[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Race Idea: Pyreans, Masters of Land and Air
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I just wondered, do you guys think that the Pyre Snake needs the 12 move speed back?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 18:10

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think that both of them are good. Probably would be best to give it a mobility of 10 though, cause swarmers can only move 3 spaces. honestly, 4 spaces isnt unbalanced either.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Rebalancing Information: Pyre Snake

Buff on mobility: 10 -> 12

Reason: Since Pyre Snakes can't move on water like swarmers do and Marauders (24) and Speeders (16; 22 if attacked) easily outmaneuver them if went with 10, Pyre Snakes are given back with 12.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 22:03

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

That sounds good
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Pyreans

These are my opinions on your units.. Please take them w a grain of salt I'm by no means an authority on the subject but I did want to give my feedback!

Pyrrior - seems likely Balanced. I'll be curious to see how GH 4 and aerial work on a cost 100 flying troop. They die easily, but they might have to die even easier. (Def 2 or 1 maybe). But for now I think it could work. Question: is flight a passive ability or an activated ability? Maybe it would make sense for it to be something it could activate, and you could assign a Cooldown to it?

Wisp - 3 turns of bonus damage is too much imho. I would make it one turn, personally. Strike while the iron is hot very very useful ability even w it being one turn. No other way in game to heal units out of activation. 15 turn Cooldown is an awful long time. I would make it 10, but I guess if you keep the 3 turn debuff then 15 makes sense.

Shifter - I like it. Same question about flying as the pyrrior. I think the static 2 damage should work at this price point. They would be great for softening up heavy stuff. Love the idea and the stats.

Pyre snake - very balanced I think. Comparable to swarmer, just on the ground. Would it make sense to give this thing a bump up in GL and GH and remove its aerial attack (or weaken it?) - I ask this for two reasons: 1) flavor. 2) to set it apart from the swarmer.

Magma golem - I like it! Very neat unit design. Will have to decide how those bonus gang up numbers work. Looks like you could -possibly- even double it and not have an OP unit, so that's awesome.

Slinger - I like it, but will have to look at the attack formula and make sure it is at least gonna do 1 damage to a plasma... Otherwise it would still be good versus aquatic and versus artillery pieces. Well, versus artillery it will maybe need more defense... Tough. It can hit all of them without reprisal... It should be ok to start here. Will destroy walkers...

P Ryda
I like it. It may be in for a cost reduction down to 400, but 450 is a good place to start

Blaze Terror
Well. I think, personally, that it should do a set attack strength on attack instead of a static 5 damage. Also, I think mobility 15 or 12 is a must. That's already top tier in the game. I don't think giving a unit that can 2-hit anything in the game for 300 credits THE single highest threat range in the game makes sense from a balance perspective. As for damage, I think saying it is a power 12 ish attack makes sense. Why not let them OHK a mecha, deal 7 to a speeder and deal 2-4 to a plasma?
----
As for an overall review: your race has come a LONG way since I first read through it. I like it a lot the biggest thing needing addressed imo is def the kamikaze. Other than that I feel like this race could slide in and be on par w current races.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

You do know that it's fairly easy to block a Blaze terror with infantry and it's also a one shot against costy units. It's best use them as a breakthrough or as a followup, plus they won't be refunded after Kamikaze

Flight is a passive ability

I considered PR as a 450 unit because it's the best scout in the race (surpasses all) and for swarm purposes, it will instantly regen while it's in a large group of other PRs

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 25, 2016 01:39

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:You do know that it's fairly easy to block a Blaze terror with infantry and it's also a one shot against costy units. It's best use them as a breakthrough or as a followup, plus they won't be refunded after Kamikaze

Flight is a passive ability

I considered PR as a 450 unit because it's the best scout in the race (surpasses all) and for swarm purposes, it will instantly regen while it's in a large group of other PRs

well, if infantry were immune to other forms of damage, that would be fine. But as is you can blow up one or two infantry however you want, and then send in 5-10 kamikazes to destroy an imbalanced amount of enemy units.

I think you are going to end up in a situation where this unit is dictating the terms of battle, with this setup.

Walkers do that in the game now. No one wants to give Titans a moment to breathe because they can build a unit that can end the game that they can't get to.

this 150 cost unit means your opponent has to try to put multiple layers of cheap infantry in between their valuable pieces and you. Saps might have some movement options but what does this mean for Khra? You can kill a Garuda from 2 spaces farther than it can move and gain 50 credits in the process.

That would still be true even at 12 mobility, let alone 15 or 18....

the unit is incredibly imbalanced as is. This race couldn't be beaten if all they built was their very strong infantry and kamikazes. Literally nothing could stop that.

Edit: we can agree to disagree :p but I do feel pretty strongly about this particular unit setup

Edit 2: I could absolutely see PR as 450... But I'm thinking: it doesn't have the movement shenanigans that the helicopter has, and it's stats I think were on par w Garuda. The massive healing helps but not if they get outright killed... Def 400-450 is the right range. 450 is a good starting place, may be a good ending place.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 25, 2016 03:37

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Rebalancing Information: Blaze Terror

- Fixed rate of damage is decreased by 1 (3 max) based on its missing health (starting at 8 Hp)

+ To compensate for the weakness, it is now be able to heal itself by +2.

- Mobility is decreased from 18 -> 15

+ Vision is increased from 2 -> 4

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 25, 2016 06:24

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:Rebalancing Information: Blaze Terror

- Fixed rate of damage is decreased by 1 (3 max) based on its missing health (starting at 8 Hp)

+ To compensate for the weakness, it is now be able to heal itself by +2.

- Mobility is decreased from 18 -> 15

+ Vision is increased from 2 -> 4

I think that's a decent compromise I feel like you're worried a lot about these little buggers costing too much, give they explode when attacking. But they should be pretty easy to screen - it's hard to focus on getting rid of screening pieces to kill a 150 cost unit. I think having 2-4 of them sitting behind the front lines threatening to dent tanks or whatnot would be common at basically any mobility point.

It's really a great unit, but again I think you're more on the side of "too much" versus too little.

But I think at the least that this is a good place to start
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Rebalancing Information: Slinger

Defense is increased from 5 -> 6

Mechanics Information: Magma Golem

Magma Golem's Unnerved ability has twice as powerful as everyone else (Gangup bonus x2)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30, 2016 19:47

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Rebalancing Information: Phoenix Rider

Pyrean Synergy's range is decreased from 4 -> 3

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think that this race has a lot going for it now. it's not too much of a stretch for uniwar (and mainly uses powers that are already available), and it's still interesting.
The only thing I can see being trouble to program is maybe radiant fire. but we have plague and uv, so it shouldn't be too hard
[Avatar]
Colony

[Avatar]
Colony

How about a new race involving the titans and the Khrals, aliens with advance tech and units

I have no ideas for what type of units at the moment

What's an airport?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I just had an idea for an ability, and I think it fits your race best thematically:

When this unit kills an enemy unit, it X

X = heals 2 hp
X= gets another action
X= gets another attack
X= can move

So many options. I think this mechanic could be very interesting, adding another layer into gang up: wanting to have a specific troop landing the killing blow.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Duaneski wrote:I just had an idea for an ability, and I think it fits your race best thematically:

When this unit kills an enemy unit, it X

X = heals 2 hp
X= gets another action
X= gets another attack
X= can move

So many options. I think this mechanic could be very interesting, adding another layer into gang up: wanting to have a specific troop landing the killing blow.

Like "Onslaught" for bishops?
Forum Index » New Feature Request