[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New race (the machine)
Forum Index » New Feature Request
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:50

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

amidama wrote:GL 12 GH 8 air 8 ish?
sure, lets try to imagine this. lets take plasma, it has 14 def. this thing with 8 GH will do on average 2 damage.
players dont keep lots of plasma in the same spot, and a single mariner beeween them will not allow the dart to attack both of them. if I will move other units, like patrol bot, to kill the infantry - then i will hevily damage my patrol bot, all of them who will try to get rig of the infantry.
GL12 will give average damage to a mech in a forest of a 6.5 hp (7 hp to a marine in a forest)

with your option this dart, against a titan will do 2 damage to plasma, 7 damage to the mech in forest, and lets say 5 damage to a speeder nearby.
total worth of damage will be: 20%*500(100)+70%*100(70)+50%*250(125)=295
now take in the account that there is a repair drone (cost 300), and that this dart has to refuel every second turn, and any of the units above may kill the dart and the repair drone at their turn receiving no damage in return.

because of zone of control this unit cant ever attack more than 3 targets at once.
in many cases ther will not be that many units together. if there are only 2 of 3 units that can be attacked, then this unit does not even pay for itself.

all together will make this unit barely usable...
and admins told that they dont want new abilities to implement if they are not the copy of current abilities. short range UV is easy to impleent, several attacks, and only 1 attack per target - will need some efforts.
if this unit will have 3 normal attacks and all of them can be directed manually - then it can be more useful

defence for this unit is required only against artielry. it can be as low as 2-3, to avoid one shot kill. or even 0 because it should not be in a artilery range anyway. but eclipses and swarmers may deal dome problems

Makes sense.....

What if the short range UV did 3-4 damage then ?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I dunno... 2-shotting tanks without and planning required just seems too much for me for the same cost.

Maybe if they cost 300 I could get behind 5 damage on the uv. But at 250 I can't see it.

Most of the time you want your tanks or plasmas or pinzers in front to soak damage. I love infantry and they would be great against this unit, but at some point they will get shredded and then you can pop tanks and plasmas without a second thought.

So my opinion is 3-4. I would rather the unit was redesigned altogether as I don't much like this unit archetype (I prefer the base occupying version tbh since that heavily limits how many you can make!)
amidama

amidama

=0

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

How about two options:

Damage 8-9 to a single target

Or
Damage 4 UV

?

I would be a fan of that.... But we can keep tossing around different thoughts as well if you don't like it ofc
amidama

amidama

Hakumen
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:51

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I plan on using heavy infantry for clockwork
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:51

Hakumen
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:51

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

And now it's time for a% imaginery m v k, m v t and m v s battles!

Firstly, in m v t, I think very quickly. I spam infantry. Who can stop me?
Immediately I realize how stupid that was when the enemy spams speeders. The speeders hit the bots and run before the explosion hits them. Dang it.
"Not so fast!"says my arch enemy Chad," or should I say... Not to speedy! Mwhahaaha !"
And like the turkey he is, he continuously says that every time he blows up one of my expolison bots

Furious, I go to look up whatever the tank for this race is so I can summon him to kill my imaginery friend.

"With my awesome guardians!" I screech," I'll take over the entire world! "
Soon enough, the conflict begans... I bring the guardian to a halt, just an inch away from a speeder. The speeder looks up, and backs away slowly. I pull down my awesome laser cannon. " hasta la vista", I say, putting on my sunglasses. Of course, I really will not be seeing him again! I press the big button marked "attack" while laughing manically. The speeder frantically tries to run, but we both know he's not fast enough.

Soon enough, my tank farts out a quarter sized laser. It hits the speeder, for two. Freaking 2. The speeders laugh at my foolishness for 5 minutes on end, and leave to cap my bases, but not before crapping on my lawn.

I have a plan now, though. I use my guardians to shield my zoc bots, whom I use to blow up speeders. It's not perfect of course (I only get 50 credits back for every speeder I kill with 2 zocs). But it's pretty fun. Secondly, I add a repair bot, who makes my guardian effectively immortal.

Chad realizes that I'm a threat to be reckoned with. While I go to the bathroom, he amasses a bunch of plasmas. He uses them to kill my guardian. My guardian barely retaliates with 1 attack. I need something to kill the plasmas.
I think, a zoc bot, or a missile? I decided on a missile, which will do 6 damage (same as 3 zoc bots) for 50 less. So I use my mini terrorist plane to hit the plasma and bring it down health. Right now, my goal is to ammass enough to by a eye laser, which will help massively versus
Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone
An eclipse?
Oh man. I'm done for now. What will I do to kill that thing?
Oh yes zoc bots. I need to get close to the eclipse. To do so, I hit the plasmas gaurding him with a missile. The clustered group of tanks easily takes a massive amount of damage. I go in for the hit and gang suicide the eclipse

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03, 2016 17:50

amidama

amidama

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:51

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:if speeder will attack a explosive bot (frontier) he will get hurt badly =)
but yes, he always can hit a missile (exodus) but it suppose to be protected anyway.
this tank has very good defence, but poor attack, used just to fill the gaps and to gain zone control and to soak up enemy fire

in M v T it will be quite good actually to use lots of frontier (explosive bot) - because most of his army is a ground heavy.
several such bots can kill a plasma, and being cost effective, if plasma will get near the forest.
so T would need to not to build plasmas, i guess. ost likely he will go with lots of speeders.
then yes, massive infantry from M.
then T will realise its bad, and will build eclipses to kill the infantry from a distance I will have to use ither a exodus to kill an eclipse or tank to push the front line, or an artilery to damage the eclipse
fi I will go exodus, then T will go mech. then I will go for a heavy infantry, he will go speeders, and cycle is closed
if I will go artilery, T will go for more speeders, and i will need a tank anyway...
if I will go for a tank, T may build a plasma to slowly kill my tank (plasma is much stronger) then I will build more infantry, he will make more infantry, I will make a artilery, he will go for speeders and the cycle is closed.

Actually I was just going to take a break from writing. Yeesh

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03, 2016 17:51

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

So anyways, after I destroy the eclipse, I amass enough $$$ to buy that laser bot! Yesss! So I use it and its manly lasers of death to gangup kill plasmas.
Pros: t v m is awesome in the fact that you need to use speeders and plasmas . it's also fair.

Cons-: the eye ball is way too expensive to be useful.

Next up, k v m

Before I finished t v m, I just want to point out that mechas are too slow to be useful versus suicide bots. The bots have a solid 10 mobility

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03, 2016 17:56

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

After I beat him, Chad sadly walks off into his room, and falls into his bed, letting his pillow absorb his sobs. Sore loser.

So next up, I fight Chad's older brother, Chad.

Chad basically looks like an anime character. He is fairly tall with perfect hair and an awesome smile, and he still managed to look like a jerk. He says, "Better luck next time"
"The game hasn't even started yet!"
"I think it's already ended."
Oh we'll see about that.
He makes a swarmer and a garuda. I already am making infantry, to help kill him. "Move forward my men!". I tell them. " Yes sir!", they shout back. On the way, they all say the exact same things at the same times. They are trying really hard to be the same as each other.

Anyways, the garuda comes around and gets shot down by two of my men on forests. So Chad 2 makes his swarmers come.

Suddenly, all of my men go apes. As soon as a swarmer hits them from a range, they instantly die. I lose thousands of men trying to chase after a swarmer. And they manage to crap on my lawn. I haven't even cleaned out the speeder waste yet!
I want to make a guardian to kill the swarmer, but I knew they'd be too slow and get easily destroyed by garuda. I want to make my manly laser bot, but I am short on credits. So I decided to settle for patrol bots instead.

And I don't regret it! Although they still get picked off by swarmers, I manage to chase off the garuda. I use this opportunity to bring a guardian over here.

Chad does that wierd anime thing with the tentacles. Then he shouts," No! I will preserve! ". And he runs around with his arms behind his back like sonic, presumably listening to some them song in his head. And then, he summons a pinzer.

The pinzer is big, and meaty. He smells like yesterday's breakfast. He walks up to my patrol bot and fells him in one swoop. Then garuda spam my guardian, along side the pinzer.

I wanted to make a dart but if I did, they'd get swarmed by, you know, swarmers. Not to mention that wyrm my opponent just made. So , I cleverly maneuvered my infantry into mountains. Then, I slowly lead the pinzer into my trap. I blow him up!

Soon afterwards, the swarmer can't take my guardian and patrol bots, and get destroyed. After which. I buy a laser bot. And use it to kill the wyrm in 1 turn. And I slowly over run Chad's bases.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03, 2016 18:27

Forum Index » New Feature Request