[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UniWar 2 Suggestions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
TEAMDRESCH

TEAMDRESCH

I would like to be able to choose my army's color instead of always playing two player red vs blue. Maybe customize like in 'Reign of Swords'. But you could change it as desired or if someone else in the game has already chosen that color.
Thanks for making a great game!
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

I personally have always thought that playing Titans vs. Khraleans is way too time consuming since you have to sit and analyze where buried underlings are on every turn. I refuse to play this matchup due to this fact. In Starcraft/BroodWar (what this game seems to based on), every race has a detector. I personally believe that assimilators (I think that's the name for the Titans healer) and the Sapiens engineer should have the ability to detect buried underlings. Determining the range of detection would obviously have to be balanced...
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Hmmmm
Would having the game not tell you what race the enemy player(s) is/are add to strategy? Or would it just be annoying
And choosing your color is a greatttt idea!!!!!!

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

-choosing your own color. i agree with this.
-way bigger maps, with bigger battles, and more teams.
-a clan system would be awesome, it would also be good for the community.
-an Area Of Affect unit (also known as AoE) that can do damage in a circle around it.
-maybe different buildings you can capture, like instead of a base that can build battle units, maybe a mine, or a power plant that increases the amount of points you get, or a building that can upgrade units and bases.
-new terrain, i.e. hazards (lava, quicksand, spikes, ect.) if you end a turn on it you lose a certain amount of health, teleporting pads maybe, that bring you to another side of the map, and healing pads, that heal you when you end your trun on it.
-more non attacking units, like support units, that increase defense, or boost speed.
- OMG how about like a hero unit?!?! each race has a very expensive (or earned through kills and bases captured) that has more health, and does more damage, and gives weaker units bonuses!
-more units that can go on water, and maybe some units that are invulnerable to damage doing terrain... (hint hint.. haha)
-defense units that dont move, and that the player can place, and attack on there own maybe, like towers you can place, that attack enemies when they end there turn in its range.

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
teakan

teakan

Lots more player vs computer maps! I play Uniwar when I'm working out in the gym or before I got to sleep at night, so I very rarely play multiplayer mode because of the waiting. I would be willing to pay a serious premium for a generous amount of single player maps in Uniwar 2. I've played all the single player maps so many times! Or make it to where you can play the computer on the multiplayer maps... or a map editor would be amazing.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

MuRLoCk wrote: -choosing your own color. i agree with this.
-way bigger maps, with bigger battles, and more teams.
-a clan system would be awesome, it would also be good for the community.
-an Area Of Affect unit (also known as AoE) that can do damage in a circle around it.
-more non attacking units, like support units, that increase defense, or boost speed.

I agree with all this, all very good ideas although be careful with the AOE thing, can be badly done. Having bigger scales battle and multiple teams could be fun too!

MuRLoCk wrote: -maybe different buildings you can capture, like instead of a base that can build battle units, maybe a mine, or a power plant that increases the amount of points you get, or a building that can upgrade units and bases.
-new terrain, i.e. hazards (lava, quicksand, spikes, ect.) if you end a turn on it you lose a certain amount of health, teleporting pads maybe, that bring you to another side of the map, and healing pads, that heal you when you end your trun on it.
- OMG how about like a hero unit?!?! each race has a very expensive (or earned through kills and bases captured) that has more health, and does more damage, and gives weaker units bonuses!
-defense units that dont move, and that the player can place, and attack on there own maybe, like towers you can place, that attack enemies when they end there turn in its range.

But not with that...
You're taking Uniwar on a whole different scale, check my earlier posts of this thread and you'll see why. Making a hero while the player is winning gives him a sure win, while having none let's the opportunity to the losing player to turn the tides of battle.
And defense units that can't move? Turrets? Meh IMO Uniwar is doing fine without it.
Not so sure about the hazardous terrain, maybe the damaging one but surely not the healing one. Then again, like it was said you need to point the devs to the right direction, not tell them what they should add

-more units that can go on water, and maybe some units that are invulnerable to damage doing terrain... (hint hint.. haha) <-------- Didn't understand that one...

Hoping I wasn't too harsh on you

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
MasonC

MasonC

I think it would be fun to have a assassin that could kill weak units from behind instantly but can not attack when the unit is facing it and attacks the same as all the other units from the side and maybe a unit that if it gets in a range of three down from the enemy base it can steal 50 credits from the enemy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26, 2010 19:18

MasonC

MasonC

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a sort of digger unit that can dig a trench. So that if a buried underling passes through you can see it and it would lower the defense and attack of any unit to go in it. If a heavy unit where to go in they would be trapped. The digger unit could also fill in a hole but a digger could also hinder more than help if it were to dig a trench all around its own base trapping some of its own units until he fills the trench in again. It can only dig holes in the flat terrain.
MasonC

MasonC

or a unit that lowers the mobility of whatever it attacks then can retreat
MasonC

MasonC

bring down the heli they are to strong!!!
Make the heli have a price of 450 and bump some points of!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 26, 2010 19:19

MasonC

MasonC

I also think that it would be fun to have a race of Mutants like a experiment gone wrong
CycloneEX

CycloneEX

Two words: Map editor. I would love to be able to make my own maps and be able to play on them. I don't think being able to play on custom maps online would be a good idea, but I do want to be able to make my own maps. Maybe you you incorporate a 'submit' feature that submits it to your data base and ya'll can take the ones you like and incorporate them into future updates.

btw, when will this game be out? it's been 2010 for some time now. Is it gonna be late in the fall or something?

well, while I'm at it I might as well make a few more suggestions.

Hmm... le'see... well as for the three races, I can't think of much to improve, but it would be nice to see a few more races. or just totally new races...

Oh, and what about this for an attack, self-destruct. the unit sacrifices itself to damage the the enemy. and two races could have a unit that does this attack. One race, the attack is it's only command. while the other race it self destructs upon defeat. the more hp it has at the time of death, the more damage.

So, what do ya'll think? Feedback is appreciated.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Okay
I like the green text.
When UW2 is released, a map editor will be included.
I myself am unsure when it will be out, but I am not a develepor or anything :(
New races-
1. I like these three we have right now...the rock paper scissors effect/ the "triangle" of the races being stronger or weaker against each other..a fourth race would disrupt that
2. Just try to think of a new race...they have the humans, the alien/organic guys, and the robots!!
Self destruct..idk, maybe it is a good or bad idea, I'm not going to jugde that
But if it does more damage the more hp it was when it dies...it will always have 0 hp when it dies ^_^
Your ideas are appreciated :D

Sorry if i offended you
Britannia

Britannia

I think that you NEED to include a fourth race with Uniwar 2. If you don't, then all you're really doing is making an update and packaging it seperately. The only way I'm going to pay for Uniwar 2 is if it includes major renovations. Please continue to upgrade Uniwar as necessary and use it as a testing ground, but Uniwar is mostly a finished product. Yes, there are some things that would make searching for games easier and the like, but only the successor to the game can introduce truely novel concepts to the Uniwar scene.

As for the rock-paper-scissors thing, I always felt that was a terrible metaphor.... There are too many complications and other factors for it to be simplified down that far.... What would it even be? Would it be Saps-Khrals-Titans? I've played plenty of battles where I've destroyed Titans, and plenty more where I've gotten destroyed by Titans (both scenarios as Khraleans).

After generally looking through everyone elses suggestions, I'm going to recap the ones I would want to see in Uniwar 2. Remember these are NEW GAME IDEAS, and not supposed to be renovations of online ladder and such.
----Fourth Race (Before you argue, read above paragraphs, Uniwar 2 is GOING to require major overhaul because YES, it is a new game. My idea for the new race would by crystalline-looking creatures. As for the fourth race's healer, its special ability could be to entirely reset the field's FoW or and AoE +1 healing, which combined with it's natural healing multiplier would create a very unique defensive strategy)
----Area of Effect Units (much like the asimilators ability to do a little damage over a wide area, except this would be the new creatures ACTUAL attack range. You could make them powerful, but do damage to both enemies and friendlies or play with how long their range would be.)
----1 or 2 new types of unites per race (see Area of Effect units)
----Alliances, though I'm not quite sure what it would entail. You could have alliance rankings, collective rank of everyone in the alliance. Then the alliance head could create team games with "enemy alliances".
----Map Editor, for unrated games only, of course, though every week we could have a temporary player map of the week which could be used to create rated games.
----1 new special ability per race, it would make gameplay much more technical when it needed to be.

I am a huge proponent of the fourth race, remember my idea for the Crystalline race! As for their healer, it wouldn't be that difficult to introduce it and keep it balanced. There are tons of ideas for what it could do (see above for two), another idea would be to for it to have EMP, UV Ray, and Plague, but not be able to reprogram any units (of course this healer would have to cost more and have less mobility to compensate)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 17, 2010 07:43

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

"Make the heli have a price of 450 and bump some points of!!"
Thats not what I call nerfing... AND DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! WE DON'T NEED 5 POSTS OF YOUR STUPIDITY EVERY TIME ALL RIGHT???
If at LEAST they were intelligent I wouldn't mind, but come one... Assassins? Steal creds? What the fuck will an underling do with 50 credits on himself or, in that matter, any other units? They're soldier, not personal banks!

CycloneEX: Map editore IS indeed needed, nuff said. Dunno when the game will be out though, if it'll ever be. And I'm a bit sceptic for the suicide unit, but meh why not? I like green text too

Chess is not rock-paper-scissors, and I prefer the aspect of chess over RPS any time. Heh hybrid units, I'll lol to that, but then you'll need 3 new races: Cyrber-khraleans, Reprogrammed-titans (gone rebel, I dunno) and Infected-sapiens. That's a VERY vague idea, and not sure if it's good, but I'll definitively laugh at that
And murlock, i would suggest more new units that 1 or 2, you wanted a new game after all...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » New Feature Request