[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: simsverd
Forum Index Profile for simsverd »» Messages posted by simsverd
General Discussion » Unavailable Units » Go to message
you can buy those units yourself.. either with real money or use a little more time to get them for free.... or you can get them in games by watching an ad...
What's New in the Latest Updates » Balance changes » Go to message
Balance change effective from 23/8 10:00 CEST:
- Kraken will get an increase in surface attack-range from 0-1 to 0-2

This will not affect underwater battle, but will make the Kraken more uasable in other situations.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Version 1.14 coming soon » Go to message
Version 1.14 coming soon with these changes:
- selected player-made maps in offline mode
- some new missions in the campign
- improvements to GUI
- bugfixes
New Feature Request » Submarines units for Khral and Titans » Go to message
we considered giving the kraken 2 actions at move 6.. seemed like a good idea.. but in reality a kraken could then kill any of the capital ships in one turn... wich is to much.. so its either that +a nerf on other stats or something else..
The idea for kraken we are mostly agree on is attack range 0-2 on surface.. it will not affect sea battles so much , but will make the kraken more useful vs other (land) targets
General Discussion » Balance seems a bit off in favour of bugs » Go to message
  StarryBlink wrote:
Previously I would say kharl beat titan, titan beat sap, and sap beat kharl in general.
Today it seem to depend on maps. But in general, very well balanced.

Any balance adjustment from this point, you have to be very cautious.

thx

we like to do incremental changes and observe the effect before doing more.

The balance are good, and we are now mostly discussing tweaks to have specific effects without changing race balance to much.. for example tweaks that make certain units being buildt more to add more variety
General Discussion » Balance seems a bit off in favour of bugs » Go to message
The balance between the races are pretty good. Maps play a much bigger role than minor tweaks.

Some units are harder to use than others, and high level players are better at utilizing units - better positioning, better gangup, better shielding etc etc - and we know that things can seem as "issues" for lower ranked players are not so at the top level - wich is where you must balance the game.

We are currently discussing
- tweaks for more varied K vs K
- more usability for the kraken
Balance changes effective from 27/6 10:00 CEST:
- Borfly will get a reduction in AP Air from 50% to 30%
- Amphibians will get a -1 penalty vs submerged subs

The reduction in AP Air for the Borfly is mainly to prevent the borfly vs borfly massive buildups in Khral vs Khral.
The reduction in dammage amphibians will do to submerged units is to increase survivability for the subs.
Balance changes effective from 23/5 23:00 CET:
- Plasmatank get +1 movement from 6 to 7
- Plasmatank get +1 attack vs ground heavy from 11 to 12
- Mantisse get +1 attack vs amphibians from 6 to 7

The plasmatank have been underused lately with the introduction of the tankbusterunits. Giving it a little speed and GH will make it more usable while still beeing the slowest tank.
Mantisse loose a fight vs the cheaper fuze. Giving mantisse more attack vs amphibian better reflect that it is more expensive.
New Feature Request » Legacy UniWar rules and gameplay » Go to message
  HUDisplay wrote:As a longtime player, I'd really like to see a legacy UniWar mode. The new units are great. Tweaking the cost and strength of the original units for balance, I'm not thrilled with. I still think Eclipses should repair 1 HP each turn. I still think Walkers should cost 750. It just isn't the same anymore. Unless there's a legacy UniWar mode! More specifically, prohibit the new units, restore the original units to their legacy values. I would be totally for that. Thanks.

Sorry.. cant see that ever happen..
What would be the incentive for the developers to put in effort in making the game more complex to new users without any earnings from it?
...and what would be the "baseline"..? the units have been updated numerous times...
General Discussion » Counter-queued almost every game » Go to message
  keymaster2 wrote:no they have advantages over each other but it depends on the skill level of the players
please... you are a 1500 player.. impaler is a top player at 2500+
And also stop resurecting old posts without any good reason... please
General Discussion » Titan need their plasma tank improved. » Go to message
  Pento wrote:
Perhaps a special feature like move +6 but only every 10 rounds.(turbo boost & super pursuit mode)

features that require coding will likely not happen.. try to find solutions with the parameters available
  Pero wrote:Plasma tank badly needs +1 mobility.

i think this is an issue where main race-design will be the decider... the titans and especially the plasmatank have been communicated as montrous but slow... its in all descriptions and also the tutorial campaign
uniqueness , both in race and in the individual units of its class is important to keep...

i think GH +1 or 2, and/or heal2 would be a viable solution
New Feature Request » New unit for all races » Go to message
  wookieontheweb wrote:
Because spookyhouse have not posted in this forum since they bought uniwar. Not sure they've done any development either, just a few critical bug fixes i think. Most of the development for subs had already been done by xavi and the team before the hand over. i would love it if this wasn't the case!

Spooky have made a few posts on the forum.. though not so many.

in addition to bugfixing, hey did some work to finalize the subs and have made some improvements to interface. They are currently working on improving and updating the tutorial campaign.
Their main focus since the aquisition of uniwar have been to get familiar with all the "assets" (code, server, etc) and to "polish" the game.
  wookieontheweb wrote:What about giving plasma a special ability of immune to armour piercing? Maybe that means a code change but still an option
It's in theme and makes it very unique

It would require coding.. and will probably not be a realistic option as long as there are so many parameterers to change easily
We will give the tanks some love in next balanceupdate..

We want to have the tanks keep their differences.. but sometimes it must also be "practical".

For the plasma tank we have discussed movement, heal, defence and other stats - and we are currently leaning towards heal2, move +1, GH+1/2 (one of these or a combiantion).
Pinzer is probably fine as is.
We have discussed air attack for sap-tank, but will probably not do that because its more important to keep the uiqueness. I personally would have liked +1 move for sap-tank, but the others in the balanceteam dont agree
Forum Index Profile for simsverd »» Messages posted by simsverd