[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Abie
Forum Index Profile for Abie »» Messages posted by Abie
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.8.95 submitted in BETA to Google Play » Go to message
Why not put an option where you can choose if you want the green or not? I personally like the way it is. But maybe an option in settings makes more sense? We get the option if we want to display the terrain benefits.
General Discussion » Next Balance Update Discussion April 2016 » Go to message
  Kroeger wrote:Thank you everyone for your input. It seems like we all agree that +1 or +2 G.L. would serve the Swarmer well. I will give Xavi my best recommendation on this.

I have a concern I would appreciate being discussed.

With added team play, I am noticing that mecha expansion is in many team maps is unstoppable. Currently, if you are playing team ranked and don't have a titan, I believe you will loose 33% immediately due to maps. Let's brainstorm a solution. The only solution I have heard that I like is to reduce the Mecha's sight while he is disabled. This would dramatically slow down the titans rate of expansion, right? This would also help cut down extra "undo exploration" from the titans. Please discuss pros and cons?

I agree with Titan Mecha vision reduction when it teleports and is disabled. It's a fantastic idea! Why didn't I think of that?

Secondly, can we address the Garuda??
General Discussion » Championship May? » Go to message
Abie has a map he made that he can try! But I don't know if it's tournament worthy.
Pick one of my maps.
Is there going to be a Championship May tournament?
It is not so easy to use a game as an example. For example my Garuda thoughts where I never use it how can I provide example of a game? I never use the stupid thing.

With regards to K units having abilities, well what can you say? How can you produce a replay of giving a Garuda Or Swarmer a Move after attack?

General Discussion » Impossibly low damage in tournament? » Go to message
  tadpole wrote:
Both games in a mirrored tournament are seeded with the same random numbers. Something in your two games happened differently, and therefore when you tried the 'same move' you were using different rolls to calculate damage. Uniwar is based on a formula where each one of your units has a chance to hit the other unit. So your damage will be somewhere between 0 and the hp of your unit. You just didn't roll as high as they did, but the random numbers generated for your two games were the same. You just distributed them differently.

Interesting. Not sure if I get what you are saying 100%. Me and my opponent made identical moves for the first few moves. I tried to copy him. Then when he killed a speeder, I copied the order, but I didn't get the kill. I was very annoyed.
General Discussion » Impossibly low damage in tournament? » Go to message
  simsverd wrote:this isnt a bug.. but it would be ok to discuss the level of impact the random factor has

(moved it to general discussion)

How is this not a bug? I've noticed this myself as well in tournaments.

In the ongoing TvT tournament in the round I lost I had a speeder of mine attacked in my base by his speeder. It lost 4 life and his speeder just 3.

In the mirrored game, I tried the EXACT SAME MOVE. But I only took away 3 hp. So I was pisses off because it meant I couldn't kill his speeder. I then proceeded to try a different move. I was steamed at how he got mine and I couldn't get his.

Furthermore, I have noticed this in a lot of tournament games I've played. Especially in the early rounds.
Please look at a replay of mine in my archives:
Random-269209 for a SvK game. The next time I play KvT I will provide a replay for it.

As for Garudas, I personally see no reason to get them because of all the anti-air. The Garuda is not that effective against air, specifically Helicopters, but you can't increase its aerial because that would effect it's attack against swarmers.

The Garuda is just too squishy to get, even with +2 heal, it's not enough. It's just so squishy that I won't get it even against GH. Because it is so squishy I feel no reason to get it, even against GH. It dies just too fast.

What about the possibility of giving it Move After Attack, like the helicopter?
Khr has no units that can do this, but Titans and Sapiens both have it.
  Apercent wrote:
Saying this comes true, this may be overkill to speeders and maruader, although I'm not sure if it would be ( they're still used against helicopter after all, and helis have 10 defense). I like the idea though. I think the swarmer needs a fix

There is more than enough discussion about the Swarmer. However the Garuda's stand little to no chance in any game that I play. This is why I consider it useless. Maybe it should be buffed for +1 to aerial, or +1 to G.H. as opposed to a defensive buff. I think makes more sense than a defensive buff. The fact that it is a squishy aerial unit should be expected because of its cost. But for the love of GOD, please buff the stupid thing.
The most useless Unit in the game I've come across so far is without a doubt the Garuda. It needs a buff, preferably a defensive buff. It's just too squishy.

Look at the Garuda. It's useless against Titans with the Eclipse to counter it, or with the Walker to attack it. When the Walker sees it it will attack it undoubtedly.

Against Sapiens, well Sapiens beats Khr almost every time in my experience (I almost never lose this matchup). With one attack each in a turn, The helicopter can get a big chunk out of it, then a marauder and a marine can kill it very easily.

Garuda in KvK is not useless, because it can defeat a Swarmer convincingly. But even with that its not enough. 3 Swarmer attacks in 1 turn can get a Garuda down to less than half life. Swarmer spams beat Garuda every time.

The only way I see Garuda standing a chance if at all in KvK, assuming same number of credits used, 3500 credits in this example, is if there are 10 Garudas vs 14 Swarmers. Even so I don't know if Garuda could win this matchup.

It might just be me, but I see the Garuda as USELESS overall.
General Discussion » List of FAIR and UNFAIR rated maps - Please post!! » Go to message
DiamondsForever added as unfair.
Bug Reports » Veterancy Bonus bug » Go to message
Sorry for late reply.

Game name is Random-269209. It's in my archived games.

I emailed support already and got a reply
Bug Reports » Veterancy Bonus bug » Go to message
Sorry for late reply.

Game name is Random-269209. It's in my archived games.

I emailed support already and got a reply
General Discussion » Whould you skip or not in this instance? » Go to message
Even if an individual has had a long time to take their turn and they just did not when he logged on I don't think they should be penalized.

I find that there are sometimes games that I play in which I have to think really hard before I make my move, usually within 5-10 turns. This usually is only 1-2 of my 8-10 existing games. So what I do is I move in some of my other games first because I can look at the map and can usually tell what I am going to do. Because I have to think soooo hard, in the other games, for example, as T, I have to figure out where the buried underlings are, and what I think is my best move, it takes a loooooooooot of thinking. Mentally, I am not quite ready for it and I wait until I log in and am mentally ready for it. I'll often go to bed and wait until the next day to make my move
Forum Index Profile for Abie »» Messages posted by Abie