[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The convergence; new race
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

depends on your decision, either way work well

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:I'm thinking about taking away quadratic healing and giving the pawn 2 repair rate instead... What do you guys think?

Healing more than 2 turns in a row isn't very productive so I could see the reason for the change.

Couple thoughts:

You could change it to 2, that is unique among infantry units

You could make it 1-2 and give them an extra healing ability in the presence of support unit (I forget the name). But say it is 2 base maybe it goes to 8 in presence of support unit.

You could have pawns have heal rate increase by 1 for adjacent friendly units

Just some ideas, maybe one would be what you'd want. But yeah hitting repair for 3 turns to get the bonus is a long time
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Yeah I think it's better to give 2 repair rate. It's simpler and more useful in the long run. I'll save quadratic healing for something else
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Also, I would like to know a little bit of a back story for each of your races. It helps me make the victory/defeat images

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27, 2016 02:15

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for my race; . I cannot remember the all of history of the convergence; for as long as I can remember, they were one person and everything was me.
How ever, I do remember the last age, the final age before the convergence emerged as one....

As I know, the convergence can refer to me, the people of the convergence refers to the people that used to have separate minds (and used to be me). And convergence, when used as an event (e g, I'm going shopping during the convergence)is referring to when everyone's mind combined

The last age was called the Involvement. This was the last time, the world happened to the convergence. The last time that fate wasn't a part of them, but rather, something that they couldn't control. The last time that people thought separately from one and another, and, the last time that people were not life, they were involved in it. Hence the name.

The previous age was called the divergence. I, the convergence, cannot truly recall this age, but I uncovered history books that tell me about it. Anywayas the Divergence is when people realized what was happening, the fact that scientists were getting close to finding a way to unite all (to converge us). Many people still wanted to be different, to leave their mark on the planet, to scar the world.
(Edit: I got too in-charcter over here, so I changed it up). I realize now that you humans cannot understand my thoughts. So I tell you what the real inspiration for this all was:
You see, the economy we have is based not off of money, but off of schedule. Whom ever had the schedule most involved with everyone else's, would have the most powerful over everyone else, being able to effect the most schedules. And so, having an elaborate schedule was the equivalent of being rich. Having an empty schedule meant you were disposable; like a minimum wage worker. If everyone was combined, we'd all have schedules involved with each other. Basically, we'd all be rich as kings.
On the flip side, the divergence saw fault in plans to converge, on account of "wanting to exist" by themselves. They wanted to keep everybody different instead. And so, their was a war between Divergence and Conformity. And the Conformity won.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 01:38

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Although I cannot recall the age of Divergence, I remember it was the cause of the Involvement, and so, I tell you about it now

After the Divergence, the old people of the convergence entered a deep age of philosophy. We all knew that Convergence was inevitable. So we thought to ourselves, did we want everyone to become part of us? Was thier some people who didn't deserve to become one with us? Do we want to combine our minds with people we despise?

Following the Involvement, the conformity plan was created by scientists. It was like your physics; We knew we wanted to converge, but we didn't actually know how yet, so we had to make a plan on how to do so. I wasn't finished yet, but it was going to get finished.

You see, we always could control our body parts, but we didn't always know what to make them into. So we looked to biology to give as new things to become; and our biology studies weren't finished enough to let us converge.

However, many did not want everyone to converge. Some wanted only perfect personalities to come in, and this formed
-The Feeling: a tribe that believed in love as the perfect thing and those most capable to be worth converging with
-The Perfected: those who only wanted intelligent beings to converge
-The Unscathed: Those who only wanted the people with the same types of personality to converge.
-The Functional: those who wanted all beings with mental illness and criminals to be excluded from convergence
-The Omnipotent: those who believed that all were worthy, and they took it a step further than the Conformity by believing that only all together can we become perfect, and that all personalities are already perfect
-The Balance:those who believed that a good ratio of each personality would create the perfect being.
-The Conformity: the old nation that believed that all should converge. Believed that everyone should take the same personality to become one.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 12, 2016 16:50

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Tell me if that color is hard to read. I could change the text color, or rewrite the whole thing. It didn't take long to write. Now, as the Conformity plan arrived, many began to think. Should the convergence be limited to only those capable? Should everyone have it?
You must remember, all of everyone didn't care for money. Although I admit, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your society and its capital. But, I'm getting off track here.
We had niether televison nor money, so people didn't really have anything else to do, but talk and think. This led to an age of philosophers attempting to convert people to their side, and people spending time thinking.

Once the Conformity plan was set into play, the government argued within itself about how the plan should go, and split into two opposing sides; the Omnipotent and the old confirmity. This began the confirmation, the last interspecies war. I cannot recall much of it, but I try to from time to time.
As the war began, all the different factions mentioned above emerged. The 7 factions split the world into 49 pieces, and collapsed the world into war. Eventually, the Omnipotent took control of the government, thanks to overwhelming public support, and the aid of an people from a destroyed faction; the Divergence. For obvious reasons, the Divergence didn't want to become all the same, or have different people stomped out because of their differences. And so, the old Divergence troops reunited with the Omnipotent, and overtook the Conformity. After the Omnipotent control of the old government, the remaining factions realized they could never win alone. So they decided to unite into the X. The X isn't just a catchy name, it stands for the independent variable, the variable that changes. They wanted to change peope to change the convergence's results. And so, the X fought the newly formed Y( the united Divergence and Omnipotent), and the Y eventually won. Finally, the age of convergence began, and all became one.
we thought we were everything, and for centuries we lived in blissful peace. Untill we discovered Titans, that is... And now we know it is our duty to unite them, through another war.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Feb 12, 2016 16:54

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Also, xavi said he would like to release 2 new races by 2016. I hope he chooses mine
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I should tell you, however, there were multiple clans in the war of Confirmation. However, all other groups were simply crushed before they could rise.The most famous, of course, would be Segregation. They believed that different personalities should converge separately, and once that went through, there would not be any need to converge any more. . My plan is to make all C v C battles memories of the war of Confirmation, and make the defeat/victory pictures look as such.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12, 2016 16:22

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Tonight, tomorrow, and maybe the rest of the week (maybe) a Q and A with the convergence! If you have a question, it (the convergence) will answer

E.g
Why it refers to itself as we
It's unit structure
It's history
How it looks
Etc.

From this point on wards, I'll be used white as the convergence's font. Ask any question you want about this race

Also I re-edited the convergence history to make it easier to understand

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12, 2016 16:55

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Read through your units again. Let me say, I do enjoy your units abilities a lot. I'm not reading into the fluff much today, but I provided my thoughts on balance - again. I hope it makes sense.

I'll try to read thru the fluff next time, and work up some Q's for your A's!

<3

--
Strategist scream is OP unless you're going to make it range 1, or make the strategist cost 700.

Imagine EMP except it affects every race and you get to blow up their support units with their own units. Or deal damage to two plasmas at once by having them attack each other. Or any number of other awful unintended (or maybe intended) things.

Maybe have scream affect one unit within 2-3 spaces for the one turn, and have a long (7-10 turn) Cooldown to go w it??
--
Hypnotist - this is mind control done right. I love the balance of poor mobility, low defense, and excellent game changing ability. I think you might be able to lower their cost down to the 200-250 range. Well designed unit imho.
--
Pawn - let's compare to the marine:
-1 GL, +1 GH, -1 air, same Aq. +3 defense. +1 repair rate. -1 mobility. Same cost.

I think we talked about this before... But I don't think this little guy is balanced well.

For reference: if both units are standing on plains tiles, which shouldn't be a thing anyway, the pawn would go -3/-5 to a marauder. That isn't bad at all. And that's a best case scenario for the saps player. God forbid this thing is on a good tile

As for GL to GL: this unit goes -5/-4 to a marine. And then it heals twice as fast. And is better against GH. The tick on mobility and air attack don't make up for all this unit has going for it, for me. I like the high defense high repair rate, but I think damage dealing should suffer a lot more harshly than it currently is. I would say either:
1. nerf GL by 2-3 more AND nerf GH by 1-2.
2. Or get rid of the air attack altogether.
--
The bishop is awesome. No problems there. I think it might make sense to change the health gained from 1/4-1/2 to a set value, like 1 or 2 health, only for simplicity sake.

--
Rook
Very unique unit idea. But I think the stats are still too beefy given the very powerful ability. Will have to crunch the numbers at some point to determine what this would do to a plasma, but please consider how powerful JUST the ability to do full damage at 1 health is, let alone the ability to overheal up to 20.. ANNNND first class mobility. I think reduction of attack damage would make a lot of sense, and maybe even losing another point of defense. Possibly you could also consider going the other way with mobility, and make it a 4/5 ish.

Bottom line: A unit w an ability this powerful should have serious drawbacks. Or an insane cost.. And 500 just isn't enough. I love the outside the box thinking in the unit idea, but again I think you're lacking in balance.
--
Knight: awesome unit. Love the theory behind it. My problem: it costs 400 and it can completely neutralize a cost 750 unit. Yes it doesn't do damage but being able to move and then take a walker out of the game and save 350 in the process is too much functionality. So, I think the best cure is to give Stun a Cooldown. I think 2 turns is appropriate. And have this unit provide a -1 defense debuff to whatever it hits outside of stun. So basically it is applying a free +2 gang up bonus when it isn't stunning something. I think that makes this unit fulfill the quirky support role a lot better, without being overpowered.

--
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for the pawn, yeah I took away the g.H. I don't think it would of needed it anyways. I gave it back the 6 g.l. so, in comparison to a mecha, it has
-2 air
-1 g.l
+3 defense
That sounds pretty fair.

As for the hypnotic, I'm not sure if I want it to stay, because it could become problematic for any match. However, it's good because it fits in with the races "super support unit" style , not to mention their war purpose of "converge with everything". So really, its a matter of fiction vs unit value to me.

Anyways, as it currently stands, out of the 8 units, the hypnotic is the first to go.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16, 2016 10:47

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The knight doesn't just cost less because it just stuns, it also costs less because you need other units to use it
I'm not sure if I want it to be able to move and stun or not move and stun in the same turn. It might need a cost rise, because it does seem a little fast right now, considering its range.
I think 500 is a worthy price, with a mobility reduction. What do you think?

As for the rook, its got in comparison to a plasma
-1 g.l
-2 g.H
-1 aerial
-1 aquatic
-4 defense
+1 repair
So I think it's fair. Just remember, 10 defense is what a helicopter has. Just think about how easily helicopter get destroyed for a minute.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 16, 2016 11:06

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:As for the pawn, yeah I took away the g.H. I don't think it would of needed it anyways. I gave it back the 6 g.l. so, in comparison to a mecha, it has
-2 air
-1 g.l
+3 defense
That sounds pretty fair.

As for the hypnotic, I'm not sure if I want it to stay, because it could become problematic for any match. However, it's good because it fits in with the races "super support unit" style , not to mention their war purpose of "converge with everything". So really, its a matter of fiction vs unit value to me.

Anyways, as it currently stands, out of the 8 units, the hypnotic is the first to go.

I was using the marine as a comparison since it doesn't have the teleport ability, but you're right that the mobility is a very big deal with infantry, so mecha without teleport should have some buffed up stats. I think if the GH is lowered then that would be a decent starting place. Their super power of being very resilient (high def) plus high repair rate, I didn't think it Worked w them also dealing a lot of damage, even with mediocre mobility.

When you say the hypnotist, is that aka the strategist, or the hypnotic?

I think you need to change scream, not necessarily get rid of it
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:The knight doesn't just cost less because it just stuns, it also costs less because you need other units to use it
I'm not sure if I want it to be able to move and stun or not move and stun in the same turn. It might need a cost rise, because it does seem a little fast right now, considering its range.
I think 500 is a worthy price, with a mobility reduction. What do you think?

As for the rook, its got in comparison to a plasma
-1 g.l
-2 g.H
-1 aerial
-1 aquatic
-4 defense
+1 repair
So I think it's fair. Just remember, 10 defense is what a helicopter has. Just think about how easily helicopter get destroyed for a minute.

Rook: It's tough because we don't have a GH with defense in that range. I think helicopters are usually very survivable but that hinges on them being aerial and having move after attack.

I see what you're saying about, compared to a plasma they're 'weak' stat wise, but they also have +3 mobility and again, the ability to do the same damage at 1 health and 10 is a BIG deal. I dont know how to even crunch the numbers for this, but I imagine that a 1 health Rook would likely kill a 2 health plasma.. Maybe even a 3 health plasma. (I'll have to check that, but it is likely true). Also, as units attack it it'll still deal back its max damage even as it is weakened.

Maybe you should go just with that ability , and not overheal actually? Or one or the other... Because when I consider the first part of this ability I'm like "man that's cool" but then when you add in stats that aren't dreadful AND the ability to overheal up to 20 I think "this unit has to cost a million" .. So that's where I am with it still.
Forum Index » New Feature Request