[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Solitary
Forum Index Profile for Solitary »» Messages posted by Solitary
Sapiens » new units and races,new modes of battles » Go to message
She even makes the same spelling mistakes as you? >.<
The message from samantha is the same as the message from elementFIRE before it was edited, omg xD.
What's New in the Latest Updates » New Race Balancing Proposal - Sept 2010 » Go to message
Just out of interest as no-one has addressed this, what's wrong with my idea of nerfing swamer ground heavy damage and making it cheaper? Swarmers do high damage against marines and whilst they are weak against helicopters it's only a big deal atm because you need to kill 2.5 marines to get your money back. What if they had really low ground heavy attack and only cost 200 credits? Hell, even if you lowered their ground light attack or their def by one point as well they'd still be a massive threat if they were that much cheaper to produce as atm a lot of maps are 200 credits/turn and it would allow you to make one a turn.

Given that all other races either have cheap healing or a cheap tank, khrals you have to spend 350 credits for the cheapest unit capable of taking any damage and with swarmer taking 6-9 damage from a full hitpoint heli then you're left without any real way of defending yourself on small maps (attack being another form of defense xD). I don't know how it would affect khral vs khral to do that but I don't really care about that matchup because however people play it then it's still fair. Khral vs titan I don't see a cheaper swarmer being a big deal as it would still be going up against eclipse and would have nerfed ground heavy attack so you wouldn't be able to employ a single unit strategy.

I might be wrong about the key area of imbalance, but if it's wrong I'd be interested in a reason why it's wrong as I think it's a more accurate solution to the khral/sapien matchup than has been posted so far!
New Feature Request » unit upgrades, and other ideas » Go to message
So when the game is actually pretty well balanced between races you'd suggest a random mix of ideas from other games to unbalance it again, so the developers can rebalance it xD.
Maybe you should get good with the old units before saying that xD.
What's New in the Latest Updates » New Race Balancing Proposal - Sept 2010 » Go to message
Did you even read the above posts Hach xD. Raising wyrm air attack when it's already so high is an awful idea as that would allow you basically to one shot a helicopter, which is a 500 credit unit. Wyrms are already very powerful agaiinst helis and if you are at the stage of sniping at them with a wyrm you are also at the stage where you have enough units to have a strategic fight. Also wyrm is at the wrong end of the cost spectrum to equalise the matchup because the issue is controlling marine spam, not helicopters. Likewise, infector is a support unit and if you don't protect it properly then that's kind of your own lookout. Any issues you raise with the maps will be fixed by a level editor which was announced in a future patch and adding new and more balanced maps, atm there's very few balanced maps.

Just my two cents!
General Discussion » Code of Conduct » Go to message
Sounds good . Maybe have the abandoning rate stat only increase if you quit round two or three as well, I do get that a lot of players won't want to play people who are 500 points below them as in most cases you won't get a good game out of a 1500 player if they join your game xD. Or maybe just have a minimum rating option when you create a game?
Increasing the cost of assimilator after boosting it up is a definate no for me (in response to Sphink) xD. All those changes seem fine to me apart from raising the def of the assimilator, and changes to assimilator are a good way of keeping the power adjustment mostly affecting that matchup. The underling resurface bonus being altered won't affect khrals vs saps so much Sphink as that tends to be mostly marines who will get owned by resurface bonus anyways, and helis which are flying units. I'm mostly not keen on raising the def of the assimilator because I think with the extra power it's just gained then you should be able to one-shot it, as it's a cheap unit anyways. I'm sure that the other changes will level out the matchup quite well by themselves as it's not *that* uneven a matchup to begin with (one of the reasons I liked this game so early on was race balance is far better than in most games of this ilk).

I do agree saps seem to have a bit of an edge over khrals but I'm not sure if it's map related or strategy related, for ages aLoN was representing khrals and answered lion3's challenge in that area quite definitively. One thing I'll say that I don't like about khrals is the unit costing: saps = 100, 200, 250, 400, 500, 550; titans = 100, 200, 250, 400, 500, 750; khrals = 100, 250, 300, 350, 450, 550 and the larger gap between the cheapest unit and the second cheapest unit can make it pretty tough to get going. If I was altering saps vs khrals I would nerf the swarmer slightly and make it cheaper (probably the ground heavy attack and/or the def.

General Discussion » Code of Conduct » Go to message
Is there a way of adding a rule against rating inflation by abusing the quitting within 3 rounds rule? I've missed out on quite a lot of points in rated games where people start off a game with some trappy but unsound opening, then quit if I don't fall for it.

It's pretty annoying to have someone quit a lost game and not lose any rating points over it xD.
New Feature Request » Scamble should be taken off the map list. » Go to message
Excellent, thank you kralux \o/.
New Feature Request » Teaching » Go to message
He's right that the other top scores are cheating as well. I think aLoN is the highest ranked legit player who's not abusing the system or hacking, although that might just be me favouring the orginal champion of uniwar xD.
Scramble is just not a good map, no-one can beat blue sapiens if played correctly anyways (and I'll prove that against anyone). The only people who've beaten me as blue sapiens were using hacks to alter the damage of my units xD. I stopped playing the map anyways after I realised it was just a straight up wni for blue as I dislike inflating my rating with boring games!
To expand on that a little, I've encountered a lot of players who use scramble to inflate their rating with trappy play and then just abandon before the 3 rounds are up if you counter it. Also 70% of the games I see every time I log in are either on scramble or too close which are both maps where that type play is workable xD. I don't see any merit in those maps existing in their current format as they are purely orientated towards cheap wins and without some modification to the map or to the rules then they are worthless >.<.
Scamble should be taken off the map list. Or, a feature which requires that if your unit has taken damage or if you are beng captured, that you still lose rating points. Most of the mid-high ranked players I meet are complete garbage who can only play well on "gotcha" maps.
General Discussion » Anonymous Not Allowed to Post Anymore » Go to message
Ok! I challenge asdf, I will not reveal your real name under any circumstances but I believe you're a noob and if you want to meet me in battle on dead monk I will report back your skill level regardless of the result and I will not reveal your name or rating. If you demonstrate to me you are not a noob, I will back you in statements you make on this forum.

Accept this challenge or admit yourself as a poser, there is no way my rating should intimidate you or the number of games I have played.
Forum Index Profile for Solitary »» Messages posted by Solitary