[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: EVR1022
Forum Index Profile for EVR1022 »» Messages posted by EVR1022
General Discussion » Uniwarriors Tournament Final: Needle vs EVR1022 » Go to message
Needle and I have decided to post screenshots of our match here on the forum. Everything will be on a two round delay so that any comments will not impact the games.

Needle (2547) vs EVR1022 (2525)

Map: Small Island 2.0, by uniKZ

Match-up: Khraleans vs Khraleans

General Discussion » The art of bidding » Go to message
I meant that you would choose this AFTER you get assigned a map and have a chance to review it, but before submitting your first turn.
General Discussion » Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome » Go to message
  xavi wrote:The UNDO turn feature will soon be availabe to EVERYONE. Either through the shop or through optional OPT-IN advertising. The main reason to make it available to everyone is because
1) we consider it a useful and needed feature
2) we want to make sure that no one has an unfair advantage.

I like this solution a lot. Available to everyone, but in a way that supports the game whether they pay for the button or not.
General Discussion » The art of bidding » Go to message
I'm not sure I like the idea of bidding. However, what if we modified this idea -

At the beginning of the game, players are required to rate how balanced they expect the match up to be:

a) winning for blue (+5 points for a blue win, -25 points for a blue loss)
b) edge for blue (+10 points for a blue win, -20 points for a blue loss)
c) balanced (+15 points for a blue win, -15 points for a blue loss)
d) edge for red (+20 points for a blue win, -10 points for a blue loss)
e) winning for red (+25 points for a blue win, -5 points for a blue loss)

Of course, the system would have to average the votes from the two players. But I think something like this might be a better way for players to influence how many points are given / taken for winning / losing a match.
New Feature Request » a [REPLY] button for game PM's » Go to message
Also, storing them somewhere for later access would be great. Multiple times I've accidentally tapped elsewhere as one popped up, and it disappeared FOREVER. But it's a great feature, just needs some tweaks
General Discussion » let the great test begin » Go to message
Sorry for the delay in writing this up - had to finish some tournament games.

The first battle on the map abrasive was very challenging. I took some risks early as the Titans, and it did not pay off. I also tried building a Walker, but that was futile without being able to locate underlings via undo. As Khralaens I simply was unable to counter the mobility of the speeder with a plasma tank supporting.

Next battle I played more fundamentally sound as Titans - lots of speeders, some mecha, a couple eclipse, a plasma, and NO WALKERS. It worked well. I patiently built up my attack then pressed forward and was able to win without too much difficulty. As Khralaens, however, I was unable to do much better. I held out for 25 rounds, but I was on the defensive the entire game. I fought off his first wave but the second wave crushed me. I don't think I can win that match up without undo.
New Feature Request » New unit type 'objective' » Go to message
Could just do a game with no bases and use the engineer / assimilator / infector class as the 'king' of the chess game.
General Discussion » Next Balance Update Discussion April 2016 » Go to message
@ Duaneski

Good points. Swarmer definitely still has it's uses. That map made them particularly appealing against Titan, however, because they had easy cover due to the mountain / lake. Normally you can't build that many without Speeders / Eclipse taking them down.

Also, I meant to put +2 ground light (edited now). 9 is the correct number in my opinion - 2 hit kill not guaranteed, but likely, vs Marine, and more of a coin flip vs Mecha.

In Jan Champ the map size was key - underlings were able to use their speed to pressure bases. Any map where Sapiens can build up the underling shield is far less effective (but also not to be underestimated).
General Discussion » Next Balance Update Discussion April 2016 » Go to message
Khralaen vs Sapien remains a problem match up in my opinion. If you watch the Feb champ round 7 game between Fobos_rus and UniKZ, it's clear that the Khralaens simply have no chance of victory. Marines are just too strong, and the Khrals have no efficient way to take them down. Underlings get annihilated by helicopters. Swarmers don't do enough damage, and are very vulnerable to marines, marauders and helicopters. Garuda vs marines is laughably bad. That leaves the Pinzer and Wyrm, which are both relatively slow, unable to navigate terrain, and too expensive to be an effective countermeasure.

My proposed solutions:

Option A
Buff Swarmer defense +1 and ground light attack +2. This will enable two Swarmers (500c cost) to take down a marine in terrain most of the time. If necessary, the Swarmer could be debited elsewhere. Perhaps -1 aquatic, or -1 aerial (which might help KvK balance as the Garuda becomes a more viable option).

Option B
If it's not the Swarmer's job to kill marines, then it has to be the underling's. Buff ground light attack +2.

Option C
Finally, as always, I offer an 'out of the box' solution. Make it possible to purchase the converted units at a base. Cost would need to be higher than regular infantry, as these units are very strong. The 150c to 200c range seems about right. This likely would require some balancing of their stats and abilities (maybe no teleport for mecha II and no bury for cyber underling so that these abilities are unique to the original race). But an infected marine would be a strong countermeasure to marines, marauders and helicopters. A cyber underling would allow Titans to build an infantry that isn't ponderously slow. A mecha II would probably be useful to sapiens somehow, although I can't think of a specific circumstance at the moment. Sapiens are strongest, anyways, though so who cares about them

Thoughts?

[Edit: mistakenly put +3 instead of +2 in my option A suggestion regarding Swarmer ground attack]
New Feature Request » End Game additions » Go to message
Special base for super-units is a pretty good idea. That way maybe the cost doesn't have to be as much - only available in select situations similar to navy.
Haha, Sapien vs Titan can favor Titans big time if the Sapien doesn't know the proper procedure for breaking a plasma tank front line. But once you learn that it becomes a pretty even match.

Titans vs Khralaens it's all about the underlings. If there is any favorable terrain near the middle of the map they can effectively create a 'no-fly-zone' for Titans. Which doesn't mean they can break through, but should give them at least a draw in most circumstances and a win when they can find a way to break through.
  Duaneski wrote:First:

By race matchup:

SvK - I think in general the longer games here favor the S player currently.

TvS - longer games absolutely favor T

KvT - longer games seem to be pretty balanced, but eventually T will usually have the advantage (depending on map)

Proposition based upon this:
Starting on round 35:
1) Plague can no longer be removed by repairing. This will give K a huge weapon in KvS matches, but shouldn't end the match. This will encourage the S player to try to end the game before 35 turns which should keep the action moving even on those build up maps. I hope.

2) after 35 rounds Walkers range becomes 2-3, but they can move and attack same turn. This will encourage the Titans player to try to move their column forward early to take advantage of range 5... And if they are unable it will make their turtling unnecessary and whatnot.

I disagree on your assessments of TvS (the most balanced in a long game) and KvT (usually favors K, sometimes by a lot).

As far as solutions:

A) Perhaps each base could produce only a finite amount of credits (say, 2000c per base or something in that ballpark).
B) Set a limit on how many credits worth of units can be on the board at the same time for each player.
C) I like the idea of a capital ship class unit for each race to aid in break throughs in late game scenarios. It would have to be very expensive, very slow, and capable of dealing big damage to tank-class units from long range. Could be based on the Carrier / Battlecruiser / Guardian units from Starcraft.
Guides & Tips » Map editor unit error? » Go to message
I'd suggest locking races when using anything greater than a 250c unit, since everything above that has a different cost for each race.
Guides & Tips » Map editor unit error? » Go to message
I think Garuda / Eclipse / Helicopter are considered the same class of unit, while the Tank / Pinzer / Plasma are considered the same class. This makes sense to me. Even though Tank is closer in cost to Garuda / Eclipse, it clearly is more similar to Pinzer / Plasma. Likewise, the Helicopter's primary focus is the aerial battle, just like the Garuda / Eclipse.
General Discussion » let the great test begin » Go to message
Anytime you are ready to start go ahead and send invites. I can probably handle 2 or 3 at once right now.
Forum Index Profile for EVR1022 »» Messages posted by EVR1022