[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New race idea (Phasing Race) *updated 2/25
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Just realized the Scyir could get charge or repulsor shield too... Maybe I'll add that in next update change the %s around a bit.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Update: changed Hyperion to The Alone; changed it to be a colossal. Changed around all its abilities

And I am in love with it

The standing alone ability would not affect other colossals .. I'll add that next edit

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16, 2016 23:37

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The alone collassal sounds awesome actually

It kind of sucks that this race can't convert, because this would be awesome for an energized titan. I can see why you wouldn't want to convert though, considering that converters could render your zoc defying infantry useless (because they would have to walk into the hands of the enemy)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 01:26

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:The alone collassal sounds awesome actually

It kind of sucks that this race can't convert, because this would be awesome for an energized titan. I can see why you wouldn't want to convert though, considering that converters could render your zoc defying infantry useless (because they would have to walk into the hands of the enemy)

I'm glad you like the colossal. I think he's a very good super support type unit, and I think it helps that his abilities reflect the fluff so well. Very happy with that creation

I'm okay with this race converting or being converted, I just think it's a good thing to hold back on until this race, hypothetically speaking of course, can be seen in game compared to the other races. It is just darned near impossible to judge where this combination of numbers would be on a power curve compared to all of the other combinations of numbers and rules.

So, not saying never, just holding it back

(Of course that ability is something you specifically balanced your race around, so I think that works very well in that instance where units / the race are built from the ground up with conversions in mind, too!)
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Oh so that's what you meant? Oh OK, I had you entirely wrong.

That's actually a pretty good idea.

As for me, I thought you meant they could convert all races and be converted by all races (which is why I tried to steal it )
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

why not retain the conversion on both races because, propaganda warfare sounds funny

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I'm definitely stealing that now that I've realized I accidentally came up with it myself (and that's not actually what dausenki meant).
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

How would thi s race deal with forest maps?
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

(Ignore this post)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 18, 2016 18:03

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:How would thi s race deal with forest maps?

Rippers hopefully

Infantry of course love forests, generally. So eliminating them would have to be a priority. Most forest tiles of consequence have some plain tiles nearby. So parking a ripper and or a hover tank in those blank spots I believe would be the key to eliminating those infantry.

Charged orbitals could help to weaken or finish off those infantry as well.

Being able to camp a dark swordsman in a swamp, who can charge 4 hexes ignoring ZoC will be important too I think. This is a one shot kill to most unfortified support pieces. Or would be a bit hit to any artillery pieces. They can't help against air, though. So that's the give and take there.

Orbitals do trade excessively well with air units however. Probably too well. I may decrease their air attack to 2 or 1. Though they have a lot less threat range than other air units. Hard to say.

So: against infantry in forests: rippers on the edge of the forest, orbitals for spot damage. Hover tanks if the budget allows.

Against air units above forests: orbitals and hover tanks should be a very good combination in this spot. Scyirs in nearby swamps would provide additional threat.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

If you'd don't mind me asking, what are the mobility costs and bonuses of land for g.H and g.l units?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:If you'd don't mind me asking, what are the mobility costs and bonuses of land for g.H and g.l units?

Mobility costs: same as other races, except for infantry swamps are 4 and forests are 6. Basically just reversed

Bonuses for GH: -2/-2 on forests. Can't traverse mountains for the most part. Maybe avatars can, if so they will be -2/-2 on mountains. Not sure. Swamps will be -1/0 to GH.. Except hover tanks will be 0/0 in swamps. 0/-1 on bases and naval bases.

Bonuses for GL: +2/+3 to swamps. -1/-4 in forests. -1/-1 on mountains. 0/-1 on hills. +1/+2 on bases and naval bases.

That's the plan. Seasoned for balance.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for avatars, I think they should get stuck with the g.H and not be able to cross mountains, or fully embrace it and get g.l stats. That'd be so cool in swamps, because swamps would give them +3s in all attacks and the defense of a plasma
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:As for avatars, I think they should get stuck with the g.H and not be able to cross mountains, or fully embrace it and get g.l stats. That'd be so cool in swamps, because swamps would give them +3s in all attacks and the defense of a plasma

The defense of a plasma is notable in part because of its designation as a GH. That specific defense value of 14 is worth a lot more on a GH versus a GL - since cheaper units generally have high GL values (swarmer, marauder, speeder all in the 7-10 range for that. But only around 4 for GH).

So changing that designation has serious implications for this unit.

That heavy infantry moniker is gonna have to go away. One thing I could do: make it GH. give it a special rule stating it can cross mountains. Lower its defense somewhat, maybe to 10. Then have its stats be affected by terrain the same as GL instead of GH.

That would probably be the best way to marry the two unit types.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think that making a new unit type is too big of a change of uniwar rules. Maybe it should get increased stats to justify it being g.l? Remember, it doesn't have to be a completely undefeatable tank, it just has to be worth the money. So if it kills 3 maruader and then dies, I call that a good deal

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 23, 2016 02:22

Forum Index » New Feature Request