[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: dr. pepper
Forum Index Profile for dr. pepper »» Messages posted by dr. pepper
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.98 UNDERWATER units for pre-purchase » Go to message
Only Xavi can answer that question...
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.98 UNDERWATER units for pre-purchase » Go to message
We're now on day 11 (including weekends) and day 8 if you exclude them. C'mon Apple!
Average time for an IOS app to be approved is 8 days. We're on day 9.
Sapiens » Dealing with Salamander spam. » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:
And I don't like the idea of buffing the Fuze. For its cost I think it does plenty. I would rather see one defense point subtracted from Sally at this point. Make him a little more susceptible to damage in general.... but theres no science to that decision honestly

I really do believe the Fuze is underpowered for its' cost. Therefore, I think it should be buffed. Problem is that I think Saps are currently stronger than Titans, and it might create a further imbalance.

Not sure what the current opinion is on the balance between Saps vs. Khraleans. My only comment is similar to what others have expressed where I think Saps struggle (vs. Khral) on smaller reef/water heavy maps where unit compositions are more limited.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.97 with REWARDED AD to build any unit & full turn undo » Go to message
Does this include the new units or is that a separate release? If separate, when?
General Discussion » Fuze » Go to message
I think everyone understands that overall balance is important, but it's also important to compare units of the same class with similar credits. When you're evaluating balance on a map that has lots of swamps and reefs, and the Fuze is underpowered when compared to the Mantisse and Salamander, that would definitely contribute to Sapiens struggling on these types of maps.

In another thread, I pointed out that the Sapiens have less anti-air options (the Fuze and Bopper are both quite weak against air) than other races and this is especially true on maps with swamps and reefs where marines are not a viable anti-air unit. My complaint was that Sapiens are forced into a single strategy consisting of Helis + Marauders when their opponent is a Khraleans player.

For reference, here are the options both races have for decent anti-air damage:

Sapiens
Marines
Marauders
Helis
Batteries

Titans
Mecha
Speeders
Plasma Tanks
Eclipse
Mantisse
Guardian
Walker

I think everybody would also acknowledge that Batteries and Walker are a lot more situational and not always viable dependent on the map, etc. So take away marines and batteries (smaller swampy / reefy map) and you're left with 2! units to deal with anti-air. That's ridiculous...
Sapiens » Dealing with Salamander spam. » Go to message
  R3dRevenge wrote:Hello all,

I'm a returning player (2,300 player) who decided to get back into the game due to the new units and updated systems. I made a new account and began playing.

Recently, I've ran into the problems against Salamander spam on heavily watered maps and low/mid income (300-400).

The game that I'm currently playing is on Frozen Islands Refurbished (sorry I can't display a picture). Basically my opponent spends his begining 2-3 turns purchasing 5-6 Salamanders and spreads them across the maps pressuring my city income. Then he begins purchasing his airforce (Swarmer + Garudas).

The problem is Saps Fuze unit is terrible against air units and is pretty weak when damaging defense 10 Salamanders. I've found that Helicopers + Maruders are the most effective way with dealing with this strategy, however the constant plague backlash is brutal on my units.

I'm beginning to think that Salamanders are incredibly strong or Fuze being to weak leading to an imbalance.

What do you think? Any advice?

There's a thread in the General Discussion board about the Fuze being weak (http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2948.page) and I also responded in another thread (http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/30/2857.page) where I made the point that the Fuze is the weakest amphibian and also that Saps have less anti-air than other races). I've experienced similar problems on maps that have a lot of water, reefs, and swamps. Typically, marines are one of the most cost efficient ways to deal with a lot of Khralean units.

But when you're on a water heavy map with the aforementioned tiles, marines become useless when you take into account the negative attack and defense adjustments. So that leaves you with limited options to deal with Salamanders, Swarmers, and Garudas. In fact, you're really only left with Helis, Marauders, and Batteries that deal significant air damage and batteries are too susceptible unless they're adequately protected. So it's pretty much Helis + Marauders or bust on these types of maps, which is especially awful when you consider marauders can't even travel on reefs.

I've said it over and over again, but the Fuze needs some slight buffs to a combination of a couple different values including mobility, defense strength, aerial attack, or armor piercing to aerial. Without it, I do not see how you're supposed to win on these types of maps. I'd be interested in hearing from the top players on how to win SvK on reef / swamp maps
Try winning Sapiens vs Khraleans on a reef heavy map. Not happening. You can't use marines as they have large negative bonuses. Use fuze and you get owned by salamanders and swarmers. It's not a fair fight at all.
  simsverd wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:With the right terrain, with a proper screen... they're utterly dominant. I don't think they need changed stat wise. I wouldn't be against a total rework

We dont plan to change fuze much.. its a good unit when protected properly.. its a cheap unit with range so it have to be a little fragile...

A little fragile is a drastic understatement. Why should I have to spend a lot of credits protecting a unit that specializes in damaging ground light units (I realize it attacks aquatics but those are ranged as well and they won't be able to prevent melee attack)? I might as well buy 2 marines, not have to worry that a single counter attack will cripple my 200 credit paper weight, and deal just as much damage in the process.

I do understand the need to protect units (especially blaster units) that have the ability to deal significant damage to ground heavy since they're the only units that can cost effectively deal with ground heavy. But for the price of a Fuze, I could just build 2 marines...
  Pento wrote:I didn't really wanna compare the amphibian units. (Anyway I agree with you pepper).

I just don't know why I should get it. Seems to be useless because other units do the job better.
Of course it can help but it's not a threat at all. If my opponent's builds a fuze I am happy that he didn't invest it in two Marines.
It's so easy to kill and does so little damage that I don't really care about it. One attack with a basic unit is enough and the fuze is out of play because it will do even less damage or it takes ages to repair.

It needs better defense and repair rate or something else to make it outstanding.

Make it a real infantry killer or make it real quick; give it a step back or a healing funcion.

Whatever!

But fuze is useless the way it is.( Or: not worth the credits you spend)

Not only is it weak compared to other amphibians, it's weak compared to other units as well. It's pretty much weak all around
Khraleans » Salamanders and how to deal with them. » Go to message
  Shadowstrike1 wrote:Basically any race, but mostly sapiens.

They're hard to deal with in swamps so avoid attacking them there if possible. Marines with terrain bonuses can take them out cost effectively. Marauders can still easily outmaneuver them by utilizing their ability to attack twice. Additionally, their attack vs. air is pretty weak so helis deal with them effectively as well. And finally, you can use Fuze but you have to keep them protected or they get owned if they get attacked by a salamander.
  wookieontheweb wrote:If there are enough swamps on a level then an army of fuse can be very effective. Their range and cheap cost means they can devastate most light and medium ground units. They can gang up quite effectively against naval units too. However their aerial attack is pathetic and i agree it feels like it needs a boost.

If there are plenty of swamps, it means amphibians are more likely to be used due to terrain bonuses but that doesn't mean that the Fuze stacks up well when compared to other amphibians, which is what I've done in another post. It seems to me the Fuze is now the weakest amphibian by far.

Most of its' value lies in the 1-2 range, but it's weaker in every other category when compared to its' counterparts (Salamander, Mantisse).
Khraleans » Salamanders and how to deal with them. » Go to message
  Shadowstrike1 wrote:Hello!

I am a relatively new player, who does not know some counters for specific troops.
As it turns out, I have managed to draw a blank, and I have no idea how to deal with Salamanders.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Sincerely, Shadowstrike1

(also, how do I change which forum I post this in? Thanks)

With which race?
General Discussion » upcoming balance changes April » Go to message
  LkASr wrote:
  Pento wrote:
  killermax636 wrote:
ANYTHING that has a lower price or a longer range than it is its counter, believe it or not. Shorter range, higher price and inability to repair make guardian a unit that you need to consider extremely carefully before you build one.

Advantages guardian:

Guardian can attack ALL Sapien units (except fuze) without receiving counter damage.
Within the average damage it causes normal terrain/mountain in order of cheap to expensive sapien unit with FIRST attack

Marine: 6/7
Engineer: 9/10
Fuze:8/9
Marauder:6/7
Bopper 9/10
Tank 4/5
Heli 4/5
Battery: 7/8

This unit is meant to be a TANK buster, but actually it can kill everything easily. With two guardians you can kill EVERY sapien unit in one round without receiving any counter damage. I don't see why you have to consider extremely to get it.
"High" price?!
It's fast!! cheap!! ( I prefer 3 guardians instead of two helis) and deals with everything.

tell that to the borfly rush in small maps in a kvt, motherf'kers just rek your plasma like it was nothing, 6 gh atk with 50% ap for 200 is too much, it's a bit unnoticeable with not having to attack after move, but it will if they get in range

I actually pointed this out in another thread, but borfly's are definitely hard to position. Seems fairly easy to maneuver around them without the borfly's ability to move before attacking.
General Discussion » upcoming balance changes April » Go to message
While I agree that you can deal with the guardian with cheaper units, guardians are still a bit strong when compared to tanks.

I don't typically build guardians unless my opponent is going tanks. A single guardian shot on a tank deals 4-6 damage without taking return fire.

I don't think they're badly overpowered anymore, but they're still more cost efficient than tanks.
Forum Index Profile for dr. pepper »» Messages posted by dr. pepper