[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: TheDragon
Forum Index Profile for TheDragon »» Messages posted by TheDragon
Bug Reports » Extra team games being generated » Go to message
I've 2 teams each at 1 random game. We got our first 4 player game shortly after we finalized the team. This morning (12+ hrs later) there was suddenly a second quad random game and a global message from other team asking for peace. It's well after midnight for the other team so I don't expect a response till I get up in the morning. opposing team leader shows 25 of 25 games and i've not seen him post so it's quite possible he can't get into the second game to play. This second random has also come close to maxing out the players of my team too.

Our quad team (and we've verified) is set to 1 random and this is the second for the team.
Bug Reports » Extra team games being generated » Go to message
Hey Xavi, our 4 man team the Plush Pinzers just got a second 4 man random started on us even though we are set to 1 random. First response from other team in general chat was a peace offer making me think they also were surprised by extra game and possibly one or more members does not have enough space for the second team game. I'm trying to find out what they know about this second game as well.

I can see this as being a serious issue especially with new players with 4 slots
General Discussion » Application for team _____Ski ! YOU could be _____!! » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:Okay.... Let me just say, you were cruising along at about 35% pace. Took a hit on question 8.

Then bam. Firefly.

That plus your closing argument...

Tabulated results are 94%!

Again, not a perfect attempt. But very well done.

ouch 59% hit in rejoinder
General Discussion » What to do about multi player games? » Go to message
  mistercreepy wrote:Sims is right, just set a minimum requirement. Or ask on the chat for a multiplayer game. It's frustrating for sure, but keep playing. I have had a few different crews to play with over the years so I rarely go to the random matches.

Please look at that image again. Thats a weeks worth of moves and chats. I've something similar to that on 6 other games. Basically once a day I log into game, review player has been off line for days, then skip. Go to next game, repeat
This is mainly in 4+ player maps

*'m seeing 2 types of players. The first are those that (I'm guessing) that surrender before the game starts (usually takes a few days to get any MP game going) and I'm guessing that they've got their 4 games full and are growing board waiting. Who knows how many times this happens before we loose them.

The second is the player that joins a bunch of maps, grows tired of waiting and never logs in again. Again. I'm not sure what we can do to retain this type of player.

Sadly other NEW PLAYERS will be stuck on these dead maps where you literally playing with yourself or if lucky 2-3 other players and we run the risk of LOOSING THEM TOO.

Sadly, I can't find online demographics for monthly and daily active users MAU/DAU for this game so I've no clue how many new active folks we've gotten since the game went free. I do know we've ton more of folks that vanish vs the old days.

I noticed when I started up my duplicate I had to play (and win I think) X games against bots before being able to play humans. Do we need something similar against humans, before opening up new players to Multi player games? Perhaps allong with a warning that 4+ player games can be days between moves (espeacially with an international mix of players)?

If its fustrating for me, who has been playing for a year, how much more so to the newer players that can't even ask questions on the chat?
General Discussion » How old are you » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:
  TheDragon wrote:
  Apercent wrote:Dude your in your 50s? What's up Grandpa!
Yup, have 4 of them (oldest 16 is about to stick his big toe in this game) I've a 13 (going on 20) grand daughter thats frighteningly a knock out and 2 littles (7&8 ) who play Enemy territory and Wildwest with me and the other 'grandpas' (wildwest is a fps game I worked on in the 90's that still has a small hard core following)

in order of least weird to most likely to be offensive:

1) awesome another uniwarrior joining us!!
2) I've never heard of Wild West, but i find that games with Indy followings are usually the best games there are. My game of that ilk is Earthbound from the SNES I would say
3) dibs on the grand daughter!

I think that about covers it
Wildwest was a total conversion mod of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. We went as far as we could with the quake engine and sadly could not find a good MP game engine to migrate to. (many good ones only suported 4 human players) There's still an active group that play every Sunday afternoon.
General Discussion » Application for team _____Ski ! YOU could be _____!! » Go to message
Thought for sure I'd get extra credit for the math on question 2.

I've a slight space issue (try to keep a few open for quick bot map tests and other things) but I may be purging a bunch (seems any pickup game with 4 or more players now suffers 50% defection before it starts so sadly will probably stop exploring interesting looking maps I see there (sadly those map creators will not get a good test of their maps and may also join the defections but I've got over half my active games with dead players now.

I've got a duo with cheese and a possible quad with thomas, cheese and cop

but am open for any 'fun' game setup and players.

Also working on collecting players for a go at the Minnas Terth map i saw (should be fun and chaotic) but probably won't launch that till we get player messaging.

Apercent wrote:Dude your in your 50s? What's up Grandpa!
Yup, have 4 of them (oldest 16 is about to stick his big toe in this game) I've a 13 (going on 20) grand daughter thats frighteningly a knock out and 2 littles (7&8 ) who play Enemy territory and Wildwest with me and the other 'grandpas' (wildwest is a fps game I worked on in the 90's that still has a small hard core following)
So this all stems from a convo in game were one of the other players thought we were the rare case. (old) but I bet him that he might be surprised at the demographics for this game.

Please cast your vote and be honest about it.
General Discussion » Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome » Go to message
Sadly this forum isn't the most new user friendly and new folks can't ask the questions they need to in chat. I also agree that we need to keep out the bots. What's a good solution?
General Discussion » List of FAIR and UNFAIR rated maps - Please post!! » Go to message
hmm, had a ranked game against a titan player (smallish map, starting with 2 grunts and 2 bases, no clue as name) and due to teleporting and me going second I was cockblocked from my 3rd base. So in that case it was imballanced but only if titan was player 1 (if titan was second then no issue) we had an interesting conversation about it but at 4 bases to 2 I did loose out (though he said I put up a great defense for what I had)
1. Puppies or kittens.
Puppies, kittens are dangerous (google lazer cat bowling)

2. Earth or Talone.
Girls = Time x Money
Time = Money
Girls = Money x Money = (Money)^2
Money is the root of all evil = Sqrt( Evil)
Girls = ( Sqrt( Evil) )^2
Girls = Evil
Hence gotta go with Earth

3. Square root of 30. God help me if you cheat. Pencil and paper is fine but I will kill a dolphin for each one of you that uses a calculator.
5^2 = 25
6^2 = 36
so somewhere inbetween say 5.4 to 5.5

4. Favorite Uniwar map.
Any of the crazy 8 player maps

5. Favorite Uniwar race.
Bugs then Titans (then humans)

6. Favorite color.
Burgandy & Black, (see avitar)

7. Favorite food.
Ice Cream

8. Colossals? Yay or nay?
meh

9. Best TV show ever?
Firefly (dam fox to hell)

10. Make your own question.
Why?

I'm a casual gamer that would rather have a good time than a 'win at all cost' type of player. See you in game.
Xavi so sadly this is the way most 4+ player pick up games go for the past month or 2 (since game became free)

If you're lucky you have 2-3 players that actually stick arround on an 8 player map the rest either surrender before turn 1 or you spend a week skipping players between each move you make (on a mostly empty map) which sucks both ways.

It's gotten to the point where I don't want to hit [join game] anymore as I'm guarnanteed a repeat of the above (currently have 7 games like the above screen shot)

Do we make joining any game over 3 players a 'purchase' item or something earned after playing X games (or earning X points)? There are some interesting maps and games that now never get a chance as 50+% of the players either bail before starting (because they only have 4 slots and multi player games take time to get going) or go afk (because the game was free and who cares that you bailed on the 4 games you've started.
New Feature Request » Select color for race » Go to message
  xavi wrote:This feature has been planned a long time. It will be a purchase in the shop. It will allow to preset color per race and per theme. When there is a conflict (someone wants to use the same color) then the player order determines who gets its favorite color. For the other player, his 2nd choice will be taken. Possibly we might introduce new colors as well but that is not yet sure... Color selection will come very soon in the shop and should cost about 199 Uni-coins for ALL preselections & a few new colors if we decide to add them at this time (no guarantee)

If you'd like graphics help (for color fill) I've photoshop experiance. Having the basic data base of unit images where those of us with skill can create new color combos for you to review and accept could take some work off of you. You just need to give us the basic parameters.

I for one would love to create a burgandy/black color scheme (my company colors as well) that will not blend into the maps. I've currently got 4 maps where my burried bugs are colormatched to the map. I keep loosing my red bugs in the mountains/swamps of the dark map, my green bugs on the forrest maps and currently I've got orange on the newest game I've just started (blending into the orange background map). I've lost a few of the buggers as even I can't find them.
Guides & Tips » Uniwar Damage Calculator » Go to message
thanks for the link, profile link sn't clickable.
Forum Index Profile for TheDragon »» Messages posted by TheDragon