[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The convergence; new race
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:The knight doesn't just cost less because it just stuns, it also costs less because you need other units to use it
I'm not sure if I want it to be able to move and stun or not move and stun in the same turn. It might need a cost rise, because it does seem a little fast right now, considering its range.
I think 500 is a worthy price, with a mobility reduction. What do you think?

As for the rook, its got in comparison to a plasma
-1 g.l
-2 g.H
-1 aerial
-1 aquatic
-4 defense
+1 repair
So I think it's fair. Just remember, 10 defense is what a helicopter has. Just think about how easily helicopter get destroyed for a minute.

I think a cost increase to 750 is necessary for the knight if you want it to be able to lock down walkers infinitely. taking away move and attack and increasing cost substantially would be good, at least to 500... But I think you are better off tweaking the unit.

I think keeping it around cost 300-400 with mobility, quirky ranges, a Cooldown stun ability, and a good gang up bonus could be extremely useful, as well as fitting your support theme.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Yippee, 1000 views and 6 pages for this thread
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Duaneski wrote:
  Apercent wrote:The knight doesn't just cost less because it just stuns, it also costs less because you need other units to use it
I'm not sure if I want it to be able to move and stun or not move and stun in the same turn. It might need a cost rise, because it does seem a little fast right now, considering its range.
I think 500 is a worthy price, with a mobility reduction. What do you think?

-1 g.l
-2 g.H
-1 aerial
-1 aquatic
-4 defense
+1 repair
So I think it's fair. Just remember, 10 defense is what a helicopter has. Just think about how easily helicopter get destroyed for a minute.

I think a cost increase to 750 is necessary for the knight if you want it to be able to lock down walkers infinitely. taking away move and attack and increasing cost substantially would be good, at least to 500... But I think you are better off tweaking the unit.

I think keeping it around cost 300-400 with mobility, quirky ranges, a Cooldown stun ability, and a good gang up bonus could be extremely useful, as well as fitting your support theme.

I don't want to cost it as much as a walker because it's not worth as much as a walker. It's that simple.

I reduced the mobility to 7 and raised the cost to 500.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16, 2016 20:42

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I'm at a dilemma here guys. I can

A). Keep its current stats and raise the cost
Pros: (main reason) its current stats are awesome!
It costs as much as another unit(the rock), and every unit should have UNIQUE costs

Cons-: (main reason); this could lead to the knights unique range becoming the same as a 1-5 because the knight is moveable (so if I want to hit someone at 2 or 4, I could just move back a little)
raised cost means less usage for this unit

B)Let the knight move or attack(but not both), but not both (and give it a mobility of 8 and a cost of 450)
Pros: (main reason): makes the 5 3 1 range game changing and significant to battle
Gives knight unique cost
This means the battery will be used a lot more often, because it can constantly stay out of the knights range, whereas walkers are too slow to do so, and swarmers will be preferred over wyrm at a 2 range. So, basically, it finally gives sapiens artillery an advantage.

Cons-: It will not be as good at shooting before
It's only a stunner, and now it will have more of an disadvantage.

C) Give it option b and allow it to jump like strategist on top of other units
Pros: (main reason): will have the choice of the two options
It keeps its awesome stats
It can stay at its cost
This just give me the greatest artillery idea! What if I could make an artillery that jumps on units, and takes their attack stats, but still keeps its range. You gotta admit, that sounds awesome on plasmas.

Cons-: it's knight range could end up irrelevant
It could end up being jumped on top of infantry. (Which makes it worse than option A)

Oh I almost forgot this one
D) I could put a cool down on the sutn (1-2 turn cooldown)
Pros: keeps the old stats

Cons-main reason). It makes stun feel like an ability
this could lead to the 1 3 5 range becoming irrelevant
This also makes the knight less useful

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 17:40

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Unit balancing

I raised the bishop mobility to 12 so it can move 4 spaces
I raised the Queen's mobility to 12
I am currently going with option B for the knight.
Gave the pawn the ability to be converted by every support unit
Gave the strategist the ability to convert every infantry.
I lowered the bishop cost to 300 and raised the strategist cost to 350, to reflect their abilities.
Strategists screams now only have a range of 1. I want to give it an irregular range, but I can't do so untill I can post pictures, so for times being, it will have a shorter range.

Currently, I am wondering if I want the knight to have a counter-stun when attacked (I think I do). I want to give the stragetist a new name. Maybe I'll call it the crown?

Also I'm trying to make that third artillery I just thought of in option C. I'll find a way.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 19:21

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Duaneski wrote:
  Apercent wrote:
-1 g.l
-2 g.H
-1 aerial
-1 aquatic
-4 defense
+1 repair

Rook: It's tough because we don't have a GH with defense in that range. I think helicopters are usually very survivable but that hinges on them being aerial and having move after attack.

I see what you're saying about, compared to a plasma they're 'weak' stat wise, but they also have +3 mobility and again, the ability to do the same damage at 1 health and 10 is a BIG deal. I dont know how to even crunch the numbers for this, but I imagine that a 1 health Rook would likely kill a 2 health plasma.. Maybe even a 3 health plasma. (I'll have to check that, but it is likely true). Also, as units attack it it'll still deal back its max damage even as it is weakened.

Maybe you should go just with that ability , and not overheal actually? Or one or the other... Because when I consider the first part of this ability I'm like "man that's cool" but then when you add in stats that aren't dreadful AND the ability to overheal up to 20 I think "this unit has to cost a million" .. So that's where I am with it still.

I didn't even see thi s post untill I went back to write the rest of the conversions!
Well, damage works the same for all unit types. So if I'm g.H with a defense of 10 and I get hit by something with a GH attack of 10, I'll take the same amount of damage as something aerial that gets hit with an attack of 10 aerial.

To put this into perspective, imagine how much a walker does against a helicopter. And than imagine the same exchange between a plasma tank and the rook. So it would take about 5, 4 if I'm lucky, and the plasma tank would only take 2. That's a fair fight in my opinion.

I know what your thinking, ". So I take that. As soon as I do, you'll heal for 6 with a support! And my attack will be worthless, and yours will still effect me!". Well, let's put it this way; you have to kill the strategist if you want to win. The easiest way to do this would be with speeders of course. Or eclipse.

Actually, I might lower the overheal limit to 15 though.

Balancing information. I raised the air on the rook to 5. And I lowered the pawns GH to 2

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 17:27

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: Knighted Marine
Mobility: 9
Moves per turn 1
surface 12
underground: 0
after attack: 0

Vision (FoW): 7
Repair points: 2
Defense strength: 8
Attack range: 1

Attack strength
VS ground light: 7
VS ground heavy: 7
VS aerial : 6
VS aquatic: 6

Attack after move: Yes
Teleport NO
Special force: Onslaught
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A
Scream radius: N/A
Unit info: this is a very powerful unit. It can Onslaught, or, like a puppeteer, it can jump on other units and give them the ability to Onslaught. Not to mention, it can still attack from said unit, allowing you to hit two times at once." but apercent", you pout" isn't it a bit...much?". Well, to answer you question, if you recall correctly, when you use a puppeteer to transform another unit, the puppeteer dies, and so does the other unit. So this has to be worth at least 450 credit. Not to mention how hard it is to even get one of these.

For example is I used a Strongman and jumped a Knighted marine on it, the Strongman now has Onslaught. So I kill a tank, get health and another turn. So I kill-hit a plasma. BUT IT SURVIVES? Don't play the 70's music yet. I can also use my marine in the same turn since he hasn't moved yet. Looks like you will not survive.

I imagine this will be a huge help versus marauder spamming

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 18:31

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: Rooked subordinate
Moves per turn 3
surface 9
underground: 0

Vision (FoW): 5
Defense strength: 14
Attack range: 1-3

Attack strength
VS ground light: 6 (takes extra damage from attacking units)
VS ground heavy: 6

Attack after move: Yes
Teleport Yes
Special force: Status decay
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A
Unit info: (this unit is still g.l) alright, so here's how it works:
On every turn, the unit loses 2 attack in each attack strength, and 5 mobility, untill its attack and mobility stats reach zero. Once the units stats reach zero, it gains push as it's attack. If you did the math, you would have figured out that that means you've got 3 turns to get to where ever you want to go (2 on forest map)

(Image below)
it looks like this a robotic version of this

How its useful: How flippin awesome is that?!?! Look at it! look at it!!! If it was a superhero, it'd be batman, if it was a sandwich, it'd be bacon, if it was an accessory, it'd be sunglasses

Not to mention, it's ability in place of the ability to attack. It can push in place of an attack. It can push a total of 3 times

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Feb 29, 2016 02:16

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Bishoped Underling.
Converged underling

Moves per turn 1
surface 9
underground: 14

Vision (FoW): 5
Defense strength: 10
Attack range: 1

Attack strength
VS ground light: 8
VS ground heavy: 6

Attack after move: No
Teleport No
Special force: Launch
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A
Unit info: launch replaces unbury. Launch gives a 3 bonus like unbury, but unlike unbury, launch can be used to stun and ground aerial units.
One key thing to notice is that it is faster underground than above ground.
This is a g.l unit

I want it to look like a more monstrous version of the underling.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 29, 2016 02:18

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Reserved #4
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Reserved #5
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Alternative ability to scream;

Unity

Affects all within a 4 range of the strategist. Lasts for 2 turns

On that first turn, the average health of every unit(enemy or otherwise) in range will replace the health of every unit in range.
For example: let's say I have a bishop with 5 health, pawn with 8 health and a pawn with 10 health, and you have a speeder with 7 health and a plasma with 10. The average health (mathematically) would be 8. So, all of the units would now have a health of 8. This means that the speeder would gain 1 health point, the bishop would gain 3, the plasma would lose 2 points, and the pawn wouldn't gain anything.

And for the rest of units duration, any units who are within the range of unity, enemy or friend, will automatically vet the average health instead of their own health. So if I kill the 8 health pawn, the pawn wouldn't die. Instead, all of the units infected by unity would lose 1 health.

Usability works like this:
You must stay within the range of unity for it to work. Going out of range would make it not work. Similarly, going in range puts you under the effect of unity
The strategist who releases unity is not under its effect. If the strategist is killed, than unity will end automatically.
Strategists who use unity cannot move, converge or heal for the duration of unity.
Any unit that a strategist is on is stunned for the duration of the unity

"A bright green beacon lights the skies... It's fairly compelling...ouch!

I want to come closer... I may have lost a little blood to the light, but what is blood to a sight like this?

The light really does look beautiful, and it feels nice . I want to be closer to it, and I feel better as I come closer, even though the pain in my arm is getting stronger...

The light understands, he knows what's happening, he feels my pain, and he wishes it was enough. I know it's not enough.

I need to give more to the light. It might hurt to rip out my arm, but it would hurt me more if I disappoint him.

I know that the light is taking my flesh...but he hasn't had enough yet. He's my friend, he loves me. He needs my help, and I need to help him."- last words from a sapiens marine.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 18, 2016 03:41

amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:36

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:lets leave the magic aside

I will explain with science, and your going to like it

Lol just kidding. I'll still give a half decent explanation