ". How do strategists take over Titans?".

They can also take over robotic minds by moving data around. The strategist can move data from his brain to computer, and vice versa.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:also pure biological bodies cant have a long range communications. they cant make radios
modern tank can replace it whole engine in 30 minutes with minimal efforts of a engineer group, right on the battlefield.
biological creatures will take several days at minimum to heal similar level of damage.

What do you not get about "cellular control"? Tu can control cells. This means that tu doesn't have to worry about cells rejecting organs enless tu ejected the organs tu-self .

So if he wants to replace an organ like an engine, he will darn well replace an organ like an interesting engine!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 17:26

amidama

amidama

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:40

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:The strategist can move data from his brain to computer, and vice versa. --- that is okey-ish, if they have neural interface of some sort (so bio+computer tech). but bio tech alone cant connect to the computer, simply because its too slow... (human neuron cant activate itself more often, than at 5 hz(probably somewhere aroung 1000 hz is max, just as a timer. computer is working today at about 3 000 000 000 hz.)

This guy has the mind power of somewhere between 10 billion to a trillion beings. He is super smart. Anyways, I'm fine with them using some computer tech if it's necessary, but I'd like the focus to be on biology.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 17:40

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

And seriously, 5 h per neuron? Because humans have thousands
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:41

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:human have about 100 000 000 000 neurons, and only small part are active at once, and fastest switching rate is about 5 per second for the neuron body. and amount of synapses per neuron is about 1000.
but single signal may consist of many activations. its not like in computers, where only 0 and 1 are alowed. in brain strength of signal depends on amount of repeating pulses or their frequency. something like that =)

Hey tus got tus cellular control. Tu wants all 100 billion to work at once, he will get them all to work at once. He wants every neuron to have a synapse in between them, they'll have a synapse in between them.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I did some major updates. As for the vampire unit, I'm not sure about it. It needs something to make it more convergence-y.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

This is a quick sketch for a unit idea I had
So here's the thing. I wanted to have units that combine, but I didn't want to change the rules too much. So I'm left with two options
Give the stragetist a fuse ability
Give the pawn a fuse ability
Firstly, if I give the stragetist fusing, I'm changing his name to the more chess exquisite name of crown.
Secondly, if I give the strategist this ability, I know that fusing will become expensive. So I could
Lower strategist cost
Keep it how it is and raise fused unit stats accordingly
Give players a small refund when fusing
And I also have another new mechanic. With fusing, I'll be replacing old bishop with the readjustor. I'm not sure if I want to call it a bishop yet. I think it fits the role of the rook. Anyways. This unit has 14 aquatic and no other attack abilities. It will have the option to “readjust” it's stats, and change its 14 aquatic to anything from 7 g.l and 7 g.h to 5 aerial and 9 g.h, as long as the stats add up to the same as they did before.

Lastly, I'll be adding in a “terror” option. After fusing, a strategist will be able to leave it's fused creature with terror. However, this creature will no longer be in control of the player, and just be a terror unit. But you get the 350 you paid for stragetist back.

What do you guys think?
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Almost forgot to mention, I'll let players fuse the pawns to make the old bishop unit again.
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:41

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Idk, I kind of like the idea of using a fuse
Forum Index » New Feature Request