[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New race idea (Phasing Race) *updated 2/25
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

For the naming on your 3 ground heavies I suggest:

recon gl: Infiltrator (because of ignoring zoc)

tank gl: just Hovertank

artillery gl: Armor Predator (because of its very high gl attack, I also suggest buff the gl power a bit tho to make it more anti-tank worthy)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23, 2016 03:09

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:For the naming on your 3 ground heavies I suggest:

artillery gl: Armor Predator (because of its very high gl attack, I also suggest buff the gl power a bit tho to make it more anti-tank worthy)

I agree on all parts except the artillery. I didn't even now that tankbuster- was a fill in name until you said that, but it's a pretty nice name
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Also might be a good idea for this race, having units all named off of the same process.

Example
Whistler
This machine makes a strange whistling noise when it fires. Scientists are at loss as to why.

Tearer
This machine makes a much louder noise than the whistler. The fact that it runs off of the same engine as whistlers hints as to why. It makes a noise that sounds like paper tearing.

Ripper:
The whistling noise is so deep and loud, it sounds like ripping. It is strange indeed

Shreader:
This one shoots so fast that it's whistling sounds like shreading.
Iit is unknown why, because it doesn't use the same engines as rippers. However, it is well known to scare small children

Another example
Subordinate
This unit considers itself uniworthy to the next unit. It is metaphorically called a subordinate, as it is it never a coordinate alone

Tracer: this unit traces the path for others, and is a natural born leader! Or at least that's what the propaganda says.

Finisher: this is the metaphorical end to the line. This is also a good unit to finish kills with. It also absorbs benifits, which makes it benifical to let it leave last. It only makes sense to name it a finisher.

Crown: it isn't clear to other races why this is called a crown. It isn't a metaphorical part of a line, nor is it stronger than the others. What other races don't know is this unit is called the crown because it is flamboyant, and highly stylish. Every race should have one, it's the latest style!

See where I'm getting at?
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

it may cause confusion tho

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I'm just saying that names should have a pattern to them if you don't already have an idea as to what you want the names to be.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:For the naming on your 3 ground heavies I suggest:

I really love infiltrator !! Touchdown

Still don't love hover tank. Will keep thinking on that.

And I like armor, but I think I would prefer "buster" over predator. It fits I just don't love it. I like the GH attack where it is at the moment, does 4-5 to a plasma without gang up. 2 of them down a plasma, Pinzer or tank, or weaken it for something else to kill. Works for me
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:I'm just saying that names should have a pattern to them if you don't already have an idea as to what you want the names to be.

Names represent function, substance, or style for me.

So when you hear the name you have some idea what the unit looks like and does.

Why infiltrator is so badass. Like a stealth speeder or something

----
Updated the units again: changed Avatar. Now more of a recursion piece, better at infantry clearing. Can still chip in versus GH but not its forte. Which is good who wants a one size fits all anyway --- concern is that this change will infringe upon the ripper's territory. So I may change the avatar back closer to what it was before stat wise - 8/8 GL / gh. Not sure.

Buffed Scyirs so they can do work on their own.

Changed the colossal to make Scyirs since I gave its orbital generator ability to the avatars.

Buffed the infiltrator. It was much worse than the speeder, with increased cost. It can't hunt anything if it can't put SOME hurt on once it gets there. That unit looks like it could be in need of a re work .. But I'll leave it as is for the foreseeable future

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 23, 2016 04:34

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

the swordsman should get some decent air. I know that you think its OP to give it air, because of its zoc ignoring, but it really doesn't matter, because it doesn't have a zoc either. So it comes down to the fact that it's stats are a little low for something that costs 175
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote: the swordsman should get some decent air. I know that you think its OP to give it air, because of its zoc ignoring, but it really doesn't matter, because it doesn't have a zoc either. So it comes down to the fact that it's stats are a little low for something that costs 175

Including charge in its stats it has equal GL and better GH than 250 units. Smaller threat range but it does have the ZoC thing going on
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Oh I didn't see charge.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Update:

Deleted ripper GH unit. I wanted to get rid of an ability from this race, and scrapping the unit seemed the best way at the end.

Removed Evolve ability from Scyir. Changed stats of this unit extensively.

Renamed hover tank as wraith. Increased GH one tick.

Increased Avatar GH.

Retooled infiltrator extensively. Lowered its GH, increases GL and mobility drastically. I think this unit would be feared now.

Increased tank hunter mobility after attack from 6 to 9. Reduced GH to 12.

I think that's all the changes I made, anyway.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think the tank hunter should keep a gh of 13

As for the scylirs, they have a defense too high. Make it into 7 or 8 maybe 9

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27, 2016 03:48

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Big change .... I'm afraid to overwrite the previous data lol. What do you think of this??

Thanks to Lkasr for the idea of adding Shields!!

UW

Phasing Race

This is a race which appeared, suddenly, when a first, single warship warped onto the world. Brutally equipped phantasmal infantry surged into existence all around the warship, decimating an entire Khralean army in one fell swoop. Soon thereafter Phasing bases cropped up, with brutal machines tearing through the countryside.

This race is powerful, quick, and deadly, but they seem to frequently have fewer troops available - thankfully. Their soldiers and personnel are energy based life forms, able to phase in and out of most other life forms' perception.

The Phasers seem to have had a difficult time adapting to the terrain here on our world, and at times thrive in conditions that our own troops have great difficulty with. (This race's units gain a positive bonus from being on a swamp tile - perhaps from the energies emitted from the gasses within?? - maybe because those tiles are very connected to the planet ??- but overall they receive worse bonuses on tiles than other races. Forests in particular are a big problem for this race's infantry, as the trees create serious complications for their ability to phase back into reality.

This race is completely unable to repair itself without the aide of a mothership. (Unable to repair unless next to a mothership, even if there is a healing tile nearby).

Race Strengths:
- unit delivery (either via mobility, skills, or ignoring Zone of Control [ZoC])
- Strong, versatile units
- Specialized units
- Flexible play style (able to brick up AND swarm effectively.. Doesn't turtle as well as Titans or swarm as well as Bugs, but can do both)
- Self repairing shields
Race weaknesses:
- unit cost.
- Vision.
- Lack of a traditional repair ability.
- Lack a cheap, strong infantry. Expensive infantry unable to protect via ZoC. Aerial infantry cheap but very low defense with no terrain bonuses to compensate.
- Lack a traditional artillery piece.
- Few armor cracking pieces

--------------

Shields: represented by a blue number in the upper left corner of a Phaser unit. Shields automatically recover somewhat each turn. Shields do not affect attack strength in any way. Shields must be fully depleted prior to the unit being damaged.

Why shields? Shields protect the unit, allowing them to deal max damage while sustaining some injury. To adjust for this, I lowered the defense values across the board for these units. (Some units may not have shields at all.) I also adjusted the Mothership to provide an increased shield recharge rate.

Note: on average I am decreasing defense by 1 for every 3-4 shield HP a unit has. Note that once a unit sustains injury, it will NEVER get back to dealing full damage again.. Though its shield could recharge creating a good blocking unit.
-------------

Orbital
Aerial
Cost 125
Actions per turn: 2
Mobility 4
Vision 3
GL 4
GH 2
Aerial 3
Aq 4
Range 1
Defense 4
Shield HP 4
Shield renew rate: 1/turn

Charge *2 turn cool down: this unit gains 3 mobility this action. This unit gains +2 attack bonus this action.

"These strange pulsing orbs dart around the battlefield. "

Dark Swordsman
Ground light
Cost 175
Can capture bases
Mobility 9
Vision 3
GL 7
GH 4
Air 0
Aq 5
Range 1
Def 7
Shield HP: 4
Shield recharge rate: 1/turn

Special abilities:
This unit ignores ZoC for movement. This unit does not have a Zone of Control.

Charge *2 turn cool down: this unit gains 3 mobility this turn. This unit gains +2 attack bonus this turn.

(Think dark Templar from Starcraft)

Mothership
Aerial / Support Unit
Cost 300
Mobility 9
Vision 4
GL n/a
GH n/a
Air n/a
Aq n/a
Range n/a
Def 0
Repair 2
Shield HP: 8

This unit Flies.

This unit doubles adjacent unit's shield recharge rates.

Infiltrator
Cost 300
Mobility 17
Vision 4
GL 12
GH 4
Air 5
Aq 4
Range 1
Def 7
Shield HP: 6
Shield recharge rate: 2/turn
This unit ignores Zone of Control. (But it does have one)

Wraith
GH
Cost 550
Mobility 8
Vision 3
GL 7
GH 9
Air 8
Aq 9
Range 1-2
Def 7
Shield HP: 10

This unit is designated GH, but is able to traverse water tiles. It is unable to cross mountain tiles or forest tiles.

Wraiths can be built at naval bases.

Tank Hunter
GH
Cost 700
Mobility 9
Vision 3
GL 3
GH 12
Air n/a
Aq 12
Range 2
Def 4
Shield HP: 6

Is able to move and attack in the same turn.
This unit can move after attack with a mobility of 9.

Scyir
GL
Can Capture bases
Cost 250
Vision: 4
Mobility 13
GL 8
GH 6
Air 5
Aq 5
Range 1
Def 4
Shield HP: 8
Shield recharge rate: 3/turn

Merge: when two Scyirs stand in adjacent hexes, one may use this ability to dissolve both Scyir units into one Avatar. The unit initiating the action will become the Avatar, with the other unit being removed from play. The Avatar can not move or attack this turn, but is able to defend normally.

GH
Cost -
Vision: 1
Mobility 8
GL 9
GH 7
Air 3
Aq 10
Range 1
Def 7
Shield HP: 10

Burning Prophecy: when the Avatar kills a GL unit, the killed unit is replaced with an Orbital unit under your command.

Charge: this unit gains 3 mobility this turn and +2 to attack this turn. *2 turn cool down.

"This large blinding wall of light stalks across the battlefield, blinding all those foolish enough to look in its direction. Overhwhelming power courses through the essence of this being. It is clear that the Avatars control the phasing race - and that they have the strength to end the Uniwar once and for all. As soon as our sapien scientists find a way to look upon the Avatar, we will try to describe the physical composition in more detail - for now just know that we are all in grave danger. " - engineer report of the first Avatar sighting, transmitted electronically prior to extermination of a Sapien stronghold.

-———

The Alone
Colossal
GH
Cost: 1500
Vision: *
GL: 101
GH: 0
Air: 0
Aq: 0
Range 1-2
Defense: 4
Shield HP: 25
Shield recharge rate: 4/turn
Actions per turn: 1
Attack and move same turn? Yes.

The Alone removes the fog of war, so long as he is in play. Buried units become visible to the Phaser player.

When The Alone kills a unit, it is replaced with a Scyir unit under your control.

Special ability: Tractor beam: range 1-3: target GH, air or Aq unit is moved 1-3 spaces and placed in any valid hex. May target friendly units or enemy units. Colossal units can not be moved by This ability.

Standing Alone: 5 turn Cooldown: ALL units within 2 hexes are dealt 4 damage. Each unit killed this way is replaced with an orbital unit under your control. The Alone is dealt four damage points. The Alone suffers EMP at the conclusion of using this ability. Colossal units are not affected by this ability.

"The bane of all existence" - prophecy of fobos.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think that you should haggel the price of orbitals down some. I haven't read the rest of it yet
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote: I think that you should haggel the price of orbitals down some. I haven't read the rest of it yet

Well..... Maybe. They're an air unit that can capture 3 tiles away currently. So that's huge in itself. Maybe I should take charge away from them and increase their stats moderately, aaaand in the process lower their cost. TBH I like where they are now though.
Forum Index » New Feature Request