[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: amidama
Forum Index Profile for amidama »» Messages posted by amidama
General Discussion » any info about runiwar » Go to message
I do see here and there something about runiwar but only in bits and pieces.
Is there any place where all the drama about it is combined together?
Im sure there is enough for for a whole book! hehe
Bug Reports » few things that would allow to win easier » Go to message
(i will tell how to use it to admins/moderators, to prevent everyone else from using it)

I just won a game against somebody with a score of 2300+ (yeah, im proud)
Im just playing for few days and of course it would be possible without some cheating
During that game I found two ways that in total gave me an advantage of about 30% of an army.
I didnt see anything similar in texts in game or forum so far, so i guess its a "loophole" or "bug"
Game version is 1.8.47

And some bad news: aparently there is no easy fix for it, if i understand it correctly.
And im pretty sure that if Ive found it during my 20 games some people from torunaments did it too.

P.S. I want to say sorry to that guy. he plays really well and even with this I barely was able to win
Guides & Tips » How to ensure that game is ballanced, for admin » Go to message
Simplest way is to give players easier access to selecting prefered race in matches (like by default its selected as sapiens, untill changed), and then calculate how much people prefere each race.

It may work as it is, but i guess people play worse on a non-favorite race.

another thing is to calculate total damage done by each type of unit divided by cost and number of such units per game.

example: two mariners have done a 10 damage to a mech and received 6 damage in total
then mariners on average gave profit of
10/10(health of mech)*100(price of mech)=100
while cost of this attack for mariners was
6/10(total health lost by mariners)*100(price)=60
then two mariners made a profit of 100-60=40 resources.
and /2 to grt per mariner its a 20 profit per mariner. (or 20% of it price on average)

tank repaired and gained 2 hp.
then it made a profit of 2/10*400=80 score (or 20% of it price)

engineer was near and he increased repair by +2
then a profit of another 2/10*400=80 was made (or 40% of price of engineer)

assimilator activated UV and done 6 damage to mariners nearby
then 6/10*100=60 (or 30% of it price)

by analizing each unit using this or similar formula from all games you will able to clearly see which unit does the most profit for player. (it will be repair units, i guess)

also by analizing 2200+ and 1700+ and 1700- players separately you will see how people are using units.

it will give much more accurate representation that people moaning or calculation in excel

it doesnt require UI, just some magic with ready data from replays

P.S. probably its already implemented? but then battery, leviathan, plasma, mech, assimilator would be changed already...
Khraleans » Khraleans. Youre favorite khralena unit and why » Go to message
Infector is the best unit in this game as for me.
first is everlasting (in real game at least, hehe) plague! it deals something like 5-10 damage per turn even on a small map. Not much units may deliver similar damage! Another thing is a repair of x3 and keeping in mind that khraleans units like pinzer and garuda have x2 repair, it means 6 hp per unit repearing per turn. repearing pinzer may absorb damage from artilery and tank and helicopter, just sitting there and healing. same with garuda against bunch of helicopters. for saps making engineer will give only a +2 hp per turn, unlike +6 for garuda.
infector may stand far from targets. plague will spread by itself from retrearing units and healing may be done far away from enemies.
another thing is a infecting mariners, which gives you a +100 credits, and to enemy -100 credits, for a total difference of 200 credits between you and enemy. and mariners are actually used, unlike underling (sometimes) and mech(rarely).

So in total for spending 300 credits we got a 200 credits per infecting and 10-20 hp difference (you-enemy) per turn. its an absolute winner. the only problem is that im always loosing the infector before it does any useful, hehe

what i would do is to allow plague to spread on own units, underlings.
they are absolutely useless anyway, but with this they will deal more damage by plague, than tuey couls do by themself.
General Discussion » First impression » Go to message
Hello. I just got all victories to get access to the forum!
And I wanted to say a lot of different things, so i will just call it first impression topic.

Ive finished campaign on hard. most missions are very easy, but 7 and20 are much harder to finish. especialy mission 7, its nearly impossible and its the beginning! Probably it has something to do with last mariner nerf? But seriously, mission 7 alone gave me the most problems in the campaign. Mission 20 is literally impossible to pass without cheating and putting tanks (or teleporting mechs) in front as a bait for ships. Person would not ever spend all their ships attacking slow and well armored tanks, but AI does. The rest of missions are very easy even on hard.

Ranked games. Half of my game list is infected with people who done few turns and then the dissapear. Now i will have to wait for 3 days to clear my game list. Its awfull.

Game usually last for 30 turns, with 24h limit it could last for month. A few games per month? thats really dissapointing.

In online list i have 12 victories, but above there is a W:5, i guess its 5 victories. Why is it so?

Can i have ranked games wirh bot? (looks like free rating for me. but is absolutely dumm)

Chat require 1700 rating. its like a few months of playing with problems listed above!
So i cant talk with people to try to find those who will not dont just a turn per day.
And forum isnt awailable before 5 wins either.
Are you collecting people who dont need to speak, and throwing away everyone else? hehe
Ah yeah, no talking in private chat before email validation is another thing like that.
absolutely evrrything in this game is designed to stop people from speaking!

Balance
Titans will absolutely sure win on a big map with lots of empty bases because of teleport.
Titans will win for sure on a small maps with lots of mountains and roads because their artilery has bigger range.
Titans will lose on a open map because their plasma has just 1 repair.
In short titans win or lose depends on a map, and not much on everything else as for me.

sapiens are just for comparing other races to it
Why people talk about mariners on mountains but not mechs on mountains? mechs are better by stats

Khraleans are cool! and their plague is the best! absolutely love it.
and garuda, and pinzer, and x3 healer infector.

Where are any suicide units? aparently this game is based on SC, and sc had plenty of suicidal units. infected terrain, reaper, ghost with nuke
Forum Index Profile for amidama »» Messages posted by amidama