[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UPDATE - New units !
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

My last and favorite new unit idea is the Khralien Arachnid. It has an attack range of two and shoots webs that deal no damage that causes either No Move and Attack, or gets rid of move after attack and extra actions, as well as reducing speed. It would cost 200-300, be ground light, and be a monster against tanks and helicopters.

Since when did we have Racecars with machine guns?
[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

My other two units are
Shielder ground light and costs 150. It is fairly slow and has low stats compared to marine, except a higher defense rating. titans can not teleport within or to 2 hexes of him {SAPIENS}

Drone: aerial and costs 150, super fast, high vision, but 2-4 against all unit types and low defence rating. can see underlings {TITANS}

(I see the shielder as a cross between a ground light tank and a support troop. He would be used to prevent titans from surrounding a base with teleport or to keep them from defending an ally)
(The Drone is there as a cheep scout that can find enemy underlings)

Since when did we have Racecars with machine guns?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Edisontrent7 wrote:My other two units are
Shielder ground light and costs 150. It is fairly slow and has low stats compared to marine, except a higher defense rating. titans can not teleport within or to 2 hexes of him {SAPIENS}

Drone: aerial and costs 150, super fast, high vision, but 2-4 against all unit types and low defence rating. can see underlings {TITANS}

(I see the shielder as a cross between a ground light tank and a support troop. He would be used to prevent titans from surrounding a base with teleport or to keep them from defending an ally)
(The Drone is there as a cheep scout that can find enemy underlings)

I dunno I'm usually excited when a Titan teleports nearby so I can build an engineer and take all his mechas so I don't see the premier ability of your shield guy as being too useful ... Increasing defense of adjacent friendly units seems to fit his name and would play a very useful role in a SvT battle I imagine.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I have a proposal regarding to the restrictions:

Let's have a unit for each race that breaks one rule each.

My 1st Idea:

Sapien Spider Tank: A ground heavy unit that is able to take advantage of mountains with 1-2 range.

Rule Break: Terrain mutability

Khralean Trapper: A ground light unit that has the ability to render an enemy unit useless, but will render itself unmovable alongside with the trapped unit.

Rule Break: New abilities

Titan Transporter: An aerial unit that is able to transport anything over terrain.

Rule Break: Transporters

With these are to be used as special units, units specializing in one aspect, but all 3 would be relatively expensive to spawn, Transporter could be the most expensive (at 600-800) while Trapper being the cheapest (400-600) and Spider Tank being in the middle (500-700), representing the faction type they are (Sapiens: Balanced :: Titans: Powerhouse :: Khraleans: Subversive, for more info, check here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FactionCalculus )

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 20, 2016 07:23

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I like the idea of "Titan Transporter: An aerial unit that is able to transport anything over terrain. " especially if the "anything" in that sentence includes enemy units. Pick up units and drop them somewhere they can be ganged up on.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Lunatyk

[Avatar]
Lunatyk

I have been thinking, and I think that I found what's missing in uniwar without have to create any new ability or do a major change
We need a unit that can move after heal / heal after attack (without moving)
Just like the speeder and the helicopter who can move after he attacks
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Lunatyk wrote:I have been thinking, and I think that I found what's missing in uniwar without have to create any new ability or do a major change
We need a unit that can move after heal / heal after attack (without moving)
Just like the speeder and the helicopter who can move after the attacks

on heal after attack, Marauder technically has one when spliting its 2 actions for a heal and an attack. Heal after move could turn Swarmer or Garuda into a good unit.

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

LkASr wrote:
Heal after move could turn Swarmer or Garuda into a good unit.

What good would that do? What imbalance would it resolve or needed tactical option would that create?
I think you have so many ideas, but many of them are just thrown out there without a proper explenation of why its needed... not all ideas will work so well as they sound cool...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Lunatyk

[Avatar]
Lunatyk

LkASr wrote:on heal after attack, Marauder technically has one when spliting its 2 actions for a heal and an attack. Heal after move could turn Swarmer or Garuda into a good unit.

Yes marauder is the only unit actually capable of doing it.
I was talking about new units, not changing actual ones (swarmers and garudas are good as they are)
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

if the titans would have a drone, here's a design I have

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21, 2016 03:22

mistercreepy

mistercreepy

So...I mean I really do love the cosmetic and ui changes that have been implemented. And while freemium and ads are a bummer, I'm 100% in favor of the devs getting more money.

But...new unit? Pretty please? I've been playing for five years. I'm so looking forward to the epicness of new units. Thanks!!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I think these are probably my 'best' units which would immediately fit into the game... Some of these ideas (the sniper for sure) probably already exist on here. Anyway, wanted to make sure I had the ideas which could potentially work on here. Much love.

Turret (saps or Titans)
Pros - gives the race a very effective 'hold this base' unit. Very good for flanks I imagine. Utility of unit off a base is quite diminished but can still be situationally useful?
Cons - I think this is my best unit ... just one opinion though
GH
Cost 300
Mobility 4
Vision 3
GL 10
GH 7
Air 7
Aq 7
Range 1-3
Def 12
Repair rate 2
The Exo turret can not move and attack in the same turn.

Archangel - Khral
Pros- it's like a frickin flying dragon. Would give the bugs a high cost hammer type unit.
Cons - I don't know, I guess that's a frickin flying dragon.. I don't see this interacting well with walkers.
Aerial
Cost 800
Actions per turn: 1
Mobility 7
Vision 6
GL 12
GH 8
Aerial 9
Aq 9
Range 1-3
Defense 8
Repair 1

Sniper - saps or Titans
Pros- very specific role. Specialized unit.
Cons - I love infectors / engineers and this is like the anti infector.. I dunno.
Cost - 225
Actions per turn: 1
Mobility 7
Vision 5
GL 12
GH n/a
Aerial n/a
Aq n/a
Range 3-4
Defense 3
Repair 1

Snipers can not move and attack in the same turn.

Tank Hunter - Probably Saps
Pros: Would give saps a Swarmer-like tool to help break a Titan shell.
Cons - too similar to battery?
GH
Cost 700
Mobility 9
Vision 3
GL 5
GH 12
Air n/a
Aq 12
Range 2
Def 4

Is able to move and attack in the same turn.
This unit can move after attack with a mobility of 6.

Cerius0034

Cerius0034

I think there needs to be more units with 2 actions per turn. Maybe a jet for the sapiens? Also commandos would be neat with bonus in marsh but not necessarily amphibious.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

hello again and thx for the feedback so far

some updates.

- there will be 3-4 new units pr race , of wich 2 will be amphibious/aquatic
- they will come one at a time - possibly in prmotional tourneys
- they will come in beta first and tested there
- they can be bought with unicoins. you can either buy unicoins or earn them through achievements/rewards (wich are coming before the new units)
- tourney rules will determine if the new units are in a tourney or not - not ownership.
- some of the earlier restrictions on new units are subject to possible change - for example: we consider area dammage/effects - this does not mean that the wildest ideas are doable

We would still like your ideas about abilities, names and units - and also wich scenario it will contribute to make better or interesting. For example something that affect : mass swarmer battles, entrenched titan walker/plasma or mass speeder vs mass marauder battles.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

simsverd wrote:hello again and thx for the feedback so far

some updates.

- there will be 3-4 new units pr race , of wich 2 will be amphibious/aquatic
- they will come one at a time - possibly in prmotional tourneys
- they will come in beta first and tested there
- they can be bought with unicoins. you can either buy unicoins or earn them through achievements/rewards (wich are coming before the new units)
- tourney rules will determine if the new units are in a tourney or not - not ownership.
- some of the earlier restrictions on new units are subject to possible change - for example: we consider area dammage/effects - this does not mean that the wildest ideas are doable

We would still like your ideas about abilities, names and units - and also wich scenario it will contribute to make better or interesting. For example something that affect : mass swarmer battles, entrenched titan walker/plasma or mass speeder vs mass marauder battles.

One of my ideas I put in:

Special units: 1 for each race (depends on unit type), each ignore 1 given restriction. so far, I put in the sapien spider tank, the khralean trapper, and the titan transporter

Forum Index » New Feature Request