[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: lantry
Forum Index Profile for lantry »» Messages posted by lantry
General Discussion » Been hunting and hunting for the new rules » Go to message
I haven't gotten the update yet, but I think there might not be any new maps. The main page says "more maps added to solo and vs." and I think they are not adding new maps, but allowing you to play more of the existing maps in vs and solo mode. I'm to lazy to check right now, but I'm pretty sure that not all of the maps were/are supported in these modes yet, and if you can't find any new maps, then it is probably the second option.
Technical Support Questions » Random games » Go to message
There is an option in your settings that controls how many random games people can pull you into. Just set it to 0 if you don't want any of these games.
Honestly, they could have set this up much better: when you create a random game, it either matches you with someone of a same or higher skill level (you would be able to set the maximum difference between skill) or it waits until someone joins and you fit their requirements. It could even give both the players the choice to accept or decline the game once it finds a match. There is no need to press people into service.
General Discussion » The WORST thing about Uniwar.. » Go to message
  igniz13 wrote: Probably the rock paper scissors way that armies are set-up. Obviously you can still win with whatever race but it still unhinged things a little. Would be a lot better if it wasn't there.

I think the worst thing about uniwar is probably the hexes way the board is set-up. Obviously you can still move your units but it still unhinged things a little. Would be a lot better if it was made out of circles or something.
General Discussion » Llamas » Go to message
He looks like that because all British are inbred, just look at their royal family :P
I remember seeing a rainbow llama gif on albinoblacksheep or something, I'll have to see if I can find it.
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Specialized weapons » Go to message
Neat idea, but thats a bit more complex than you should get in a mobile platform game IMO. (which is why uniwar 2 should be PC :D:D:D)

as for the bases, you are right, way too campy. what if they cost a certain amount of credits per turn to whichever team owned them? or, just make them a new terrain type, and not buildable. (though without a mapeditor available, you wouldn't get any new maps using this XD)
New Feature Request » Need . . . more . . . maps! » Go to message
I had the misfortune to join when the game was already dying. There used to be a map editor available, and we were told that we should post maps we make on the forums, so that the devs can put the good ones into the game. Unfortunately, by the time I got here the map editor was no longer available for download, and the devs have not responded to my questions on the forums (if they even check them any more). It is such a great game, it is sad that it didn't become popular enough to do well.
Sapiens » Khraleans unbeatable vs Sapiens on Hard CPU » Go to message
Yep, cpu on hard gets more money than you do. kind of a cop out when it comes to developing AI, but I would rather the devs devote their time to more important issues and let the players go against humans online, which provides a much better experience anyway).
My advice: Be a man and play online.
New Feature Request » New Race! » Go to message
Has anyone here played Age of Mythology (from the Age of Empires franchise)? This sounds offtopic, but bear with me. In the original AoM, there were three races: Egyptian, Norse, and Greek. Egyptians had strong myth units, norse had strong heroes, greek had strong footsoldiers. You could compare the egyptians to the khralies, the norse to the titans, and the greeks to the sapiens. The game was wonderfully balanced, the best in the franchise IMO. Then, the expansion set came out. here are the two biggest additions, see if they look familiar: a new race (atlanteans) and a "nuke unit" (titan).

The atlanteans, while adding a new way to play the game, were also rather overpowered and generally wrecked havoc on the balance. They were medium with each of the big three (myth units, heroes, soldiers) which, when played well, completely owned anything the other player could throw at you because you always had a response to it.

the titans, being the true "nuke unit", cost tons of resources, time, etc. to build, but once built, completely wrecked everything else. This encouraged turtling of the worse kind, where players would make the best defense they could and then hunker down while they built the nuke, which led to some pretty unexciting gameplay. This isn't the kind of gameplay Uniwar should go for; the games are long enough without each player playing titans for def so they can build a nuke.

If you haven't played AoM before or didn't read my post, here is the gist of what I just said: NO.
Khraleans » How to beat Helicopter? » Go to message
Yeah, a lot of people prefer Titans for brute strength, but in reality they are mainly defense; sapiens have the strongest offense IMO. I used to like sapiens for the brute force, but as I gained more skill I realized the potential in Khralies. [/rambling]
Khralies have the most tactical play IMO. when against sapiens, use mostly garudas. swarmers are alright for backup, but i usually do without them. pinzers are good to use as a shield for your hurt garudas. infectors are for later game; you need to have a decent amount of units as helis can quickly jump through a gap and kill the infector. I would skip wyrms entirely, unless you are in a high-credit map where you can produce one in < 2 turns. Last but not least are the underlings, the icing on the cake. bury them on terrain with a favorable differential (mountains to plains, plains to swamp, etc) and try to lead the marines into a trap, or sneak them around back to prey on weakened units and unguarded bases.
The most important thing to remember, however, is to take out helis before they can escape and heal. keep in mind that your units are cheaper, so don't be afraid to send a garuda into enemy lines to take out a heli; this will still be a victory for you even if the garuda dies (which it probably will).
New Feature Request » Balanced Map » Go to message
hate to troll, but the solution is much easier than you think:
Don't play that map/race combination.
Next question please.
New Feature Request » Defense units + superweopans + new units » Go to message
NO, maybe, and no.
superweapons/nukes ruin games for the players with actual skill.
new units? perhaps. I would rather stay with the current units and keep it balanced than have new units and be unbalanced.
base upgrades would just cause slower games, as they are purely defensive units. yes, turn-based strategy isn't supposed to be fast-paced, but this would be too much.
General Discussion » Do game mods exist? 1-2 persons out of 5 not accepting peace » Go to message
This is the main reason i don't play many team games anymore; I would rather depend on my own skill than have to rely on someone else's also. I think team games and other games should have their wins/losses counted separately.
General Discussion » Do you use IRC? » Go to message
I use IRC for chatting with some other people, and i was thinking of setting up an IRC channel for uniwar. I am just conducting a quick survey here to see if there is interest in it. I know there is a chat function in the game, but i use my computer alot more than my ipod now, and i think typing is easier on the computer anyway.
New Feature Request » a few ideas(anti cheat,pm,sort games by map and race,replay) » Go to message
  Nicko wrote: Except I don't have a phone, so I can cheat?

Same here. I use an iPod, as many people probably do, so this wouldn't fix it entirely. IP addresses would be a better way to do it, IMO.
Khraleans » Khraleans Unite! » Go to message
i've recently been playing khrals on desolate with good success, though you still have to be careful of sapiens. bloody helis.
Forum Index Profile for lantry »» Messages posted by lantry